Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles' Roster Build Still Not Complete

6 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

At least the SB is NOT PPV(as of now-in the future who knows?)

Don't give 'em any stinking ideas,LOL   If Vince McMahon was commissioner I wouldn't doubt it!

Well you already have to buy Sunday Ticket if you want to see alot of games,so I dunno what happens.In fact I don't know nuttin anymore

MJK should be heading to Post-Op soon and coming out of the butcher shop induced coma. He's gonna be in SERIOUS pain. That was the ABSOLUTE worst surgery for me.

The 49ers chose linebacker Reuben Foster with the 31st overall pick in the draft and later said that they were so high on Foster they would have drafted him with the third overall pick if Solomon Thomas had been off the board. So why did so many other teams pass on Foster if the 49ers were so high on him?

A big reason is that Foster has a history of shoulder injuries. Foster had shoulder surgery three months ago, and one source told Adam Schefter of ESPN "The surgery didn’t take.” For some teams, that was apparently enough to take him off their draft boards.

But not every team: The 49ers’ medical staff thinks Foster’s shoulder will be just fine. And we know the 49ers weren’t the only team to give Foster’s shoulder a passing grade because the Saints were about to draft Foster with the 32nd overall pick before the 49ers took him 31st. New Orleans must have been comfortable with Foster’s shoulder.

So either some teams’ medical staffs were too lax with giving Foster’s shoulder a clean bill of health, or other teams’ medical staffs were overly cautious. We won’t know which side was right until we see whether Foster’s shoulder affects him as a 49er.

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:
1 hour ago, stine said:

Well, this started as a family reunion. Debbie and I figured seeing as our families are all going to be there anyway we should just do the deed there and save everyone money, including us! I just got shocked as co-workers took up a collection and handed me a card with $500.... totally taken aback by this. Anyway, I got to go... Tell MJK I was thinking about him when he gets back. I doubt I will be on here until the 14th or so....

Hope you have a great time and a safe trip stine! ☺

Just remember those words-"I DOES" ,LOL

24 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Thats FAMILY,not even close to being similar.Mayock should stick to his job,not try and do everyone elses.BTW call the Olympic committee and tell them they need to 86 the opening day cermonies.Just let the athletes walk to their rooms,no sense wasting everyones time lol

Family wasn't a good example,but it's the point. It's something that made you mad enough to stick their job between their back pockets!

MJK should be heading to Post-Op soon and coming out of the butcher shop induced coma. He's gonna be in SERIOUS pain. That was the ABSOLUTE worst surgery for me.

"Pain lets you know you;re still alive"

8 minutes ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Therefore I must be REALLY LIVING!!!(not)

3 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I was pushing the button on the Morphine pump so often & so hard it's a wonder I didn't break it. My fiance said-"I don't know why you keep pushing that (it only delivers every so many minutes),you're not getting anything." I said-"If you could feel what I feel you'd know why,I wanna make sure I'm squeezing every single drop that I can get as often as I can get it!"

7 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Ditto,places to go people to annoy(and I'm good at it lol)

You're a Pro's Pro! :lol:

13 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I was pushing the button on the Morphine pump so often & so hard it's a wonder I didn't break it. My fiance said-"I don't know why you keep pushing that (it only delivers every so many minutes),you're not getting anything." I said-"If you could feel what I feel you'd know why,I wanna make sure I'm squeezing every single drop that I can get as often as I can get it!"

You need to go to like Mayo clinic,Someone HAS to be able to help you

By: Sean Douglas | May 2, 2017 1:00 pm ET
Philadelphia Eagles fifth round pick Nathan Gerry was a defensive back at Nebraska. In 11 games last season, Gerry finished with 74 tackles and four interceptions.
He was named a first-team All-Big 10 member. From 2014–2016, Gerry was one of the best ball-hawking safeties in the NCAA, recording 13 interceptions over his career.
RELATED
Eagles take Nathan Gerry with pick No. 184
However, in the NFL, he will be making the switch from defensive back to linebacker. Luckily for Gerry, playing linebacker is not a foreign concept.
"I played linebacker my freshman year in college,” Gerry said via conference call on Saturday. "I started half a season at linebacker, and I had never played linebacker in my life [at the time].
"We just had a lack of depth, so the coaches asked me if I would be willing enough to switch positions and I was. I just think that it took me a week or two just to understand the scheme.”
After his one half-season at linebacker, Gerry played his final three seasons at safety for Nebraska. Now that he is making a permanent switch to linebacker, Gerry believes he has what it takes physically for a seamless transition.
"I think I can run really well,” Gerry said. "I think with the size I have, I am very capable of running laterally, and I am very quick linear. So I think that is going to be one of the benefits I have.”
Gerry admitted that the biggest challenge in moving from the secondary to the front seven is that the game moves quicker the closer you are to the line of scrimmage.
"I think the toughest transition is being able to see things a little faster,” Gerry said. "The closer you are to the football, things just happen to develop a little faster.”

