Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles' Roster Build Still Not Complete

19 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

That explains the skills with his feet... Im not sure that Hart has that kind of foot speed

Dillon Gordon was a TE at LSU too.

20 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

I don't know man. When I see RB Terrell Watson at 6ft 1in and weighing 240 pounds I have to believe that if he can't pick up a 3rd or 4th and one then the offensive line isn't doing their job.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000767174/Terrell-Watson-rushes-up-the-middle-for-a-1-yard-touchdown

20 hours ago, 1wrangler said:

So what team is going to be the first team to inquire about trading Nick Foles? LOL

I sure hope they don't let him go! I know that we need cap,but we finally have a quality #2 QB that doesn't cost a fortune like Daniels did and he's better than Daniels in my eyes.

20 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

BTW wonder what ever became of BDawk?

What'dya mean,isn't he working for the Eagles anymore?

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:
20 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

That explains the skills with his feet... Im not sure that Hart has that kind of foot speed

Dillon Gordon was a TE at LSU too.

So, because Hart did not play TE, we have to assume he has no foot speed? Really?

18 hours ago, senhorcook said:

Everyone has now had time to stew over the draft. What is the consensus here? Good? Bad? Average? Personally I'm fine with who they picked. Now let's get to work and make them stars!

I was watching 'Path To The Draft' last night when Daniel Jeremiah & Bucky Brooks did a grade on the NFCE Draft last night,Eagles won. I just hope that transfers to the season! Eagles-A,Skins-B+,Gnats-B,Cow#itches-B. ☺

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-path-to-the-draft/0ap3000000806051/NFC-East-draft-grades

17 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

I didnt realize that Terrel Watson was so big... we keep talking about needing that RB that can bull for a yard when you need it, and RMatt is that guy, but unlikely to be counted on... Maybe the plan is simply to trust your eyes and get with best results in camp between Watson and The kid from Wisconsin

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000767174/Terrell-Watson-rushes-up-the-middle-for-a-1-yard-touchdown

Matthews has to go despite what you hear. He is taking up cap space and spends more time injured than he does playing. He is great when healthy, but that rarely happens.

17 hours ago, BleedingGreen93 said:

Looking at the CB position and who we have I think a real sleeper right now is CJ Smith I honestly think he could put himself in the running for a starting job this off-season 

As good as he played in preseason I felt that he should've had McKelvin's job.

Matthews has to go despite what you hear. He is taking up cap space and spends more time injured than he does playing. He is great when healthy, but that rarely happens.

You would think that Howie, bean counter that he is, has the cap situation handled.
I also think cutting RMat is part of the plan.

4 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Sidney Jones will prob. go on PUP then IR possibly. How long can player be listed on PUP?

They need to make a decision week 6 I believe. Either he is activated or put out to the pasture for the remainder of the season. I could be wrong tho...

13 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Sidney Jones will prob. go on PUP then IR possibly. How long can player be listed on PUP?

They need to make a decision week 6 I believe. Either he is activated or put out to the pasture for the remainder of the season. I could be wrong tho...

I read he was going on the non football injury list, which makes no sense since the injury happened at his pro day.
Anyway I don't know if the rules are different for the PUP and IR list

PUP List- A player who, as a result of football-related injuries, is unable to take part in training camp practices may be assigned to the preseason PUP list. Players can be moved off the PUP list to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player cannot be placed on the PUP list, however, once he has taken the field for a practice, even if only for a few minutes.

A similar list, known as the "non-football injury" (NFI) list, is functionally equivalent to PUP, but is used for players who are unable to practice as a result of conditions unrelated to football. For example, New England Patriots tackle Marcus Cannon began his rookie season on the NFI list as he recovered from chemotherapy for non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Also, David Quessenberry of the Houston Texans was put on the NFI list in mid-June, 2014 after being diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma at the age of 23.

15 hours ago, downwithdallas said:

What's the updated UDFA class look like?

Here's what I found:April 29,2017

Here is a running list of undrafted free agents that signed with the Eagles:

Billy Brown, TE,WR, Shepherd
Corey Clement, RB, Wisconsin
Winston Craig, DL, Richmond
Jerod Evans, QB Virginia Tech
Cameron Johnston, P, Ohio State
Marcus Oliver, ILB, Indiana
Tyler Orlosky, C, West Virginia
Tre’Vaughn Sullivan, DB, Shepherd
Greg Ward, WR, Houston (was QB)
Jomal Wiltz, CB, Iowa State

http://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2017/04/29/eagles-undrafted-free-agent-tracker/

NFI also includes injuries as a result of College injuries.... as Jones is considered

Yup, agree with you ASG15 and the many others who consider Matthews gone when he's healthy. As for RB's, believe Minnesota stole Cook from Eagles but happy this happened.  Did not like Cooks off-field problems and past injuries.  My jury is still out on that pic by Minn.  Hope Clement is a good one as stine says, hope your right.  Gil Brandt had him listed as the No.1 RB available in his list of UDFAs if that means anything.  BTW, talking about bull-type RBs what about Andrew Bonnet?  At 6-3, 250 he's listed as a FB and was on our roster last year. Believe he was a teammate of Carson Wentz.  All in all a great draft but the proof is in the puddin, lets see what plays out come September and the 2017 season.

