Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles' Roster Build Still Not Complete

26 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

I live 26 miles from the FLW hospital. I used to work there and retired a month ago.
DGB was from Springfield Hillcrest HS. Never watched his games but saw many highlights on TV. It was quite the big deal when he decided to go to Mizzou. Not quite as advertised when he got kicked off the team.

Whoa,no way! I took my basic training there in the summer of '86,one day after HS graduation. What a miserable rocky,sandy place! It turned me into a man though.

3 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

Yeah, I don't get it either. Thanks 3rd & 1. Except for RB this is the most complete this roster has been at this point of the yr in quite a while. Not just slots filled w/ bodies but players w/ a lot of potential.

I am feeling the same way and really struggling with fans that are negative without seeing the players hit the field for the first time together this season... one week into camp we will know so much more... but I REALLY do see depth from a far more comprehensive standpoint this year... I dont see the drop offs into oblivion anywhere

5 hours ago, DaveSpadaro said:

This isn’t over. Not by a long shot. The Eagles are not finished building the 2017 roster, even as the dust settles on the NFL Draft weekend and Phase Two of the offseason gets underway for the veteran players ...

When will you be allowed/have the time to print the current list of UDFA's?

3 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

In the last thread I mentioned how if Nate Gerry would win WILL LB that he may not have to come off of the field in Nickel. I found a link with Strengths & Weaknesses. Here's some his strengths: Chiseled from granite. Controlled, downhill shuffle from the box to mirror running back. Plays with advanced instincts against both run and pass. Anticipates patterns and can play ahead of receiver's breaks. Will not hesitate to fire into the passing lane. Has soft hands with plus ball skills leading to thirteen career interceptions. Races into his run support work. Can adjust his run fits according to flow of the play.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/nate-gerry?id=2558175

I think it could be a stroke of brilliance if it works... stop finding ourselves on the bad side of mismatches and teams will stop game planning against our WIL (Kendricks)

Maybe this is all part of the run between the tackles RB plan w/o carrying an actual FB on the 53. Just don't want to see us trying to do that w/ sub 200 pounders anymore, it's frustrating.

Corey Clement might give us that Power Runner, and add it to Smallwood, Sproles and Pumphrey, and we can do alot

This Draft may not have been players that we board members projected (with the exception of Barnett for me ☺) ,but I feel very optimistic about the play makers that the FO did pick. I can't wait till preseason to see what they have under the hood! I love seeing rookies make a splash,and that's just what I'm hoping to see. This is the best that I've seen the Roster look at this time of the off season for quite some time. Please Lord,let the Eagles return to dominating the NFCE, Conference, and bring us starving Eagle Fanatics a LONG COVETED SUPER BOWL! Amen

I like that we can stand on the outside looking in and it actually makes sense from a scheme perspective... Every move this offseason had purpose and it was clear as day and evident to the fans, the direction they are going

2 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

Corey Clement might give us that Power Runner, and add it to Smallwood, Sproles and Pumphrey, and we can do alot

As long as the OL can stay together and make some holes in the Run game Pump-Free should be able to break-free and keep us out of 3rd & long.

Sorry DWD,I wish it wasn't so. I'm not far behind you. I have Chronic Left Lumbo-Sacral Radiculopathy (nerve damage to the layman) ,and wouldn't wish it on anyone! I know that nothing else I say will help,so I'll just leave it at that. Oh wait,a Super Bowl might make you feel a little better,although I doubt it'll be this year,but maybe soon. We can only hope! TC

I can envision the blind seeing and the dead walking when the Eagles win... I expect them to win soon, cause there aint much earth pre-apocalypse left

2 hours ago, mjkline1958 said:

1) Guess the FO's not releasing signings/contract details

http://overthecap.com/player/derek-barnett/5598/

2) Where the heck are they getting the money? We had 1.6 and haven't made the cuts yet, or maybe they're not telling us about those either

My cursor keeps jumping all over the place

There are options, but most open up after june 1 

1 hour ago, EaglesTD123 said:

Did you notice,the same type of players that Joe Douglas got while at Baltimore? And that he & Howie seem to get along very well on camera? And if they're just acting they should get an Oscar!

I think it is no act... I think Howie is genuinely impressed by him, and simultaneously comfortable in his own skin and the roles that each person plays... I doubt that Joe can work the cap like Howie and in turn genuinely respects him as well... meaning that they each compliment the other and they both know it

58 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

I live 26 miles from the FLW hospital. I used to work there and retired a month ago.
DGB was from Springfield Hillcrest HS. Never watched his games but saw many highlights on TV. It was quite the big deal when he decided to go to Mizzou. Not quite as advertised when he got kicked off the team.

26 miles?... Dixon?

Maybe this is all part of the run between the tackles RB plan w/o carrying an actual FB on the 53. Just don't want to see us trying to do that w/ sub 200 pounders anymore, it's frustrating.

for what it worth, Bonnet is still listed as 'FB' on the roster. he's listed at 245lbs. doubt he makes the new 53/55 cut unless he performs noticeably well in camp and preseason...didn't see much of him on tape yet. i think the final roster will include 6 WRs and only 3 RBs (plus a FB/ST guy) with a RB on PS. don't want Charles to be FA add due to his knees and tread wear or to waste money on a FA RB period. the RB committee in place is good enough.
rather only add FA at LB and CB.

Call me crazy, but I think the plan might be to carry 10 OL and 10 DL with 1 extra... Hart who swings both ways, pun not intended

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

Whoa,no way! I took my basic training there in the summer of '86,one day after HS graduation. What a miserable rocky,sandy place! It turned me into a man though.

Basic tends to do that to ya.

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

26 miles?... Dixon?

The other way, Plato.

Just now, ASG15 said:

The other way, Plato.

Im in Dixon... Retired Feb 2015

1 minute ago, ASG15 said:

The other way, Plato.

We've probably seen each other at GLWACH

1 hour ago, ASG15 said:

I have a new found respect for you. Not sure I could do that.

You make the best of what you are dealt and live to see family grow and the Eagles win a Superbowl lol

5 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

The other way, Plato.

maybe we can meet up this season and watch a game at Buffalo Wild Wings on Missouri Ave

For Montana State and Oregon quarterback Dakota Prukop gets a minicamp invite from the Philadelphia Eagles #BigSkyFB

— Skyline Sports (@SkylineSportsMT) May 1, 2017

21 minutes ago, ASG15 said:

The other way, Plato.

Im in Dixon... Retired Feb 2015

The other way, Plato.

We've probably seen each other at GLWACH

No sheet. Small world. Not sure if I can put an e-mail address on this site.

Just now, ASG15 said:

facebook?

The other way, Plato.

maybe we can meet up this season and watch a game at Buffalo Wild Wings on Missouri Ave

Good idea. Or Hoppers in Waynesville.

1 minute ago, ASG15 said:

friend me Im, Matthew Heltz... the picture is an old guy with a goat