RELATED
Even so, Gerry is up for the challenge and believes the experience he had as the leader of Nebraska’s defense, combined with his knowledge of defensive schemes, will help in his position switch.
"I was a leader of the ‘Blackshirts’ [traditional nickname for the Nebraska defense], so I think that’s going to benefit me a lot in moving up [to linebacker]. Being able to just know the defense’s scheme really well and being able to help out the people around me. I know the transition’s going to be pretty easy for me. I’m excited for it.”

7 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

RELATED

Even so, Gerry is up for the challenge and believes the experience he had as the leader of Nebraska’s defense, combined with his knowledge of defensive schemes, will help in his position switch.
"I was a leader of the ‘Blackshirts’ [traditional nickname for the Nebraska defense], so I think that’s going to benefit me a lot in moving up [to linebacker]. Being able to just know the defense’s scheme really well and being able to help out the people around me. I know the transition’s going to be pretty easy for me. I’m excited for it.”

Right now he's 20 lbs. lighter,but maybe he'll be comparable to Luke Kuechly.

16 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

RELATED

Right now he's 20 lbs. lighter,but maybe he'll be comparable to Luke Kuechly.

So currently Gerry weighs 218. Hicks is 236, Bradham is 241, Walker is 236. Luke Kuechly is 238. If he can put on 15 pounds he should be okay but you have to put the weight on the correct way. I don't think it will happen overnight.

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

TTYL Brother,break time. It's been FUN!

Bout time for your first 2018 mock isn't it?

So? Did we sign the 220 lb. Wisconsin RB as a Free Agent? He is supposedly just as talented as the high profile RB's, but he is a bit of an airhead. But they are all airheads, (with the exception of our 4th rounder) aren't they? And he hasn't hurt any puppies of coeds that I know of. Does anyone know?

21 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  21 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

TTYL Brother,break time. It's been FUN!

Bout time for your first 2018 mock isn't it?

No not gonna waste time with those much now

I know i'm 1 of the very few, but i think now that the pressure is off of Agholor where he doesn't have to be the #1 guy on a crappy wr group, he will have a break out year. Same goes even more so for J-Matt. And it couldn't come at a better time. J-matt is on a contract year and Agholor is 1 drop from being on another team. What i mean "couldn't come at a better time is the fact that Jeffery is only on a 1 year deal and Smith is on a 3- 1 year deal(s). Both Jeffery and Smith could be gone next year.......Hollins and Gibson could be our Future. We could draft a WR next year. But if J-matt and Agholor can work this season pressure free and do good things.....J-matt, Agholor, Hollins and Gibson + 1 more could be on this team for a long time. DGB i believe will not make it out of camp. Turner, if he has another PS like last year, could sit the PS 1 more year and then make the team in 2018 if we lose AJ and TS. In other words, we should be in great shape @ WR you the foreseeable future if i'm right

On 2017-5-10 at 9:25 PM, ackid38 said:

What i mean "couldn't come at a better time is the fact that Jeffery is only on a 1 year deal and Smith is on a 3- 1 year deal(s). Both Jeffery and Smith could be gone next year.......Hollins and Gibson could be our Future. We could draft a WR next year. But if J-matt and Agholor can work this season pressure free and do good things.....J-matt, Agholor, Hollins and Gibson + 1 more could be on this team for a long time.

It's a good theory and I actually agree. I think Matthews is going to have a really good year because the focus of both the fans and other teams is going to be on others. Teams now will have to plan for Smith, Jeffery and maybe even Gibson or Hollins. All the while having to keep an eye on what we do in the running game given the options we have there. 

But there's one flaw here. Matthews and / or Agholor could both look great this year. They could play the back up role really well and be good contributors to the team. But if Jeffrey then moves on they go back to being more of a focal point of this offense.