Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles' Roster Build Still Not Complete

2 hours ago, senhorcook said:

Everyone has now had time to stew over the draft. What is the consensus here? Good? Bad? Average? Personally I'm fine with who they picked. Now let's get to work and make them stars!

Right now the draft is looking pretty good on paper.....Thought they followed BPA for the most part and we filled some of our glaring needs as well in the process.....

Actually met the nurse and physio, both cute, nice and married. Go in 9:45 am tomorrow which is a really good time for an op. Ribeye for "my last meal" tonight, have to fast afterwards and that'll stick w/ me. The food there's actually not bad like hospital food used to be. With the lack of Eagles news coming out it's good timing.

So RMat ok'd to practice. With the post regarding the cap there's no way he's not gone. Liked the post tho, explained how we could be so over as we only had 1.6 going into the draft.

Haha like how you found out she was married?

Looking at the CB position and who we have I think a real sleeper right now is CJ Smith I honestly think he could put himself in the running for a starting job this off-season 

A LOT of competition at CB. Funny, we let Carroll go, cowpies have him penciled in as a starter. Plus Jones on the PUP will essentially give us an extra roster spot. Kempski made a good argument for not playing him all yr to get him fully recuperated, learning our system and getting the full yr contract on him later.

10 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Kempski made a good argument for not playing him all yr to get him fully recuperated, learning our system and getting the full yr contract on him later.

I think the Eagles take the wait and see approach if he is ready come Oct.-Dec. by all means try and get him on the field that is valuable exp. If we have any doubts then shut him down for the entire year.....

I ton of it might even come down to how our CBs are playing....If we have 3 guys playing really well then might not need Jones if he is healthy could keep him in a limited dime role 

So if Matt Jones is released by the Redskins think he would be worth kicking the tires on...... Have to question why the Skins are ready to give up on him already and his ball security but he is a bigger RB and only 24 at the same time 

Part of Kempski's argument had to do with keeping Jones under the 4 accrued yrs, which I believe is if a player is active 6 games in a yr.

Seattle with a post draft power ranking of #4 by CBS is not gonna challenge for a Super Bowl this year with a ROOKIE 2nd rnd center and a ROOKIE 6th Round tackle.... I expect a trade from a team like that... interestingly enough, we sit OLINE heavy and they sit RB heavy... 10 on roster

Just when the sensors allowed us to spell his name. Don't feel either really got a shot. Hope they get healthy and get another chance

The the roster is at 90 unless the NFL increased it 

Think i read we are at 82 with 11 UDFA. So if you add the 11 thats 93. Unless it 11 included then that would be 8 free spaces. But if they were included then the signings would be official.

27 minutes ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

http://phillysportsnetwork.com/2017/05/02/injury-3/

Do these reporters not read the tweets they post or is the tweet wrong lol....Tweet says Dom Williams yet he is writing about David Watford being cut 

Shittu is a suprise... they liked him I thought

Qualls good chance to stick now. Especially with Allen injury.

27 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

we would likely keep 5 on the 53... so that would make Cox, Jernigan, Qualls and Vaeao... with Allen injured and the only other player on the roster is Justin Hamilton... i would think that Hart has to still be in that mix... like I said before, the more I see them do, and the way they like versatility... I think they are gonna have him back up both sides of the ball... DT and OG

sounds crazy, but unless they pick up someone else at DT where is the competition?

52 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

we would likely keep 5 on the 53... so that would make Cox, Jernigan, Qualls and Vaeao... with Allen injured and the only other player on the roster is Justin Hamilton... i would think that Hart has to still be in that mix... like I said before, the more I see them do, and the way they like versatility... I think they are gonna have him back up both sides of the ball... DT and OG

sounds crazy, but unless they pick up someone else at DT where is the competition?

Id be happy with that 5. Curry can slide in if needed on passing downs. Interested to see how Hart does back on the O side of the ball.

Not sure about trying to develop Gerry as a LB. He's a pretty good S, great size and decent speed/athletecism. He'd have to add another 20 lbs for LB plus learning a new position. I think he could possibly be an upgrade in our safety depth.