Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Joe Douglas' Scouting Report On Draft Class

5 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

Curry's contract will keep him on the team this year I think

Not expecting us to trade him but was looking at all our positions we have a ton of bodies and looking at guys who might hold the best value and who we might try and move.....C we have a ton of guys could end up being loaded could Kelce be moved???? DE I use Curry since I believe he has the best value but this is only  a scenario if couple guys step up during camp, WR if Hollins/Gibson show enough maybe an UDFA newly turned WR Marshall could we trade Jmatt???? Even look at QB Mcgloin/Foles could an injury have a team calling us again would not expect another 1st rounder but I would take a 6th for Mcgloin or Foles 

9 minutes ago, rlubrich87 said:

Dude I already apologized b4 you had to jump in so scroll back and take a look. Im not going anywhere.

Then please act like a respectful adult towards everyone else on the page.

4 minutes ago, stine said:

Good Evening all! I come on here to see what everyone thinks about the draft and see Arguing amongst us eagle fans? Please let us not go down that road again. I left for a couple years last time and would rather like to hang around for while. I will go away and come back tomorrow. I liked the draft, but thought Douglas got beat out twice and did not want it to happen a third time so moved up to get Dumphrey... Anyway, it was OK. I am happy but we will see in a couple years how good it really was.... Talk to you all later.

I am not even counting guys that might come from out of nowhere, but I am so incredibly excited about what will be the 2017 Eagles 53 man roster... I am listing all f the guys that I personally am jazzed about at each position, for both starting quality and quality backup... Here we go!!... This post does not whittle the class down to 53, which is exactly why I am so excited! The roster numbers are loosely based upon last years numbers.

2-QB out of Wentz, Foles and McGloin

4-RB out of Smallwood, Sproles, Pumphrey, RMatt, Watson, and Marshall

5or6-WR out of Jeffrey, Smith, JMatt, Hollins, Gibson, Ag, and DGB

3TE set in stone with Ertz, Celek, and Burton

10or11OL out of Peters, Johnson, Kelce, Brooks, Warmack, Wiz, Barbre, Seumalo, Tobin, Big V

5or6DE- out of Graham,Long, Barnett, Curry, MS2, Means

5or6DT- out of Cox, Jernigan, Hart, Vaeao, Shittu, Allen, Qualls

4or5LB- out of Hicks, Bradham, Gerry, Goode, Walker, KGH, and Kendricks

6CB- out of Mills, Robinson, CJ Smith, Douglas, Jones, Grymes, Brooks

3S set in stone... McCloed, Jenkins, Watkins

3ST set in stone... DJ, Dorembos, and Sturgis

From these players listed, I do not feel the same way I have every other year being an Eagles fan, in that, I hope that this position or that position can stay healthy... This team will be built to win in spite of injury!

3 minutes ago, downwithdallas said:

Then please act like a respectful adult towards everyone else on the page.

stop saying anything about it and we will be fine.

the new S kid we drafted Gerry(that we are converting to LB) apparently was also a long snapper.....Don't think he takes Dorenbos job but will be nice to have that depth after last season 

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

the new S kid we drafted Gerry(that we are converting to LB) apparently was also a long snapper.....Don't think he takes Dorenbos job but will be nice to have that depth after last season 

The versatility that they are putting together is amazing

Am I the only one who is kinda happy we didn't get Cook I wasn't as high on him as many.....Not sure what happens with our RBs this season but if we need one still next year Royce Freeman seems like he could be tailor made for our O 

3 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Not expecting us to trade him but was looking at all our positions we have a ton of bodies and looking at guys who might hold the best value and who we might try and move.....C we have a ton of guys could end up being loaded could Kelce be moved???? DE I use Curry since I believe he has the best value but this is only  a scenario if couple guys step up during camp, WR if Hollins/Gibson show enough maybe an UDFA newly turned WR Marshall could we trade Jmatt???? Even look at QB Mcgloin/Foles could an injury have a team calling us again would not expect another 1st rounder but I would take a 6th for Mcgloin or Foles 

We can move Jmatt now if we want Agholor could take his place. I think he is a good fit for the slot. They both have drop issues so you aren't really losing anything there. I would expect more then a 6th for Foles. I'm not looking to move anyone though till we see what we actually have in everyone else. 

