Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Joe Douglas' Scouting Report On Draft Class

Anybody think that elijas qualls will earn a roster spot at the end of training camp? I wasn't sure about him when we drafted him. What do you guys think

To me it depends on how quickly Beau can recover. Hard to lift with a torn Pec.

57 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Don't have to defend me. I decide what's worth my time and what's not, period.

Thanks for the med updates Wrang - those were worth reading, raises my hopes of a full recovery for Jones. Don't think there's a better doc in that area than Anderson, guy's saved a bunch of careers.

I have to wonder what Peters was doing exactly when he re injured his after his surgery. Maybe he wasn't behaving! LOL Of course Ryans first was in 2010 and he played very well for us after it healed. The second one was in 2014 and he was a little older. He played 14 games after he healed but father time had him on the downswing by that time.

I seem to remember he was using a walker as part of his rehab and it broke.

JP is a pretty big boi.

2 minutes ago, rlubrich87 said:

Yea if you would have read back I'm always reading the posts cuz you all have great insight. But when you have to make a comment about me beating you again then it just sounds like whining. It seems to only be one or two ppl ever saying anything.

Do you actually think other people try to get firsts? Most the time we are hashing it out on the last article still and have to be told new article lol you are the only one refreshing your computer every 10 seconds to get the next first.

Just went though that w/ my med device supplier as they sent me this flimsy walker for my post op - I'm 6'1", 230! It's been replaced. Can't imagine fitting JP for one

7 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

Do you actually think other people try to get firsts? Most the time we are hashing it out on the last article still and have to be told new article lol you are the only one refreshing your computer every 10 seconds to get the next first.

That's fine and to each his own. So again if you didn't care you wouldn't say anything. I'll continue to do my thing and you do yours. When to boards died for a while I got board and just decided to lurk on the boards.

Just now, rlubrich87 said:

That's fine and to each his own. So again if you didn't care you wouldn't say anything. 

I care that you disrespect my friends and you don't even participate on the page. Take your garbage elsewhere. If you can't be respectful get off here you don't participate anyways. 

Think people need to stop basing Ms2 on the fact he was a 1st rounder....He clearly a bust in terms of us taking him in the 1st round our FO messed that up.....Lets look at him solely as a player now what can he provide.....Comparing him to Curry again he had the same number of sacks in half the playing time..... I am looking at Ms2 is he worth being a backup now can he be a 3rd/4th DE 

But to get away from the Ms2 talks want to look at the O.....Eagles went out and got some field stretchers I mean Torrey Smith has been that guy, Alshon can do it with his size and jump ball skills and then looking at our 2 draft picks Hollins/Gibson both stretch the field well in college avg. over 20 per catch......Thought our O was extremely limited last season because we really didn't have that guy that could take the top off the D now we could have 3 or 4 guys that could 

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Think people need to stop basing Ms2 on the fact he was a 1st rounder....He clearly a bust in terms of us taking him in the 1st round our FO messed that up.....Lets look at him solely as a player now what can he provide.....Comparing him to Curry again he had the same number of sacks in half the playing time..... I am looking at Ms2 is he worth being a backup now can he be a 3rd/4th DE 

MS2 has a lot of work to do he might be the 5th DE Curry will stay because of his contract and I think 3rd everyone else is miles ahead of him

Ertz and Jmatt can work the middle and having guys that open that up should help how much damage they can do......Will be interesting to see if the Eagles look flex Pumphrey or Sproles out wide as well 

5 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

But to get away from the Ms2 talks want to look at the O.....Eagles went out and got some field stretchers I mean Torrey Smith has been that guy, Alshon can do it with his size and jump ball skills and then looking at our 2 draft picks Hollins/Gibson both stretch the field well in college avg. over 20 per catch......Thought our O was extremely limited last season because we really didn't have that guy that could take the top off the D now we could have 3 or 4 guys that could 

I think we tried finding Torrey Smith's replacement this year to learn under him a year or 2

18 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

I care that you disrespect my friends and you don't even participate on the page. Take your garbage elsewhere. If you can't be respectful get off here you don't participate anyways. 

