Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Joe Douglas' Scouting Report On Draft Class

Looking at our RBs come the start of the season I honestly would not be shocked if Smalls is our #1 RB.....He isn't much smaller then Clement both the same height right now Clement is listed as 10 pounds heavier but Smalls likely added some weight to his frame....And in terms of overall game think Smalls is the better player.....

You have to think we sign a vet here after we release RMatt. I do not see us going into the season with this as a RB crew...

55 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Like this roster because other than a few spots,everything is pretty wide open as to who makes the 53(sorry I still vie for 56 lol).This should be one of the more competitive camps we have seen in a LONG time(as Chip fades in my rear view mirror HAHA)

Sidney Jones and Beau Allen will make the team to give us 55 in reality....if that helps

Not sure about RMat at this point. If he was on the street as a FA he would probably be the best fit out of the available options. Not even sure if his health will allow a return to the league though.

Not sure about RMat at this point. If he was on the street as a FA he would probably be the best fit out of the available options. Not even sure if his health will allow a return to the league though.

Really a shame as he's always been a hard runner. That's the problem with bangers.

8 hours ago, darksnake1 said:

Is anyone worried at all with left tackle? I don't know if peters will last the full season or play up to where were use to seeing. He's getting much older now and I'm not sure if lane is up to the task to replace him if we need someone to fill his shoes if something was to happen knock on wood

If Seumalo doesn't get planted at Center (which I doubt,this season anyways) he'd be able to fill the spot in a pinch. I have complete confidence in Lane being able to take over at LT & Dillon Gordon who rode the bench (on 53 last year) is being groomed for depth at the spot.

25 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Sidney Jones and Beau Allen will make the team to give us 55 in reality....if that helps

Who knows,there's always an outside shot that Jones will pick up the D quick & be able to play depending on his Achilles. Before the Draft there was a Dr. report that Jones should be ready by Camp.

Matt Tobin is a LT we have been grooming for what seems like forever. Really don't like him much at any other position though. So after Peters,Lane,Big V then remember Barbre has experience at RT. Seamalu fits in there somewhere as well. Possibly making Barbre or Tobin expendable. Or both.

18 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Really a shame as he's always been a hard runner. That's the problem with bangers.

I know. I loved watching Mathews carry the ball. His body just couldn't hold up. ☹

Matt Tobin is a LT we have been grooming for what seems like forever. Really don't like him much at any other position though. So after Peters,Lane,Big V then remember Barbre has experience at RT. Seamalu fits in there somewhere as well. Possibly making Barbre or Tobin expendable. Or both.

Didn't Barbre play some LT a few years ago when JP was hurt?

4 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Who knows,there's always an outside shot that Jones will pick up the D quick & be able to play depending on his Achilles. Before the Draft there was a Dr. report that Jones should be ready by Camp.

Don't believe everything you read. The Dr I'm sure enjoyed being talked about. The surgery was his work. So it's not like he is going to say the procedure was a hack job. I think he also knew the stakes and did Sidney a solid by making this statement. Knowing that millions were on the line. But hey you have two Dr one in Charlotte and one in Seattle both monitoring. It seems like everything went well. I just can't see him being ready before Oct. And even then when do you risk your second round pick to come back from this injury? Tough call. Me, I wouldn't be thinking about him even practicing until at least Oct. I think the Dr knew exactly what he was saying giving him the 4-6 month recovery window. To help his draft stock. I'm taking the 6month recovery advice....at least.

4 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

My memory was Lane moved to LT in that Detroit game when Peters was injured and Barbre came in at RT. Ziggy Ansah had a field day. He was in the backfield for what seemed like the whole game. Then I believe it was like that for two full games afterwards.

One thing has to be said. The fans did a great job at the draft! I imagine the media was upset they did not have anything negative to say about the event. Really class job Eagles fans!! I was proud of you last weekend. I was laughing my butt off when Drew Pearson went right after him...I always enjoy going to the Eagles draft party every year but had to stay home and plan for my wedding so could not go. If they have it next year I am going. Also, MJK, Good luck with your procedure tomorrow.... Hope all turns out great and you can attend a game this year. Would love to have you taste my ribs!!