Just now, downwithdallas said:

I'm not looking to move anyone though till we see what we actually have in everyone else.

All my speculation right now is after we see what we have not right now....But again the positions with a ton of bodies are the ones I am most interested in since there is no way we can keep everyone 

9 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

4-RB out of Smallwood, Sproles, Pumphrey, RMatt, Watson, and Marshall

Marshall made the transition to WR lol happened couple days before the draft  

1 minute ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Marshall made the transition to WR lol happened couple days before the draft  

Forgot Corey Clement too

If the Phillies can hang around .500 till the break, they might have a chance to bring it together in the second half of the season.

Man I am still so excited for this off-season not expecting much to happen for awhile think the 90 man roster when set won't change to much until after camp.....But after camp and around the 1st or 2nd preseason game would not be shocked at all to see us make a few moves.....Might not be all that of a bold prediction with Howie but think we make at least 2 trades before the start of the regular season 

For all of the people who have insisted that howie just got lucky and fell into the 1st rnd pick for Bradford... but dont be suprised if he falls into a 2018 2nd round pick to replace what we lost to get Carson, through trade with a team that loses depth at OLINE during camp

What is our roster at right now don't we still have a few slots to fill????? 

Just now, mateagle2 said:

For all of the people who have insisted that howie just got lucky and fell into the 1st rnd pick for Bradford... but dont be suprised if he falls into a 2018 2nd round pick to replace what we lost to get Carson, through trade with a team that loses depth at OLINE during camp

Nothing shocks me when it comes to Howie and trades.....

If you can't just not read certain peoples' posts, then just hover over their name, hit ignore and let us get back to football.

Looking at our RBs come the start of the season I honestly would not be shocked if Smalls is our #1 RB.....He isn't much smaller then Clement both the same height right now Clement is listed as 10 pounds heavier but Smalls likely added some weight to his frame....And in terms of overall game think Smalls is the better player.....

Is it too far ahead of the train to say that, WR, OL, DE,DT, LB, and CB should all be improved upon from last year?

4 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

Is it too far ahead of the train to say that, WR, OL, DE,DT, LB, and CB should all be improved upon from last year?

I mean WR and CB don't think we could get any worse really lol so can only go up 

50 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Am I the only one who is kinda happy we didn't get Cook I wasn't as high on him as many.....Not sure what happens with our RBs this season but if we need one still next year Royce Freeman seems like he could be tailor made for our O 

If you're looking at RB's for next yr, Saquon Barkley from PSU gets an early nod from me. He's a Jr and don't know if he'll be coming out next yr or not

Just now, mjkline1958 said:

If you're looking at RB's for next yr, Saquon Barkley from PSU gets an early nod from me. He's a Jr and don't know if he'll be coming out next yr or not

I like Barkely as well but not really looking at them right now just know Royce since he was an early favorite this year before he opted to stay in college 

Saquon grew up in Coplay, PA and went to Whitehall. I prefer for guys to stay in school unless their situation demands otherwise.

Thank you to those that remind people to stay on topic and use ignore. If you circumvent the filter, you will be issued warnings (check your warning level), even if you decide later to delete your posts. The board has a filter for a reason. Stay on topic and stay respectful.

So apparently only 3 UDFA have been confirmed to signed with the Eagles.... Clement, Johnston, Gorforth......WVU C has not been officially confirmed as signing with us though has been said......Greg Ward who was said to be signing with Philly is apparently going to the Falcons.....Eagles have 84 guys on roster so 6 spots remain 

http://www.theintell.com/sports/eagles/eagles-add-two-undrafted-players/article_05201986-4212-5432-b4af-6860752cb094.html