Yesterday was the first day i said anything cuz I was tired of it being said so too bad. And the best part you have no power to do anything.

1 minute ago, downwithdallas said:

I think we tried finding Torrey Smith's replacement this year to learn under him a year or 2

I want to see Sproles, Pumphrey, Smith, Gibson and Burton on the field at the same time... the speed match-up would be insane... and multiple guys would be running away from defenders

8 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

MS2 has a lot of work to do he might be the 5th DE Curry will stay because of his contract and I think 3rd everyone else is miles ahead of him

McCallister is my pick for 5th DE.....Ms2 likely only makes the team if we move another DE(or injury)......But the reason I bring up Ms2 is because i feel like his play was on par with Curry in a fraction of the snaps and he comes at a fraction of the cost......So if Ms2 and a 5th DE like McCallister have strong camps could we look to move a player like Curry in a trade....And I mainly look at Curry because even with his contract think he still holds the most value of a player we would be willing to move on from 

1 hour ago, darksnake1 said:

Anybody think that elijas qualls will earn a roster spot at the end of training camp? I wasn't sure about him when we drafted him. What do you guys think

I cant help but think that the Eagles will shed some DE and only keep 1 between MCallister, MS2 and Means... and that would allow them to keep all 6 DT Cox, Jernigan, Hart, Vaeao, Shittu, and Qualls... Im not counting Allen, I suspect he will be placed on the DAL to start season and not be able to play until week 6... By doing this they would buy more time to get longer looks at the guys they are most excited about... vaeao and Shittu, while getting a look at what they have in Qualls, which btw can swing from DE to DT

Just now, rlubrich87 said:

I have been. Yesterday was the first day i said anything cuz I was tired of it being said so too bad. And the best part you have no power to do anything.

You remind me of a spoiled little child. You could be respectful and say sorry it won't happen again but choose to say childish things like the best part is you have no power to do anything. I am done talking to you about this obviously your not mature enough to know better.

Just now, downwithdallas said:

You remind me of a spoiled little child. You could be respectful and say sorry it won't happen again but choose to say childish things like the best part is you have no power to do anything. I am done talking to you about this obviously your not mature enough to know better.

play nice guys, we should be enjoying one another

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Hart is an OT now 

since when?

1 minute ago, mateagle2 said:

play nice guys, we should be enjoying one another

since when?

They made the change early in the off-season see if I can find the article 

3 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

Dude I already apologized b4 you had to jump in so scroll back and take a look. Im not going anywhere.

7 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

McCallister is my pick for 5th DE.....Ms2 likely only makes the team if we move another DE(or injury)......But the reason I bring up Ms2 is because i feel like his play was on par with Curry in a fraction of the snaps and he comes at a fraction of the cost......So if Ms2 and a 5th DE like McCallister have strong camps could we look to move a player like Curry in a trade....And I mainly look at Curry because even with his contract think he still holds the most value of a player we would be willing to move on from 

Curry's contract will keep him on the team this year I think

Just now, BleedingGreen93 said:

They made the change early in the off-season see if I can find the article 

It would be interesting if they are doing that to provide more depth/versitility and he will be there as a means to free up roster space for some other positions than the O-line and D-line

2 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

It would be interesting if they are doing that to provide more depth/versitility and he will be there as a means to free up roster space for some other positions than the O-line and D-line

What I mean by this, is that whereas they used 22 spots on the oline dline last year... maybe they only want to use 20-21

Good Evening all! I come on here to see what everyone thinks about the draft and see Arguing amongst us eagle fans? Please let us not go down that road again. I left for a couple years last time and would rather like to hang around for while. I will go away and come back tomorrow. I liked the draft, but thought Douglas got beat out twice and did not want it to happen a third time so moved up to get Dumphrey... Anyway, it was OK. I am happy but we will see in a couple years how good it really was.... Talk to you all later.