Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Joe Douglas' Scouting Report On Draft Class

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

if any are left by then

There will likely be more by then teams cutting players and all to get down to 53 

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

There will likely be more by then teams cutting players and all to get down to 53 

It really isn't that uncommon for vet players to be signed late into preseason or early season after teams figure out what they may or may not have in younger players first 

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So no harm then in expanding the roster to 56 allowing teams to carry 2 of each if they want.No biggie,just thought it would be a nice change

So you want to expandthe 53 man roster to 56 so teams can carry an extra P,K and LS..... If the roster was expanded teams still would only carry 1 K P and LS 

32 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

So no harm then in expanding the roster to 56 allowing teams to carry 2 of each if they want.No biggie,just thought it would be a nice change

So you want to expandthe 53 man roster to 56 so teams can carry an extra P,K and LS..... If the roster was expanded teams still would only carry 1 K P and LS 

Then thats their choice as it is now,but much more talent than when they made these antiquated rules

31 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

if any are left by then

30 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

It really isn't that uncommon for vet players to be signed late into preseason or early season after teams figure out what they may or may not have in younger players first 

Dont want other teams cuts,they were cut for a reason

2 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Just wondering if P Donnie Jones is a lock to make the team this year. Either he just had a down year last year or maybe age is catching up with him. I believe the Eagles signed an UDFA from Ohio State to compete with him.

Every team brings in competition at all positions to #1-keep players from getting complacent and #2-just to see if there IS a possibility for an upgrade.

3 hours ago, stine said:

One thing has to be said. The fans did a great job at the draft! I imagine the media was upset they did not have anything negative to say about the event. Really class job Eagles fans!! I was proud of you last weekend. I was laughing my butt off when Drew Pearson went right after him...I always enjoy going to the Eagles draft party every year but had to stay home and plan for my wedding so could not go. If they have it next year I am going. Also, MJK, Good luck with your procedure tomorrow.... Hope all turns out great and you can attend a game this year. Would love to have you taste my ribs!!

It should be in Philly again next year by all rights,they set a record with 250,000+ in attendance. I wish I would've been there to see the ever gorgeous NFL Net hostess/Philly native & Eagle Fanatic Colleen Wolfe in person. :wub:

33 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Players were cut from our team that went on to have success elsewhere it happens all the time lol..... 

35 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

If that is the case why would you want Blount he was not resigned for a reason....Or Charles he was cut by the Cheifs for a reason or any FA left on the market right now they were not signed for a reason already 

Not to concerned with the RB position....Will carry 4 guys willing to lock in 3 already Smalls/Sproles/Pumphrey to make the team.....Last spot will like be a battle between Clement/Watson/Mathews for that bigger RB role......I think Smalls will go into the season as our #1 back though 

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Freeman is a STUD and I would take him with my first pick if I were the FO.of course all knew I wanted Fournette,but Rotce certainly works for me

An astounding YES! I would even trade up (if possible w/o mortgaging the future) to snag him,another Fournette. I love watching the 590758f391bf1_OregonDucksLogo.jpg.fa36172ecb74447c7985e846f39ac124.jpg I've watched nearly every game of his and he is a beast. He looks like somebody's uncle at a family picnic running over his nieces & nephews compared to some of the players.

My early roster breakdown for the 53(just number of players for each position not listing names yet)

QB-2 

RB- 4

WR-6

TE-3

OL-10

25 O players

DE-5

DT-5

LB-5

DB-10

25 D players 

3 spots for STs K/P/LS

Personally not a fan of the 10 OL think we would be fine with 8-9 guys but Doug comes from the school of Andy who carries the extra OL and last year we had 11 on roster.....DL went heavy as well but Schwartz puts a ton of focus on the DL and need to keep our guys fresh 

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Thanks for the best wishes TD. Nerves are firing up a bit even tho all will go well.

YOU BET! I went through 7 surgeries for Spinal Cord Stimulator complications after my first 2 structural surgeries and you'd think that each one would be a little easier,but I was more nervous with each accompanying procedure. I'm not going to bother you so drop me a note at my inbox to let me know how you are doing as soon as you're able.

Sorry for being off topic,but I feel that this board is a brotherhood/sisterhood and that the more members know one another,the more civil and productive the conversations will be.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

See this is why I want a 56 roster P,K and LS are usually guys that are there for eons(taking up roster spots),so NOW when you need a replacement to be groomed you have to cut another BU position out.These 3 spots should be exempted from the roster count(thus 56 not 53)

To add to that,I think that Centers should be taught to long snap to free up that spot for another rotator.

Thanks again TD. There's always going to be a bit of nerves, wouldn't be human otherwise. The doc's really good, does several of these every week and my better half being an occupational therapist and working in rehab has hooked me up w/ some of his past patients. Good guy too - got me a private room. Pissed I'll miss volleyball this yr!

I'd love to see Nathan Gerry eventually win over the starting WILL LB position. In nickel situations he wouldn't have to come off of the field which would be especially beneficial for when the opposing O is going 'hurry up' for a game winning drive.

2 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:
  4 hours ago, stine said:

You have to think we sign a vet here after we release RMatt. I do not see us going into the season with this as a RB crew...

Not sure about that honestly sure we will have some vet options as insurance but would not be shockef at all to see us go young either.....Smalls,Sproles,Pumphrey, Watson/Clement as the 4th option 

I do not like those options for 4th and short or goal line. we need another back that can get those tough yards...

Or another center that can shove his man forward. Tom Brady can get those third and ones or 4th and ones by himself with their center.

This is the time of year I look at the picks, see what's left and what we need - which is really only grinder RB's. The one thing all the picks have in common is none of them have played a single down in the NFL. I'll be excited to see ( well hear ) how they do in camp and for the cream to rise to the top.

2 hours ago, stine said:

Jones and Allen will be on the PUP list so we have an extra six weeks to keep at least 2 additional players, thus 55...

Is 6 weeks the max for players to be on the PUP list,and then have to be moved to IR or elsewhere?

Do you (or anyone else) know when the UDFA's are allowed to be signed,I 4get?

Sooner the better, pledging to sign doesn't mean a thing if you don't actually do it except they break their word.

2 hours ago, stine said:

I do not like those options for 4th and short or goal line. we need another back that can get those tough yards...

Watson is 6-1/240 an did fine for his GL TD last season when he was given the chance.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000767174/Terrell-Watson-rushes-up-the-middle-for-a-1-yard-touchdown