Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Joe Douglas' Scouting Report On Draft Class

51 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not to concerned with the RB position....Will carry 4 guys willing to lock in 3 already Smalls/Sproles/Pumphrey to make the team.....Last spot will like be a battle between Clement/Watson/Mathews for that bigger RB role......I think Smalls will go into the season as our #1 back though 

I have a feeling (also a want) that Watson will win the other spot,especially if he adds superior pass pro to his game.

47 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Personally not a fan of the 10 OL think we would be fine with 8-9 guys but Doug comes from the school of Andy who carries the extra OL and last year we had 11 on roster.....DL went heavy as well but Schwartz puts a ton of focus on the DL and need to keep our guys fresh 

Last season was a prime example why to carry 10-11 OL-men. Totally agree with the DL. Those guys need to be rotated often for fresh legs & a full tank of oxygen with 'em going 100 MPH every down.

Spuds - need a new thread on the udfa's. Lots of confusion out here. And why didn't you get a spot on one of the networks during the draft coverage? You deserve it!

Interesting read by Kempski the other day about sitting Jones for the season.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-would-be-wise-shut-rookie-cb-sidney-jones-down-season/

Sitting him for the season means he'll be a restricted FA in 2020. Even if he's "healthy" in Oct, he'll have missed working out with the team and won't be in game shape

Hmmmm, not a down played yet but NFL Insiders - McShay, Kiper & crew giving us the best draft in NFC

57 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Hmmmm, not a down played yet but NFL Insiders - McShay, Kiper & crew giving us the best draft in NFC

Yeah,I was just checking it out here

Prisco's NFL Draft Grades for all 32 teams: Five earn 'A's and two fall short with 'D's - CBSSports.com

8 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I'd love to see Nathan Gerry eventually win over the starting WILL LB position. In nickel situations he wouldn't have to come off of the field which would be especially beneficial for when the opposing O is going 'hurry up' for a game winning drive.

Bradham and Hicks already stay on the field from Base to Nickel. So someone has to come off....

On 5/1/2017 at 8:48 AM, stine said:
  On 5/1/2017 at 8:36 AM, BleedingGreen93 said:
  On 5/1/2017 at 6:13 AM, stine said:

You have to think we sign a vet here after we release RMatt. I do not see us going into the season with this as a RB crew...

Not sure about that honestly sure we will have some vet options as insurance but would not be shockef at all to see us go young either.....Smalls,Sproles,Pumphrey, Watson/Clement as the 4th option 

I do not like those options for 4th and short or goal line. we need another back that can get those tough yards...

Or another center that can shove his man forward. Tom Brady can get those third and ones or 4th and ones by himself with their center.

The Eagles don't generally have a power run game, for years I wanted them to go one main back , and one change of pace and a back up, but they tend to have 3-4 rotate in ...last year we had Sproles Smallwood, Barner , and Matthews, all splitting reps, and there were a couple more that got touches... well I will keep wanting, they have all these small guys, and none of them are 25+ carries a game guys, except maybe the injury prone Matthews. Don't get me wrong, I love Sproles, I think he is more of a hybrid rb/wr, and hope this new kid can be too, But I don't recall the Eagles having an effective Bell Cow Back anytime recently.(Murry would have counted if he was effective)
It just isn't the system they run. :-/
I wouldn't mind seeing a couple QB sneaks like Mcnabb used to do on 3rd and short.(now would expect it on 4th and short with Doug's record for going for it. )

On 5/1/2017 at 1:03 PM, mjkline1958 said:

Yeah,I was just checking it out here

Prisco's NFL Draft Grades for all 32 teams: Five earn 'A's and two fall short with 'D's - CBSSports.com

I think it was a good draft that could turn out to be an excellent draft. Barnett will start, all signs point towards a full recovery for Jones. If so, then the Eagles may have gotten a steal. Douglas will probably start..the 2 WRs have a good chance to beat out DGB and AG, not sure about Gerry, but that DT is a big, athletic boy, and Jim Schwartz can find a use for him(maybe not a big role this year) Building for now and the future, I would give them an A, I do think the Cowboys had a good draft too(BOOOOOOOOO) but would be surprised if the Eagles weren't contending for the NFC east at the least.
Overall, happy fan!

FLY EAGLES FLY !!!!!!

On 5/1/2017 at 9:11 PM, cunninghamtheman said:

Bradham and Hicks already stay on the field from Base to Nickel. So someone has to come off....

Not when you have a LB (Nate Gerry) that can also play DB. This is like I said,If he wins starting WIL.