34 minutes ago, stine said:

Thanks Stine! ☺  I think I remember seeing something about 6 wks. max for PUP,but I wasn't sure.

Welp, this time tomorrow I will be on my way to NC to get my wedding license... Feel sorry for the poor woman. To want to put up with this old sack of bones, must be desperate! I hope MJK has a successful operation. Seem like a good guy from his posts.

Mike Mayock doesn’t hide his contempt for draft’s circus atmosphere

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 29, 2017, 2:20 PM EDT

AP
There was a time when it went without saying that the NFL draft was only for the hardest of hard-core football fans: Who on earth would spend a spring day watching football players’ names being called except people who live and breathe football?

But that time has passed, and not everyone who lives and breathes football is happy about it.

Now the NFL has turned the draft into a massive event, one that draws tens of thousands of fans in person and several million viewers on television. Just as the Super Bowl now includes musical acts that hard-core football fans don’t care about, the NFL draft now includes picks being announced from locales around the world and even in outer space, all in an effort to make the draft a bigger event that appeals to more than just the hard-core fans who have always watched.

NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock, about as hard-core a football fan as there is, got fed up with it today. As the Colts’ picks were announced with help from an orangutan at the Indianapolis Zoo, Mayock ripped his employer’s attempt to inject some levity into the proceedings.

"If we’re going back to the zoo, I’m walking off the desk,” Mayock said. "I’ve about had the zoo, OK? Enough. Enough. I mean, is this good TV?”

NFL Network’s Rich Eisen introduced the zoo segment with some sarcasm, saying, "If we don’t go to the zoo, the world will stop spinning.”

When the orangutan revealed the Colts’ selection of defensive tackle Grover Stewart, Mayock indicated he thought it was unfair to Stewart to turn one of the most significant moments of his life into a circus.

"I think we’ve got to be a little respectful,” Mayock said. "It’s a big day for Grover Stewart, and rather than talking about that chimp, let’s get back to some football here. It’s a big day for him.”

As NFL Network went to a commercial after that, Mayock could be heard saying, "At some point we’ve got to be able to talk about this.” It wasn’t clear if he was saying that to the audience or if he thought the commercial break had already begun and was saying it to his colleagues. Either way, he raises an important point: The NFL wants to grow the draft, but as it does so, it risks leaving its most passionate fans disillusioned.

NFI also includes injuries as a result of College injuries.... as Jones is considered

Aha

Welp, this time tomorrow I will be on my way to NC to get my wedding license... Feel sorry for the poor woman. To want to put up with this old sack of bones, must be desperate! I hope MJK has a successful operation. Seem like a good guy from his posts.

I'may move to NC myself.Taking care of mom right now,so can't move.My daughter moved there 2 weeks ago

On 5/2/2017 at 11:36 AM, 1wrangler said:

Can you say Alejandro Villanueva?

He's still on the Pitt Roster. They list the 'TRANSACTIONS' on the same page as the Roster,just to the right and their UDFA's are already listed as of 4/29/17. What up with our crew? :thumbsdown:

Transactions

Date Transaction
05/02/2017 Released RB Brandon Brown-Dukes, RB Gus Johnson, WR Canaan Severin and CB Al-Hajj Shabazz.
05/01/2017 Released QB Zach Mettenberger.
04/29/2017

Agreed to terms with DT Nelson Adamsicon-article-link.gif, DT Christian Brownicon-article-link.gif, OG Ethan Coopericon-article-link.gif, DE Francis Kallonicon-article-link.gif, LB Keith Kelseyicon-article-link.gif, TE Scott Orndofficon-article-link.gif, QB Nick Schuesslericon-article-link.gif, RB Rushel Shellicon-article-link.gif and DB Terrish Webbicon-article-link.gif.

I dunno this "improved" site,seems anything BUT that lol

2 hours ago, stine said:
  2 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

I read he was going on the non football injury list, which makes no sense since the injury happened at his pro day.
Anyway I don't know if the rules are different for the PUP and IR list

Pro day is NOT playing a game,it's a WORKOUT,thus it's a non football related injury