Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Joe Douglas' Scouting Report On Draft Class

1 minute ago, mjkline1958 said:

So Gerry will be LB according to Lawlor

Yea Dougals talked about it as well.....Bit stiff to be a DB it sounds like plays more like the old school down in the box SS which now are those hybrid LBs 

So why did Orlovsky go undrafted? That's the question I'm trying to answer. He was labeled a 3rd rounder by many of the draft 'experts.' Obviously position is a factor. I figured he wouldn't go before day three. It was a very strong class of C. I had him as the fourth best C in this draft though. 

Im just looking at all the position we have a ton of bodies at and wondering if we could make a move.....OL we have a ton of guys only likely to keep 10 at best.....WR have bodies if a guy steps up could JMatt be expendable or AG be dealt bust for bust type trade...talk the DL....Could even look at QB Mcgloin/Foles both play well could we move one.....Again not looking at getting outragous  values could just be another player team is trying to get rid of for the same reasons as us or low end pick 

So why did Orlovsky go undrafted? That's the question I'm trying to answer. He was labeled a 3rd rounder by many of the draft 'experts.' Obviously position is a factor. I figured he wouldn't go before day three. It was a very strong class of C. I had him as the fourth best C in this draft though. 

Yeah CBS had him ranked at 95th overall!!! I'd pick him up just to see what he's got

Im just looking at all the position we have a ton of bodies at and wondering if we could make a move.....OL we have a ton of guys only likely to keep 10 at best.....WR have bodies if a guy steps up could JMatt be expendable or AG be dealt bust for bust type trade...talk the DL....Could even look at QB Mcgloin/Foles both play well could we move one.....Again not looking at getting outragous  values could just be another player team is trying to get rid of for the same reasons as us or low end pick 

Oh I'm sure there will be some low level deals made when camp starts.Someone needing BU WR and we could grab additional depth someplace else(TE maybe?)

This is year two of a three year plan to build the Eagles into a serious contender for many years to come. QB and at least one if not two good O-lineman last year. Significant upgrades at CB this year. We should get at least two very good to great players out of Barnett, Jones, and Pumphrey. Yes, Jones is a gamble, but not a really big one. If he turns out to be great in year 3, who cares if he doesn't play this year. Year 3 is the target. The front office has made the Eagles better this year with Jeffrey and Smith and probably plan to resign whichever has the better year. Doug is an Andy Reid disciple. He wouldn't run the ball 40 times a game even if he had a pounding RB. With rare exceptions, they only give you 2 top years anyway and you can draft or sign one virtually at will. (Doesn't anyone remember Keith Byers?)

The team is far more competitive this year than last. I think the front office is doing a great job repairing the Chip damage. Howie is a better GM than before Chip. Doug is a solid coach. Thank God for Joe Douglas. I'll be 61 this year and I desperately want to see the Eagles win a Super Bowl before my time on Earth is done. I see great reasons to be hopeful.

Mateagle made an excellent point-Talking generalities see what we took- we got DE,CB,CB,WR,RB,WR,LB,DT did the team address the needs? I think they did just that

7 minutes ago, Pawnskewer said:

This is year two of a three year plan to build the Eagles into a serious contender for many years to come. QB and at least one if not two good O-lineman last year. Significant upgrades at CB this year. We should get at least two very good to great players out of Barnett, Jones, and Pumphrey. Yes, Jones is a gamble, but not a really big one. If he turns out to be great in year 3, who cares if he doesn't play this year. Year 3 is the target. The front office has made the Eagles better this year with Jeffrey and Smith and probably plan to resign whichever has the better year. Doug is an Andy Reid disciple. He wouldn't run the ball 40 times a game even if he had a pounding RB. With rare exceptions, they only give you 2 top years anyway and you can draft or sign one virtually at will. (Doesn't anyone remember Keith Byers?)

The team is far more competitive this year than last. I think the front office is doing a great job repairing the Chip damage. Howie is a better GM than before Chip. Doug is a solid coach. Thank God for Joe Douglas. I'll be 61 this year and I desperately want to see the Eagles win a Super Bowl before my time on Earth is done. I see great reasons to be hopeful.

Hi Pawn,great post.Welcome to the BORED lol(lots of old guys on here)

7 minutes ago, cunninghamtheman said:

Kelce,JMatt and a 2018 fourth rounder for Sherman. That's what I'm offering.

Don't want his attitude here

5 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Man I love Sherman attitude love the whole Seattle D attitude they are cocky and arrogant and rightfully so.....Wouldn't trade for Sherman most likely though but I do think our D needs guys like him that are confident and arrogant why I like Mills so much just waiting for his play to match up now  

11 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Man I love Sherman attitude love the whole Seattle D attitude they are cocky and arrogant and rightfully so.....Wouldn't trade for Sherman most likely though but I do think our D needs guys like him that are confident and arrogant why I like Mills so much just waiting for his play to match up now  

Then stay in Seattle

At this time,I would like to wish MJK godspeed with his surgery scheduled for Wed.Although we will miss your input for a time,be assured we are ALL there with you.Fly MJK Fly.GL buddy

It's fun to look at the roster this time of yr w/ all the depth. Wasn't the draft to do it, could use some OT's.

Thanks GB. Wo'nt be taking my laptop, just glad it was scheduled after the draft. Supposed to be home the following Sun. A bit nervous, wouldn't be human if I wasn't. Don't know about ec eryone else, drafted out. Reading up on the udfa's. Didn't count, how many on the roster?

Thanks GB. Wo'nt be taking my laptop, just glad it was scheduled after the draft. Supposed to be home the following Sun. A bit nervous, wouldn't be human if I wasn't. Don't know about ec eryone else, drafted out. Reading up on the udfa's. Didn't count, how many on the roster?

Still just 2 UDFA's signed.Clement and the punter from OSU

Michael Clark, UDFA WR to consider at 6'7" - project could turn into a redzone match up nightmare for defensive coordinators in the league if he developed into an NFL wideout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieFZ7a-QPU0