Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles' Roster Build Still Not Complete

We working on getting draft picks next yr? Can't see keeping McGloin, Foles and this guy past camp

McGloin could be a nice BU for someone and the new guy on the PS

We working on getting draft picks next yr? Can't see keeping McGloin, Foles and this guy past camp

Howie will stash them all and wait to see whom gets hurt and what offers come in.Another example of "Howie leverage" love it

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Evans could end up being a PS guy.....Still don't see us carrying 3 Qbs onto 53 man  roster so still think we end up dropping or trading one 

We're also WR rich or this Greg Ward QB/WR would be interesting position wise, having 3rd string QB as a WR and not stashed on the PS. Probably not going to happen. It's hard to stash guys on the PS these days - we need to expand the roster!

Steve Weisch & Casserly talking about RB's, teams opting to having RB by committee, an established guy, cheap new guys and paying less for a vet. Shady getting paid may be one of the rarities in the future.

2 hours ago, trini said:

Watson was pretty impressive in that short sample we had of him last season...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000767174/Terrell-Watson-rushes-up-the-middle-for-a-1-yard-touchdown

We'll be fine!!!! Smalls,Watson,Sproles,Pumphrey,Clement.I hope we can keep all 5 on the roster and not put one on the PS where we lose him

On 5/1/2017 at 7:31 PM, EaglesB#1again said:

Bonnet is still listed as 'FB' on the roster. he's listed at 245lbs. doubt he makes the new 53/55 cut unless he performs noticeably well in camp and preseason...didn't see much of him on tape yet.

I would LOVE to have Bonnet/a FB on the roster,but TBH,the only way he will make the 53 is if he is prolific in all phases-Block,Run,Pass,& ST's. other than that,as much as Pederson wants a FB,he's not gonna waste a roster spot on a FB.

On 5/1/2017 at 7:57 PM, ASG15 said:

No sheet. Small world. Not sure if I can put an e-mail address on this site.

Don't put it on the board unless you want everyone to see it! Go to his 'Profile' and send it to his 'Inbox'. just click on his username or pic and it'll take you right to his profile.

On 5/1/2017 at 8:00 PM, mateagle2 said:

friend me Im, Matthew Heltz... the picture is an old guy with a goat

i hope you're not a GF'er! ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺

On 5/1/2017 at 9:14 PM, mjkline1958 said:
Eagles' Ryan Mathews: Receives clearance to work out
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire

Mathews (neck) has been cleared to work out, Martin Frank of the Delaware News Journal reports.

We'll see soon if he's on the team or not.

Has Howie Roseman really addressed the Eagles' biggest needs?: May 02, 2017 at 9:25 AM

The depth chart at running back looks mostly the same. Unless the team expects a big leap forward from second-year running back Wendell Smallwood next season, they are likely going to have the same issues next year that they had at running back last year. In fact, Roseman even hinted after the draft that last year's starter, Ryan Mathews, might indeed be back.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2017/05/howie_roseman.html

On 5/1/2017 at 9:22 PM, cunninghamtheman said:

We didn't really add to the LB room. So it's up to Walker to challenge for playing time. Kendricks was slow to adjust to the new defense as expected. He should be in position much more this season. 

As long as Walker heals from injury well enough I'm confident he'll make the team. B4 he was hurt he was in line to be back up for Hicks at MLB.

In the last thread I mentioned how if Nate Gerry would win WILL LB that he may not have to come off of the field in Nickel. I found a link with Strengths & Weaknesses. Here's some his strengths: Chiseled from granite. Controlled, downhill shuffle from the box to mirror running back. Plays with advanced instincts against both run and pass. Anticipates patterns and can play ahead of receiver's breaks. Will not hesitate to fire into the passing lane. Has soft hands with plus ball skills leading to thirteen career interceptions. Races into his run support work. Can adjust his run fits according to flow of the play.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/nate-gerry?id=2558175

On 5/1/2017 at 10:32 PM, GENETIC-FREAK said:

My early projection - I'm normally 1 or 2 off final 53 but this year is gonna be a battle to stick. So just named players i think have a chance.

