Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Joe Douglas' Scouting Report On Draft Class

Even backed up WR which I was against, would have gotten N-S RB's. They got some that can contribute ST's, learn the O and be there for us if Alshon and/or JMat want too much next yr, smart. The salary cap demands constant turnover, part of what makes this league great.

I was on last night and BG was wild. He named 3 players and they were taken over the next 5 picks. Freak was layin low, just pops in right before our 3rd pick and nailed it. We all have knee jerk reactions, we learn and head on.

BG and Freak are great at that.Much better than I am.I admit I like the "flash" players,but they can pick them at any spot

That would lower my respect for Douglas and the rest of the FO. The draft used to be 12 rds. I would set my board at least that deep, that's bread and butter time, hungry players that appreciate the shot.

I would like to see the NFL do a few things.Go to a 56 roster(ALL can dress) 12 on the PS and NO BYE WEEKS( or everyone gets the same week off).;Won't happen I know,but so much more talent now then when these antiquated rules were adopted

That would lower my respect for Douglas and the rest of the FO. The draft used to be 12 rds. I would set my board at least that deep, that's bread and butter time, hungry players that appreciate the shot.

Hollins probably is there to replace the lazy DGB(aka big target) Gibson I liked as a late WR anyway,who can fall in behind JMatt and if he wants too much to re-sign,we got his replacement in here lol(he's pretty fast on the burner front as well)

Here's our UDFA pick up MJK.No speedster,but he can bang out those  4 1/4 yards(we got the speed with Pumphrey) So reall we cna ADJUST our running game to whomever we are playing that weel-VERY NICE!!

Interesting draft excited to see how it works out for us.....This seemed to have Joe written all over it early on and Howie got to play around on day 3....Seems like we got a few decent UDFA as well right off the bat....Clement not a bad pickup, DE Cox was a guy I had some interest in as a later pick the C from WVU know he was liked by a few on here 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Hollins probably is there to replace the lazy DGB(aka big target) Gibson I liked as a late WR anyway,who can fall in behind JMatt and if he wants too much to re-sign,we got his replacement in here lol(he's pretty fast on the burner front as well)

Hollins was also a deep threat in college avg. over 20 yards a catch that is impressive but can also do those slants and things....20 Tds not terrible either over his career....Seems like the problem with him was he broke his collarbone this year though it is fully healed now......I also like the fact he has been around Wentz already and thrown around with him why I wonder if Wentz possibly had little insight on him 

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I would like to see the NFL do a few things.Go to a 56 roster(ALL can dress) 12 on the PS and NO BYE WEEKS( or everyone gets the same week off).;Won't happen I know,but so much more talent now then when these antiquated rules were adopted

I see the point in the active list would give an unfair advantage to teams that had more healthy guys if one team had 56 healthy and another was down 8 guys because of injury or whatever pretty big difference......Not sure how I feel about increasing the roster though part of what makes the NFL great is that you really can't afford to stash to many guys on your roster talent is going to slip through....PS increase I would be alright with though those guys can be poached at anytime by another team so to me opens jobs and doesn't really hurt the talent pool either 

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Don't see lubes unless it's a new thread. 1) You destroyed the HR game, 2) Nobody plays anymore because you destroyed it and 3) nobody cares if you don't contribute - see ya

Yet its funny some of you still find sometime time to complain. Just step up your game. And really you cant say much cuz 3D did the same and had HR after HR till I shut him down. I dont contribute much during the offseason as I really dont follow college ball, so just shut the p h u c k up. I got tired of listening to you all complain that Id rather just read what you say and lurk.

Haha come on you dont contribute during the season either. Imagine you playing your game if there was no one on this board posting. Its become awkward now posting first coz everyone else on here dont want to be part of the game so posting first makes it look like you are. I remember posting on here new article you posted after with your total of HR then changed your post coz i was 1st lol Thats when i realized you care more about an outdated game more than contributing on here. Telling Mjk to p h u c k up shows that even more.

hahahahahahahaha i completely forgot about that HR game man good times good times....man miss 3D 

DC hasn't been around much either lately thought he might be filling the 3D void lol 

Interesting draft excited to see how it works out for us.....This seemed to have Joe written all over it early on and Howie got to play around on day 3....Seems like we got a few decent UDFA as well right off the bat....Clement not a bad pickup, DE Cox was a guy I had some interest in as a later pick the C from WVU know he was liked by a few on here 

Cox signed with Panthers i think not Eagles

I had plenty of excitement for this draft. I really felt like it was an above average class of talent. With it coming to a close the truth is I'm fairly disappointed. I look around and see how many teams really helped themselves in this draft. I feel like Pedey is somewhat on the hot seat and he didn't get what he needed. He has a bunch of players here basically on one year contracts. The team is all capped out. So it would seem the team will find it hard to take steps forward next season. More like a hard time keeping these players.

So if you are going to have a hard time keeping your players, two big players in Peters and Sproles are ready to retire,your capped out and you aren't a contending team then you went down the wrong path.

