Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles' Roster Build Still Not Complete

If DGB doesn't start worrying more about perfecting his craft than the Philly night life, he could find himself out of a job-As an Eagle at least!-with SO much competition in the WR room. I hope he doesn't waste the traits that the good Lord gave him. If he applies himself 100% he has the tools to be great. We'll see.

The Eagles save a mil in cap space if they cut him. Just saying.

1) Guess the FO's not releasing signings/contract details

http://overthecap.com/player/derek-barnett/5598/

2) Where the heck are they getting the money? We had 1.6 and haven't made the cuts yet, or maybe they're not telling us about those either

My cursor keeps jumping all over the place

Last week when the news broke that Byron Marshall was switched to WR,his position on the Roster was also labeled as WR. I was just skimming the Roster to check out the other WR's not listed in this article and took notice that his position is now marked as RB again.  ?????????

29 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Sorry to hear that, didn't know. 1/3 of this past yr was spent w/ the back out and tired of it.

I broke my neck almost 11 years ago diving in a pool. It made life more challenging but I have come along way from where I was to now. I might live with pain everyday but I have a new respect for life and others. It has taught me so much more then it took away.

A man isn't created in crisis, he is revealed in crisis. You are top shelf DWD.

6 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

The Eagles save a mil in cap space if they cut him. Just saying.

They'll probably save that mil then,cause I don't see him cutting the mustard unless someone lights a fire under his derrière!

That's just who's signed on our roster, their final contracts aren't done yet. Just surprised ( and feel a little disrespected ) they didn't announce the actual signings.

MJK-That's what I was just taking notice to. I also noticed that Graham is getting the shaft compared to what Curry is making! :facepalm:

I truly like the New Talent Joe added... This new valuation process is very intriguing... These Draft picks may not garner the National Experts attention but each of our picks compare favorably with many draftees I would have willingly give up the farm for Fournette, John Ross, Cory Davis . Surprisingly these No Name picks of ours, in my mind compare favorably...Gibson is blazing fast, Holins size, speed production was fantastic... Hollins has the vertical and horizontal game...add the ST bonus.

Qualls could be Hollis Thomas #2....All these picks touted for their competitiveness, aggressiveness, physicality, overcoming adversity. Pumphery had over 1100 carries... We may not have drafted the Big / Power Back but how can u argue with Pumphery' s production and by the way... Pumphery out performed HOF Marshall Faulk in college. If Jones hadn't got injured, nooooo way we get two Top 1st rd prospects. All that's left, prove it all over again on the field of play.

12 minutes ago, trini said:

I truly like the New Talent Joe added... This new valuation process is very intriguing... These Draft picks may not garner the National Experts attention but each of our picks compare favorably with many draftees I would have willingly give up the farm for Fournette, John Ross, Cory Davis . Surprisingly these No Name picks of ours, in my mind compare favorably...Gibson is blazing fast, Hollins size, speed production was fantastic... Hollins has the vertical and horizontal game...add the ST bonus.

Qualls could be Hollis Thomas #2....All these picks touted for their competitiveness, aggressiveness, physicality, overcoming adversity. Pumphrey had over 1100 carries... We may not have drafted the Big / Power Back but how can u argue with Pumphrey' s production and by the way... Pumphrey out performed HOF Marshall Faulk in college. If Jones hadn't got injured, nooooo way we get two Top 1st rd prospects. All that's left, prove it all over again on the field of play.

Did you notice,the same type of players that Joe Douglas got while at Baltimore? And that he & Howie seem to get along very well on camera? And if they're just acting they should get an Oscar!

BG - What your thoughts on the PSU RB? Youre big Penn State fan.

Anyone got a 53 man roster projection? What move does Howie make to get the 2018 round pick?

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Sorry to hear that, didn't know. 1/3 of this past yr was spent w/ the back out and tired of it.

I broke my neck almost 11 years ago diving in a pool. It made life more challenging but I have come along way from where I was to now. I might live with pain everyday but I have a new respect for life and others. It has taught me so much more then it took away.

I have a new found respect for you. Not sure I could do that.

3 minutes ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

BG - What your thoughts on the PSU RB? Youre big Penn State fan.

Anyone got a 53 man roster projection? What move does Howie make to get the 2018 round pick?

FREAK-VERY good ?'s!!!    I'm not going there till at least after the 2nd preseason game. ☺

If DGB doesn't start worrying more about perfecting his craft than the Philly night life, he could find himself out of a job-As an Eagle at least!-with SO much competition in the WR room. I hope he doesn't waste the traits that the good Lord gave him. If he applies himself 100% he has the tools to be great. We'll see.

DGB is kind of local to me. This has been his problem since HS. He was so much bigger and stronger than everyone else that he didn't have to work hard to excel. Really sad as by all accounts he comes from a good family, just never had to put in the work.

10 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

DGB is kind of local to me. This has been his problem since HS. He was so much bigger and stronger than everyone else that he didn't have to work hard to excel. Really sad as by all accounts he comes from a good family, just never had to put in the work.

Did you watch him in play in HS,that local?

How far are you from FT. (lost in the woods) Leonard Wood? 

Sorry if this is off topic! Like I said in the thread B4 this-this board is a Brotherhood/Sisterhood and the better we know each other,the more civil and productive our posts can be. ☺

Smith gonna have to earn it, so's everyone else.

Enjoyed the FO collaboration, unless of course as in the past if it doesn't work out they'll blame Joe - watch that attorney Joe!

28 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

Did you watch him in play in HS,that local?

How far are you from FT. (lost in the woods) Leonard Wood? 

Sorry if this is off topic! Like I said in the thread B4 this-this board is a Brotherhood/Sisterhood and the better we know each other,the more civil and productive our posts can be. ☺

I live 26 miles from the FLW hospital. I used to work there and retired a month ago.
DGB was from Springfield Hillcrest HS. Never watched his games but saw many highlights on TV. It was quite the big deal when he decided to go to Mizzou. Not quite as advertised when he got kicked off the team.

Report: Eagles will go running-back-by-committee this season: Jeff Kerr - 8 hours ago

Doug Pederson revealed PHI will turn to a full blown RBBC this year -- Smallwood, Sproles, Pumphrey. Assumption is Mathews will be released.……

The Eagles seem set on making Smallwood the "No. 1 running back" heading into the season with Sproles and Pumphrey providing change-of-pace and pass-catching options out of the backfield. 

Undrafted free agent signing Corey Clement will also be in the mix. Clement is expected to be the team's short-yardage and goal-line back.………

http://phi.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Eagles-will-go-running-back-by-committee-this-season-52574949

13 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Enjoyed the FO collaboration, unless of course as in the past if it doesn't work out they'll blame Joe - watch that attorney Joe!

No way Brother! Not saying you're wrong,but it'd be wrong to blame Joe. It's Howie's prints on the trigger,not Joe's!

Last year going RB By Committee they averaged 4.36 yds./carry which was good enuff for 12th. So I figure with an improved OL & a MUCH IMPROVED WR core the RBBC should be alright. That is IF they can get get chunk plays in the Pass Game and scare the S's back. If it's dink & dunk again,you better close your eyes and plug your ears!!!

He's only 1.5 mill cap savings - every mill counts! More important is filling the roster spot with someone more productive. Sounds cold, it's business

4 hours ago, rlubrich87 said:

We expected flash during the draft because that has been what the FO has done for a few years. So sitting back and sticking to the board was a change. What I dont get though was how any of the picks had people high fiving in the streets.

The Barnett pick is growing on me after seeing the other selections