Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles' Roster Build Still Not Complete

2 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:

For doodoos and grins Im gonna try playing the first pick game and pick our picks just to see what it gives

Screwed from pick one... Barnett went 5

Interesting... Mack Hollins and Selton Gibson got A's and Corey clement was selected in the 5th and got a B

help me understand WHY... we are not operating n a basic set of rules which brings normalcy back to Philadelphiaeagles.com, in that the OTI posts by Spuds is the forum that is the MAIN forum... we can control this and boost participation if we work together... first... liking raises a persons ranking... and basically if we simply Like and encourage likes on this forum, we will generate more ineterest by members to be here... Second... noone expects you to like a post you simply cant stand 

get too many on here it will turn into TATE,then I won't participate

For doodoos and grins Im gonna try playing the first pick game and pick our picks just to see what it gives

?????? Where is that?

9 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

If the kid from Wisconsin can move a pile 1 Yard... we have everything we need

Speaking of which you will be kicking yourself if you miss that trip to Milwaukee. I hope you're a drinker because those Wisconsin people sure can put them back. They probably even have some World Class Brats at the stadium.

Not to mention cheese curds. I go there once a year to Green Bay as my wife to be is a huge Packers fan. Great place to visit. Of course she has to go to an Eagles game with me to even up the score. People and food are great in Wisconsin.

8 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

Nice list... I would add a couple CBs that have a rewal shot if they can show that a 2nd year in the system matters

I also had some thoughts that our best corner this year is flying under the radar. Freak mentioned Gratz. Aaron Grymes and CJ Smith looked like they deserved more playing time last season(compared to what McKelvin was doing anyway). The opportunity should be there during TC.

Douglas may be a future safety, so you may have to keep that in mind for your list...

If they are serious about looking and possibly bringing in a free agent running back then I hope they target lagarett blount

Word is Giants and Blount are talking. I doubt Eagles bring in any FA RB. Clement is gonna surprise people...

Stine I hope your right. I don't trust matthews

Matthews is going to be cut minute he passes medical.

I don't know if anyone has posted this but I just read an article that said the Plilly Police reported NO arrests at the NFL draft.
Gratz to Eagles fans and the city in general.

I don't know if anyone has posted this but I just read an article that said the Plilly Police reported NO arrests at the NFL draft.

*Philly

Watch these gifs for some fun. Esp like the one where Gerry intercepts the QB. After he gets tackled he hands the ball back to the QB, who get po'd and throws the ball back at him.

1 hour ago, darksnake1 said:

Stine I hope your right. I don't trust matthews

Matthews is going to be cut minute he passes medical.

I have to believe that Mathews is going to be very tentative running the ball with his latest injury. Even though it will be healed, he will have it in the back of his mind and be wondering every time he gets hit whether he could severely re injure the same area of his neck. In the past, the Eagles did Brian Westbrook a favor by releasing him after multiple concussions. Understandably, they didn't want to be responsible for his long term health if he received any more concussions. I feel the same way about Mathews. His long term health is more important than the game of football. We drafted these running backs currently on the roster so someone saw something in them worthy of a pick. Its about time to find out what we have.

10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:

http://phi.247sports.com/Bolt/Report-Eagles-tried-to-trade-up-for-Dalvin-Cook-52579653

Interesting,but noone on here wanted him.Apparently they were "OK" with his issues.Not sorry we missed really.I think it worked out for the better

I wanted him GB. For what its worth. I am happy though with Jones.

11 hours ago, GENETIC-FREAK said:

Yeah im pretty sure they go with 6 with Jones injury. Robinson was signed this year. Brooks returning. Gratz is a vet. Think the 5-6 spots will come down to Gratz, Grymes n Smith.

I think it will be between Grymes and CJ.... both show a ton of promise

Grymes was an all star in Canada. Of course you can't compare the Canadian league with the NFL but the field is wider in the Canadian league and Grymes did a great job defending in the wider field. Both Grymes and Smith are 5ft 11in and weigh about 187. Maybe they can compete with Ron Brooks for the slot CB. The thing I like about this year and all the CB's on the team is the fact that none of them are making big money so they really should all get a "fair" opportunity to compete this year.

What is the general consensus from you fans on Jaylen Watkins? The Eagles seem to like him but I just don't see him as a long term answer on this club.

Lets not forget about this guy. Maybe we have Jason Peters replacement already on the roster. Can you say Alejandro Villanueva?

Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle Taylor Hart will be making a big change for the 2017 season.

The former Oregon star is switching to offensive tackle, according to philadelphiaeagles.com. The report said Hart, who struggled to break out on defense during his first three seasons, played at tackle on the scout team during the latter portion of the 2016 season and impressed the coaching staff.

The coaches like Hart's arm length and his size at 6-foot-6, 305 pounds. Another reason for the switch is Hart was a first-team all-state selection as an offensive tackle at Tualatin High School.

Watkins was a restricted FA and was re-signed at only 690,000 on a 1 yr deal. The team may have been protecting itself, may think he could improve ( he's only 25 ) or now that the draft's over simply release him. At that price having a b/u CB/S tht can improve, seems worth at least another look in camp.

Just an AMAZING job they did.Everything was class all the way.Even the fans!!

Watkins was a restricted FA and was re-signed at only 690,000 on a 1 yr deal. The team may have been protecting itself, may think he could improve ( he's only 25 ) or now that the draft's over simply release him. At that price having a b/u CB/S tht can improve, seems worth at least another look in camp.

Well the Eagles are moving a safety they just drafted to linebacker. They already moved Taylor heart from defense to the offensive line. Why not let a couple of these CB's try the safety position and let them compete with Watkins for the backup safety position? We as fans are a little in the dark about some of these CB's tackling skills because we haven't seen them on the field much but the ones that have those skills are candidates in my opinion.