QB - 1. C. Wentz 2. N. Foles 3. M. McGloin
RB - 1. R. Matthews 2. W. Smallwood 3. D. Sproles 4. D. Pumphrey 5. C. Clement
WR - 1. A. Jeffery 2. T. Smith 3. J. Matthews 4. Dorial Green-Beckham 5. N. Agholor 6. M. Hollins 7. S. Gibson
TE - 1. Z. Ertz 2. B. Celek 3. T. Burton 4. A. Bonnet
LT - 1. J. Peters 2. D. Gordon
LG - 1. C. Warmack 2. I. Seumalo
C - 1. J. Kelce 2. S. Wisniewski 3. T. Orlosky
RG - 1. B. Brooks 2. A. Barbre
RT - 1. L. Johnson 2. H. Vaitai 3. T. Hart

LDE - 1. B. Graham 2. V. Curry 3. A. McCalister
DT - 1. F. Cox 2. T. Jernigan 3. B. Allen 4. D. Vaeao 5. E. Qualls
RDE - 1. D. Barnett 2. C. Long 3. M. Smith
LOLB - 1. N. Bradham 2. N. Goode
MLB - 1. J. Hicks 2. J. Walker
ROLB - 1. M. Kendricks 2. N. Gerry 3. K. Grugier-Hill
CB - 1. S. Jones 2. J. Mills 3. R. Douglas 4. P. Robinson 5. R. Brooks 6. D. Gratz
FS - 1. M. Jenkins 2. J. Watkins 3. T. Brooks
SS - 1. R. McLeod 2. C. Maragos

LS - 1. J. Dorenbos
P - 1. D. Jones
K - 1. C. Sturgis

Bold i think could be cut or traded..

Italic injured most probably IR/PUP

DAYYYYYYYM! You really put time & thought into that FREAK! I doubt if that's 100%,but I think you have a very accurate pic of what the actual finished Roster will be.

I think that McGloin will be going away after preseason. TBH,I think Howie got him in here mainly for a quality camp & preseason QB and maybe to be used as a chess piece to try & reacquire the 2018 2nd Rd.pick. There's always a decent chance that some team will need either a #1 or #2 QB after preseason depending on how well their other QB(s) played in preseason.

https://www.prosportstransactions.com/football/DraftTrades/Future/Eagles.htm

On 5/1/2017 at 10:43 PM, mateagle2 said:

Nice list... I would add a couple CB's that have a real shot if they can show that a 2nd year in the system matters

Like C.J.Smith or Grymes.  ???

On 5/1/2017 at 10:44 PM, mateagle2 said:

Hey I am all about enjoying the trip... stopping to stretch the legs would be nice

I cant eat an entire pizza alone... I wouldnt have room for beer

They do sell pizza BY THE SLICE you backwoods Podunk! :lol: And I know plenty about the woods in your area after my 16 mile road march at Ft.Leonard Wood and after spending a week in it back in '86. I morning if I wouldn't have checked my boot I'd have gotten nailed by a Brown Recluse,UGH.

20 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

What is the general consensus from you fans on Jaylen Watkins? The Eagles seem to like him but I just don't see him as a long term answer on this club.

I won't miss him!!!!   I'm glad that we didn't get his brother Sammy who I really wanted. He isn't NEAR the WR that I thought he'd be.

19 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

it is amazing when it is fresh... it is warm from the process is an intermediate stage between milk and actual blocks of cheese.... when you chew it, the cheese will squeak against your teeth... but the flavor of the cheese curds when fresh just pops... it is amazing

BUICK,BARF!!!! :drool:

19 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

I think that the family environment helped to foster the passion and intensity within limits

And no alcohol.

16 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Actually met the nurse and physio, both cute, nice and married. Go in 9:45 am tomorrow which is a really good time for an op. Ribeye for "my last meal" tonight, have to fast afterwards and that'll stick w/ me. The food there's actually not bad like hospital food used to be. With the lack of Eagles news coming out it's good timing.

So RMat ok'd to practice. With the post regarding the cap there's no way he's not gone. Liked the post tho, explained how we could be so over as we only had 1.6 going into the draft.

Haha like how you found out she was married?

wedding ring may give him a clue....

19 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

Can you say Alejandro Villanueva?

He's still on the Pitt Roster. They list the 'TRANSACTIONS' on the same page as the Roster,just to the right and their UDFA's are already listed as of 4/29/17. What up with our crew? :thumbsdown:

Transactions

Date Transaction
05/02/2017 Released RB Brandon Brown-Dukes, RB Gus Johnson, WR Canaan Severin and CB Al-Hajj Shabazz.
05/01/2017 Released QB Zach Mettenberger.
04/29/2017

Agreed to terms with DT Nelson Adamsicon-article-link.gif, DT Christian Brownicon-article-link.gif, OG Ethan Coopericon-article-link.gif, DE Francis Kallonicon-article-link.gif, LB Keith Kelseyicon-article-link.gif, TE Scott Orndofficon-article-link.gif, QB Nick Schuesslericon-article-link.gif, RB Rushel Shellicon-article-link.gif and DB Terrish Webbicon-article-link.gif.

So yeah, need to cut 2 more to have room for the 10 udfa's

Maybe not if they have 2 on the PUP list