Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Joe Douglas' Scouting Report On Draft Class

12 hours ago, rlubrich87 said:

It was a safe draft nothing more. Howie was protecting his job by the choices he made.

Usually you protect your job by selecting guys who will be good football players for your team, which he did.

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Lane will take over,we got Pumphrey,we are COVERED.One could argue we neem a guy to replace Celek.if that's all we need I consider this draft to be a success

Great nothing like turning to a dumba77 that's going to get himself kicked out of the league in a season or two. At a premium price tag I might add. And yeah we got a tiny little wafer(pumphrey)of an NFL player so all is fixed.

If these WR picks don't light a fire under DGB and Ags nothing will

I don't think this draft was all that safe for us we took some gambles.....I do think this draft showed that Joe has little bit of influence in the draft room though which could be a huge....Sitting still can also be a gamble as is trading up or down....How does it impact us that we didn't move up to get a RB like Cook or the gamble of drafting a CB like Jones....I thought the Eagles did a good mix of moving around later in the draft pick more bodies and sitting still and just taking our BPA 

Hmmm gamble or investment on Jones? I pick the latter,A round 1 talent in round 2 I'll take all day.GAMBLING is what CHICAGO did.I liked the restraint showed and the smarts,even dumping our round 7 for an extra 6 pick/So yeah I saw it as a safe draft,which we needed badly and not the knee jerk panic mode actions we have taken before

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

The days of coddling MS2 are over.He's gonna have to fight for a roster spot now.Man up or move on

Also kinda just went right over the main question as well which was do we look to move guys in place where we have a ton of bodies that could step up ie DE and C 

Maybe Vinnie too.

Just now, GreenbleedinFL said:

Hmmm gamble or investment on Jones? I pick the latter,A round 1 talent in round 2 I'll take all day.GAMBLING is what CHICAGO did.I liked the restraint showed and the smarts,even dumping our round 7 for an extra 6 pick/So yeah I saw it as a safe draft,which we needed badly and not the knee jerk panic mode actions we have taken before

Was a gamble I liked it as well but still a gamble we spent a high pick on an injured player and have no real clue how he will heal.....Of course if he comes back healthy the gamble pays off and our FO looks like genius and we stole a top 15 talent in the 2nd round 

9 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

The days of coddling MS2 are over.He's gonna have to fight for a roster spot now.Man up or move on

Also kinda just went right over the main question as well which was do we look to move guys in place where we have a ton of bodies that could step up ie DE and C 

On MS2,now at least we have the OPTION to keep him,or let him go instead of "man we're so thin" he's gotta stay

4 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I just never it saw it this way. MS2 was a project pick from the beginning. He was never coddled. I think he was collateral damage of the power struggle between Chip and Rosie. So I think the opposite. That he was not given a chance under Chip. Then surprise he got in the game last year. Mind you behind what was an unbreakable starting lineup. Because Schwartz had made his mind up that he was running with Graham and Barwin. Anyway I think MS2 would be right on schedule to have a break out season now. Developmental pass rusher going into fourth season. Seems about right to me. We'll see.

5 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Maybe Vinnie too.

I don't think we will be wasting our time lighting fires,I think we got their replacements in here

6 minutes ago, ASG15 said:
  7 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Maybe Vinnie too.

I don't think we will be wasting our time lighting fires,I think we got their replacements in here

Hollins=DGB Gibson=Agholor and/or Jmatt(possibly both)

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  9 minutes ago, ASG15 said:
  10 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Maybe Vinnie too.

Open competition and let the best men win. Either way the receiving corps gets better.

Another aspect of these picks as MJK pointed out-worker bees,no Prima Donna me,me,me guys.These are all hard workers who love the game and their craft and won't take plays off(YAY!!!!!)

BG we are loaded at C. So you would think we could make a move. Kelce,Wisniwski,Seamulu and now Orlovsky whom I love that addition of. I'd be fine going with the undrafted kid. DE I don't see the same. Because the plan is to move a DE to DT on passing downs. That's half the plays.

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  11 minutes ago, ASG15 said:
  13 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Maybe Vinnie too.

Open competition and let the best men win. Either way the receiving corps gets better.

Let them prove they are worthy of being Eagles.SLOWLY the PRIDE is returning to Philly

18 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I just never it saw it this way. MS2 was a project pick from the beginning. He was never coddled. I think he was collateral damage of the power struggle between Chip and Rosie. So I think the opposite. That he was not given a chance under Chip. Then surprise he got in the game last year. Mind you behind what was an unbreakable starting lineup. Because Schwartz had made his mind up that he was running with Graham and Barwin. Anyway I think MS2 would be right on schedule to have a break out season now. Developmental pass rusher going into fourth season. Seems about right to me. We'll see.

A round 1 pick should not be a 3 year "project" We simply BLEW it lol.Hopefully that is behind us

18 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Hope he does,if he's the best man for the job,so be it,but this is the year he better do it

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  10 minutes ago, ASG15 said:
  12 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Maybe Vinnie too.

If I had to guess i'd say DGB is gone, Ags too depending on the cap hit. I doubt Jmatt is going anywhere.

Another plus for Barnett - he doesn't have to come off the field, although Schwart does like to swap them out.

2 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

A round 1 pick should not be a 3 year "project" We simply BLEW it lol.Hopefully that is behind us

I would never argue that he was deserving of that first round pick. But the coaches have to give him a chance to make an impact. Chip and Davis weren't going to let that happen. He needed time to develop anyway. So let's see what he's got. I'm not saying the guy is ready to head to the Pro Bowl or anything. I just noticed some good things he did last season. Enough to realize he deserved playing time before last season.

9 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

BG we are loaded at C. So you would think we could make a move. Kelce,Wisniwski,Seamulu and now Orlovsky whom I love that addition of. I'd be fine going with the undrafted kid. DE I don't see the same. Because the plan is to move a DE to DT on passing downs. That's half the plays.

We have a ton of bodies on the DL not saying we are loaded at any position not jumping the gun but again if couple guys step up during camps and preseason could make some other expendable is my point.....

I guess when I think about MS2 I think back about Brandon Graham. All the fans were pissed at the pick and wanted to run him out of town. It took him time to develop. I was the lone fan here that preached patience. I saw those little glimpses that told me he could be very good. So if it was up to the fans Graham would have been elsewhere. Graham wasn't as developmental as MS2. I mean everyone said MS2 came into the league with a bird chest. He wasn't near ready year one. If given the opportunity all signs point to this being a breakout year for him.

If the Eagles go 5 DEs Barnett/Graham/Long say McCallister out performs curry(again hypothecial) is Curry now expendable???? Still have Means and Ms2 who are more then good enough 5th DEs....Eagles have some good interior rushers in Jernigan and Cox already added Qualls as well and destiny showed flashes as well plus Beau isnt likely going anywhere......Again not trying to give anyone away but pass rushers tad to be overvauled more not quite as bad as QB but up there 

2 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

I guess when I think about MS2 I think back about Brandon Graham. All the fans were pissed at the pick and wanted to run him out of town. It took him time to develop. I was the lone fan here that preached patience. I saw those little glimpses that told me he could be very good. So if it was up to the fans Graham would have been elsewhere. Graham wasn't as developmental as MS2. I mean everyone said MS2 came into the league with a bird chest. He wasn't near ready year one. If given the opportunity all signs point to this being a breakout year for him.

Again Ms2 production last season matched Currys in half the snaps....He has improved everyones issue is he was a 1st round pick he not lived up to that label....Think right now could be a good backup would not cost a ton either on next deal