Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Joe Douglas' Scouting Report On Draft Class

What site are you using for udfa's BG? They're all over the place. Doesn't seem like the NFL's own site is updated very often, don't think BGN's is official

Chris Jackson‏ @CJacksonWVU

#WVU center Tyler Orlosky signs with the Eagles. Mountaineer pipeline in Philly

Tre' Sullivan‏ @_TreFIVE

Hype to have signed with the Philadelphia Eagles! Ready to get to work and you'll get everything I have and more! Nothing less! @Eagles

Is anyone worried at all with left tackle? I don't know if peters will last the full season or play up to where were use to seeing. He's getting much older now and I'm not sure if lane is up to the task to replace him if we need someone to fill his shoes if something was to happen knock on wood

15 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

So apparently only 3 UDFA have been confirmed to signed with the Eagles.... Clement, Johnston, Gorforth......WVU C has not been officially confirmed as signing with us though has been said......Greg Ward who was said to be signing with Philly is apparently going to the Falcons.....Eagles have 84 guys on roster so 6 spots remain 

http://www.theintell.com/sports/eagles/eagles-add-two-undrafted-players/article_05201986-4212-5432-b4af-6860752cb094.html

How are ya BG? Thanks for the info on the UDFA's that are projected to sign so far. I didn't get a chance to look that far ahead yet. I had a real bad weekend ,but did watch the whole Draft including the Draft Central show on PE.com w/Chris McPherson & Ike Reese. I really like the way they loaded up the WR position to create as much competition at that spot as possible! Wentz should have a much improved choice of weapons to throw to compared to last season which was dismal at best. We should finally get to see a bunch of bombs thrown for chunk yards. Shelton Gibson averaged 22.6 yds./catch & Mack Hollins averaged 21 yds./catch. Now that the Draft has passed I'm waiting on preseason like Christmas now. :towel: Since R.Matt is projected to be released as soon as his health is cleared then there's room for 7 UDFA's in total.

Bad draft for OT at least depth wise, we only have 4 on the roster and would like to see a few more in for camp. Was checking out roster depth earlier, getting tired tho

2 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

GOt tired of verifying udfa signings, don't know if this is official, posted some other ones

http://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/29/eagles-undrafted-free-agent-tracker/?src=rss

G-night

Nighty-nite,hope you get some rest bud,you're gonna need it for your surgery. I hope that all goes well for ya on May 3rd,I'll be thinking of you!

I thought we might bring in at least one udfa offensive tackle but I think there really might not be any worth picking up. Or it's a cap issue possibly

4 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I have to wonder what Peters was doing exactly when he re injured his after his surgery. Maybe he wasn't behaving! LOL Of course Ryans first was in 2010 and he played very well for us after it healed. The second one was in 2014 and he was a little older. He played 14 games after he healed but father time had him on the downswing by that time.

His dang Hoveround(whatever brand)collapsed under his weight is what I had heard. He's a big man.

2 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

I am not even counting guys that might come from out of nowhere, but I am so incredibly excited about what will be the 2017 Eagles 53 man roster... I am listing all f the guys that I personally am jazzed about at each position, for both starting quality and quality backup... Here we go!!... This post does not whittle the class down to 53, which is exactly why I am so excited! The roster numbers are loosely based upon last years numbers.

2-QB out of Wentz, Foles and McGloin

4-RB out of Smallwood, Sproles, Pumphrey, RMatt, Watson, and Marshall

5or6-WR out of Jeffrey, Smith, JMatt, Hollins, Gibson, Ag, and DGB

3TE set in stone with Ertz, Celek, and Burton

10or11OL out of Peters, Johnson, Kelce, Brooks, Warmack, Wiz, Barbre, Seumalo, Tobin, Big V

5or6DE- out of Graham,Long, Barnett, Curry, MS2, Means

5or6DT- out of Cox, Jernigan, Hart, Vaeao, Shittu, Allen, Qualls

4or5LB- out of Hicks, Bradham, Gerry, Goode, Walker, KGH, and Kendricks

6CB- out of Mills, Robinson, CJ Smith, Douglas, Jones, Grymes, Brooks

3S set in stone... McCloed, Jenkins, Watkins

3ST set in stone... DJ, Dorembos, and Sturgis

From these players listed, I do not feel the same way I have every other year being an Eagles fan, in that, I hope that this position or that position can stay healthy... This team will be built to win in spite of injury!

