Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles' Roster Build Still Not Complete

1 hour ago, mateagle2 said:
  1 hour ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

http://phillysportsnetwork.com/2017/05/02/injury-3/

Do these reporters not read the tweets they post or is the tweet wrong lol....Tweet says Dom Williams yet he is writing about David Watford being cut 

Shittu is a suprise... they liked him I thought

Qualls good chance to stick now. Especially with Allen injury.

Qualls was a great pick in the 6th round. I think he makes the team for sure and is put in the rotation immediately with Allen out. Cox and Jernigan obviously the starters.

Cuts around this time of year for Cap reasons are suspect... even after we cut some of these guys if no one else grabs them, we could see them again.

I would like Peters to be part of a Super Bowl run, hoping for his good health this year... the money we are paying Peters seems reasonable for a player of his stature... he has earned it...even in this Not.For.Long league. Peters intangibles... leadership, experience, reputation are invaluable to a young team. Peters even at his age is still a Top Ten Tackle in the game.

Qualls reminds me of another ex Eagle fire plug... Hollis Thomas.

We don't "know" anything for sure. What we do know is RT suffered last yr w/o Lane. V got better but he proved he's not quite ready for prime time. G's ought to be better and once the winners are chosen - more consistent. Could we save cap by cutting JP? Sure, but to what end? You're not going to replace him for that money. Before making a move have to think - will the team be better? In this case no.

We know something else mjk. We know that as a rookie Lane Johnson didn't start to play well until after his sixth game of his rookie season. And he was picked 4th in the draft. We also know that if Peters has health problems again someone else is going to be playing right tackle this year and we will still be paying Peters 11 million dollars.

I know this is just a numbers game a lot of times and I understand why Shittu was cut. To save 461,250 in cap space. But I have to wonder about cutting Dom Williams. He wasn't making much at all. The guy is 6ft 2'' tall and weighs 200 pounds plus he ran a 4.38 40 yard dash and was second all time in receiving yards at Washington State. Tough break that he was injured. Maybe another team will eventually get a good player.

Thanks for the well wished Trini

Wrang - who was the only O lineman to start all 16 games last yr?

Cuts around this time of year for Cap reasons are suspect... even after we cut some of these guys if no one else grabs them, we could see them again.

I would like Peters to be part of a Super Bowl run, hoping for his good health this year... the money we are paying Peters seems reasonable for a player of his stature... he has earned it...even in this Not.For.Long league. Peters intangibles... leadership, experience, reputation are invaluable to a young team. Peters even at his age is still a Top Ten Tackle in the game.

I can remember Jon Runyan saying that his age 35 season was the season he realized it was time to hang it up. Said the difference between his age 34 season and his age 35 season was like night and day in stamina.

Philadelphia Eagles
Corey Clement, RB, Wisconsin
Greg Ward, WR, Houston
Tre Sullivan, DB, Shepherd
Cameron Johnston, P, Ohio State
Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia
Billy Brown, TE, Shepherd
Marcus Oliver, LB, Indiana
Jomal Wiltz, CB, Iowa State
Winston Craig, DL, Richmond

Philadelphia Eagles
Corey Clement, RB, Wisconsin
Greg Ward, WR, Houston
Tre Sullivan, DB, Shepherd
Cameron Johnston, P, Ohio State
Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia
Billy Brown, TE, Shepherd
Marcus Oliver, LB, Indiana
Jomal Wiltz, CB, Iowa State
Winston Craig, DL, Richmond

9 that I can see-may have more "comitted" but if this stands only 1 more to cut

After your surgery.I expect to see you on TV in the National pogo stick championships

last year!

My BFF in HS had the same thing happen.Hit his head on the SOFT sand bottom,almost drowned because he could not turn himself over

On 5/1/2017 at 4:13 PM, downwithdallas said:

I broke my neck almost 11 years ago diving in a pool. It made life more challenging but I have come along way from where I was to now. I might live with pain everyday but I have a new respect for life and others. It has taught me so much more then it took away.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2707035-2018-nfl-draft-big-board-matt-millers-way-too-early-initial-rankings?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=nfl LET THE MOCKS BEGIN!!!!(OMG)

I know this is just a numbers game a lot of times and I understand why Shittu was cut. To save 461,250 in cap space. But I have to wonder about cutting Dom Williams. He wasn't making much at all. The guy is 6ft 2'' tall and weighs 200 pounds plus he ran a 4.38 40 yard dash and was second all time in receiving yards at Washington State. Tough break that he was injured. Maybe another team will eventually get a good player.

Suspect now we see Turner get cut now too.At the time I wanted him around because he can CATCH,since we fixed that(supposedly) then he will have to fight very hard for a roster spot

1 hour ago, trini said:

I can remember Jon Runyan saying that his age 35 season was the season he realized it was time to hang it up. Said the difference between his age 34 season and his age 35 season was like night and day in stamina.

"cept major strides have been made since then,guys are holding up better longer

We working on getting draft picks next yr? Can't see keeping McGloin, Foles and this guy past camp

Orlosky and Clements were considered by some to be the top ranked UDFA from this years Draft at their positions. I staunchly supported Fournette as my #1 guy... but even though the big name Draftees guys landed elsewhere...I am looking forward to the guys we chose fitting in and doing their thing... That downhill, punishing back I desire may already be in house. Watson was pretty impressive in that short sample we had of him last season... Blount is a power back that I like, except he is an ex Patsy, seems to me ex-Patriots sign elsewhere, while waiting to return to NewEngland. I am a little defensive about those guys still got a bad taste in my mouth from that Safety we signed from them that played like Crap for us...and went back to New England and went to back to back Pro bowls. Scheme fit with us may be a reasonable argument...however his effort signing with us was pathetic. Let the G'aints take him.

Anything official on that Jerod Evans signing... that would be nice... big arm, Mobil, big kid makes sense to grab a young arm. QB's rule.

Bunch of sites have that we signed him. You know the official Philadelphia Eagles doesn't inform us lifelong fans of anything.

Bunch of sites have that we signed him. You know the official Philadelphia Eagles doesn't inform us lifelong fans of anything.

Ain't THAT the truth