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Don't believe everything you read. The Dr I'm sure enjoyed being talked about. The surgery was his work. So it's not like he is going to say the procedure was a hack job. I think he also knew the stakes and did Sidney a solid by making this statement. Knowing that millions were on the line. But hey you have two Dr one in Charlotte and one in Seattle both monitoring. It seems like everything went well. I just can't see him being ready before Oct. And even then when do you risk your second round pick to come back from this injury? Tough call. Me, I wouldn't be thinking about him even practicing until at least Oct. I think the Dr knew exactly what he was saying giving him the 4-6 month recovery window. To help his draft stock. I'm taking the 6month recovery advice....at least.

Yeah,I'm totally in agreement with ya bro and know where you're coming from. I KNOW ALL ABOUT DOCTORS! And no,I would not be in any position to rush what could be a star CB.

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

My memory was Lane moved to LT in that Detroit game when Peters was injured and Barbre came in at RT. Ziggy Ansah had a field day. He was in the backfield for what seemed like the whole game. Then I believe it was like that for two full games afterwards.

If not totally right,I think you're very close from what I remember.

11 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

You're probably right. My memory isn't what it used to be.

Rasul Douglas is gonna be a fighter. He had a really rough life & had a tough time in college just having $$$ to eat. Said he had to walk to McDonalds (a few miles if I remember) get like 4 sandwiches, have 2 and then take the rest back to college with him to save for later. Some nights he went to bed with nothing to eat. He was on 'In Studio' with Spuds on Saturday. It should be in the 'Videos' archives on the website. If you have a chance check it out,you won't be disappointed.

24 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Yeah,I'm totally in agreement with ya bro and know where you're coming from. I KNOW ALL ABOUT DOCTORS! And no,I would not be in any position to rush what could be a star CB.

I know a guy that says the only reason to go to a doctor is for your heart and broken bones. He swears by herbal remedies and was cured of Hodgkins from Herbs to prove it. There is a Herbal Tea called Essiac I strongly suggest everyone to take on a daily basis. You can make it yourself and if you email me I will give step by step instructions.

I get the sense that our whole draft was preplanned that way. That we knew Barnett was likely to be there at 14. The idea of taking the injured Jones at 43 had to be thoroughly vetted. Douglas at 99. Going with the tiny RB in Pumphrey. Taking Gerry late to be trained at LB. It's not like these guys did any freefall into our laps. They were all going to be there at their respective picks.

Just wondering if P Donnie Jones is a lock to make the team this year. Either he just had a down year last year or maybe age is catching up with him. I believe the Eagles signed an UDFA from Ohio State to compete with him.

11 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Am I the only one who is kinda happy we didn't get Cook I wasn't as high on him as many.....Not sure what happens with our RBs this season but if we need one still next year Royce Freeman seems like he could be tailor made for our O 

He will be a fumble machine. I am also glad we did not get him.

Freeman is a STUD and I would take him with my first pick if I were the FO.of course all knew I wanted Fournette,but Rotce certainly works for me

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Like this roster because other than a few spots,everything is pretty wide open as to who makes the 53(sorry I still vie for 56 lol).This should be one of the more competitive camps we have seen in a LONG time(as Chip fades in my rear view mirror HAHA)

LOL no we still have to cut to 53

10 hours ago, darksnake1 said:

Is anyone worried at all with left tackle? I don't know if peters will last the full season or play up to where were use to seeing. He's getting much older now and I'm not sure if lane is up to the task to replace him if we need someone to fill his shoes if something was to happen knock on wood

If Seumalo doesn't get planted at Center (which I doubt,this season anyways) he'd be able to fill the spot in a pinch. I have complete confidence in Lane being able to take over at LT & Dillon Gordon who rode the bench (on 53 last year) is being groomed for depth at the spot.

We just picked up Orlosky.I believe he is our future center and Seu will be groomed for a G spot-JMO

1 hour ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Dec was the earliest that I heard.Don;t care dont RUSH him back.make sure he is ready