Brooks the S has a shot. He could actually be a contributor this season. Hart isn't a DT anymore. He's a OT. And I just don't see why to keep that many DT. I expect to see a DE next to Cox half the snaps. But it's always interesting to think on the numbers game.

19 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

His dang Hoveround(whatever brand)collapsed under his weight is what I had heard. He's a big man.

That is exactly what happened

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

What site are you using for udfa's BG? They're all over the place. Doesn't seem like the NFL's own site is updated very often, don't think BGN's is official

Don't really use one honestly like tweets from the players when they announce it is official in the article from Kratz he posts the tweets from the players saying they signed with us.....At the time of the article though nothing was officially released by Philly or WVU C about signing though again many reports said he was signing with the team.....

1 hour ago, darksnake1 said:

Is anyone worried at all with left tackle? I don't know if peters will last the full season or play up to where were use to seeing. He's getting much older now and I'm not sure if lane is up to the task to replace him if we need someone to fill his shoes if something was to happen knock on wood

Not really concerned with LT Eagles have Lane who is the replacement at LT...... I also like Big V think he can be a starting RT in this league and a good one.....I want to see Gordon as well we kept him on the 53 all year last season pretty much a red-shirt year want to see the strides he has made listed as a G but Eagles played him at OT in preseason 

46 minutes ago, darksnake1 said:

I thought we might bring in at least one udfa offensive tackle but I think there really might not be any worth picking up. Or it's a cap issue possibly

Eagles added a ton of guys to the OL already lot of bodies to work with already 17 guys in total and we still have some roster spots to fill up our 90 man so could still end up adding UDFA OT who knows 

I keep forgetting we signed Gratz last season should be in the mix for starting CB, The two CFL star CBs Grymes and White have a chance.....Have the other vets in Brooks and Robinson not sold on either of these guys.....Then we have the UDFA from last year CJ Smith excited to see his progress in year 2 liked him last year wished we would have given him more looks later in the year see what he could do....Of course we have our rooks as well Douglas has a chance to get on the field right away 

Chris Jackson‏ @CJacksonWVU

#WVU center Tyler Orlosky signs with the Eagles. Mountaineer pipeline in Philly

Love the Orlosky signing.he was ranked 95th overall and should have been drafted.This is a terrific steal for us

7 hours ago, darksnake1 said:

Not really concerned with LT Eagles have Lane who is the replacement at LT...... I also like Big V think he can be a starting RT in this league and a good one.....I want to see Gordon as well we kept him on the 53 all year last season pretty much a red-shirt year want to see the strides he has made listed as a G but Eagles played him at OT in preseason 

I dont think anyone has a concern about our starting T's.I believe the concern is the depth we have.With all the new toys for Wentz,even if he gets pressured,watch him quick release and burn the pass rush HAHAHA.Just toss it up there and let Alshon climb the ladder.So refreshing to have an OFFENSE

Like this roster because other than a few spots,everything is pretty wide open as to who makes the 53(sorry I still vie for 56 lol).This should be one of the more competitive camps we have seen in a LONG time(as Chip fades in my rear view mirror HAHA)

Had a bit of fun last night.Went to an Eagles POST draft party(any reason will do down here lol).They threw it together at the last minute,but lots of my local birdheads were there.We're all excited about the team this year(I'm paying for the 50 toasts there were lol).Most of us are older fans here in retirement heaven here,but we are all pretty knowledgeable.NOTHING like this board,but great folks just the same.SORRY FOR BEING OFF TOPIC!!

Am I the only one who is kinda happy we didn't get Cook I wasn't as high on him as many.....Not sure what happens with our RBs this season but if we need one still next year Royce Freeman seems like he could be tailor made for our O 

He will be a fumble machine. I am also glad we did not get him.