Am i the only fan that doesn't really concern himself with the Eagles cap space????? I mean seriously listened all off-season how we couldn't do all these things yet we got Alshon we got Torrey we signed Chance Warmack....Now people are complaining already on how can we keep these guys next season it will work itself out....JP/Sproles good chance neither is on the books next season, Curry can be cut I believe next year with little to no penalty(or possibly dealt), Kelce could be on his way out as could Kendricks.....Howie will get the cap looking good again.....Also add in the fact if the Eagles CB picks work out don't have to worry about spending big on CBs for couple seasons, Derek will be on a rookie deal 

I had plenty of excitement for this draft. I really felt like it was an above average class of talent. With it coming to a close the truth is I'm fairly disappointed. I look around and see how many teams really helped themselves in this draft. I feel like Pedey is somewhat on the hot seat and he didn't get what he needed. He has a bunch of players here basically on one year contracts. The team is all capped out. So it would seem the team will find it hard to take steps forward next season. More like a hard time keeping these players.

This year we are stacked except RB. Next year we gonna good on cap space as players like Kelce, Kendricks, Peters, Celek, Sproles, Curry, Matthews could all be gone. Just like the players say control what they can n the rest will sort it self out n fall into place. Next year is next year we have the 2017 season to focus on.

Am i the only fan that doesn't really concern himself with the Eagles cap space????? I mean seriously listened all off-season how we couldn't do all these things yet we got Alshon we got Torrey we signed Chance Warmack....Now people are complaining already on how can we keep these guys next season it will work itself out....JP/Sproles good chance neither is on the books next season, Curry can be cut I believe next year with little to no penalty(or possibly dealt), Kelce could be on his way out as could Kendricks.....Howie will get the cap looking good again.....Also add in the fact if the Eagles CB picks work out don't have to worry about spending big on CBs for couple seasons, Derek will be on a rookie deal 

Hahaha man pretty much was thinking the same thing.

Then you guys just aren't living in reality. Reality is the money rules things in the NFL. We are in a position where we need extra money to roll into next and future seasons. Instead we spent to the limit. And sure BG I like the Alshon pickup as well. But he wasn't coming here if he got the deal he wanted. We couldn't afford it. We only got real in the Alshon Sweepstakes because he wanted a one year deal as a prove it contract. Chance Warmack didn't cost anything. A failed talented high pick player. But one thing is guaranteed. If we actually are successful then they are all looking to get paid. To me it's pathetic to be a noncontending team that will have to choose between keeping their starting QB for the defense in Hicks or the top receiver in Alshon. Because to me that isn't good enough. We are going to need additions on top of that. You know because we aren't World Beaters. Then the ball just keeps rolling downhill on things. Because Pedey will come under fire with the fans. And then we fire him. And then we missed the rookie contract window with Wentz. So then we have to pay him 20 plus mil a year. Good luck bringing in any talented high priced free agents then to complete the puzzle. You need a sense of urgency. How many of these players is Wentz going to develop a chemistry with that lasts? Alshon? RMat? Peters? L Johnson? Kelce? JMat? Sproles? I mean what are we doing here?

46 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

This year we are stacked except RB. Next year we gonna good on cap space as players like Kelce, Kendricks, Peters, Celek, Sproles, Curry, Matthews could all be gone. Just like the players say control what they can n the rest will sort it self out n fall into place. Next year is next year we have the 2017 season to focus on.

So you believe we are" stacked?"  So you think we are in the hunt. I thought we could be a tough team if we stacked the offense and got an elite RB. At least had that one side of the ball to carry the day. I don't see us as SB contenders. I see us as a capped out team half full of band aids.

1 hour ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

So you believe we are" stacked?"  So you think we are in the hunt. I thought we could be a tough team if we stacked the offense and got an elite RB. At least had that one side of the ball to carry the day. I don't see us as SB contenders. I see us as a capped out team half full of band aids.

We got a no.1 WR. Good compliment WRs. Top TE. Good OL. Running game wasnt as bad as people think. I do think we need a RB.

Eagles S duo are one of the top of the league. LB core with Hicks n Bradham are good. DL upgraded big time. CBs is a question mark until we see then on the field.

Are we in the hunt? We are 0-0 CHam the season hasnt even started. We are not gonna win the paper Super Bowl. Lets see then on the field before giving up on them. Havent even played a single down man!

Then you guys just aren't living in reality. Reality is the money rules things in the NFL. We are in a position where we need extra money to roll into next and future seasons. Instead we spent to the limit. And sure BG I like the Alshon pickup as well. But he wasn't coming here if he got the deal he wanted. We couldn't afford it. We only got real in the Alshon Sweepstakes because he wanted a one year deal as a prove it contract. Chance Warmack didn't cost anything. A failed talented high pick player. But one thing is guaranteed. If we actually are successful then they are all looking to get paid. To me it's pathetic to be a noncontending team that will have to choose between keeping their starting QB for the defense in Hicks or the top receiver in Alshon. Because to me that isn't good enough. We are going to need additions on top of that. You know because we aren't World Beaters. Then the ball just keeps rolling downhill on things. Because Pedey will come under fire with the fans. And then we fire him. And then we missed the rookie contract window with Wentz. So then we have to pay him 20 plus mil a year. Good luck bringing in any talented high priced free agents then to complete the puzzle. You need a sense of urgency. How many of these players is Wentz going to develop a chemistry with that lasts? Alshon? RMat? Peters? L Johnson? Kelce? JMat? Sproles? I mean what are we doing here?

We are building a team! Trust the process!