Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles' Roster Build Still Not Complete

3 hours ago, stine said:

Not to mention cheese curds. I go there once a year to Green Bay as my wife to be is a huge Packers fan. Great place to visit. Of course she has to go to an Eagles game with me to even up the score. People and food are great in Wisconsin.

You need to find the right place to buy them... it is not the same... Wisconsin changed the law and there are so few places that leave them sitting on the counter any more... They are super special when they are warm and sweating in the bag... now you look for them and they are all refrigerated... it takes the squeak out and ruins them

1 hour ago, stine said:

Matthews is going to be cut minute he passes medical.

Dead money and cap with RMatt is the same before and after June 1.. however it is not the same with Kendricks... he flops on June 1 from 4.8 dead, 1.8 free cap added... to 1.6 dead and 5.0 free cap added

1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

I have to believe that Mathews is going to be very tentative running the ball with his latest injury. Even though it will be healed, he will have it in the back of his mind and be wondering every time he gets hit whether he could severely re injure the same area of his neck. In the past, the Eagles did Brian Westbrook a favor by releasing him after multiple concussions. Understandably, they didn't want to be responsible for his long term health if he received any more concussions. I feel the same way about Mathews. His long term health is more important than the game of football. We drafted these running backs currently on the roster so someone saw something in them worthy of a pick. Its about time to find out what we have.

Neck and back injuries tend to leave sports players questioning what life after sports looks like

51 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

What is the general consensus from you fans on Jaylen Watkins? The Eagles seem to like him but I just don't see him as a long term answer on this club.

I do not feel he is the best S coming off the bench in the league, but I do believe he is ever improving and he certainly is a better option than at least 16 teams in the league have coming off the bench

22 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Just an AMAZING job they did.Everything was class all the way.Even the fans!!

I think that the family environment helped to foster the passion and intensity within limits

21 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Well the Eagles are moving a safety they just drafted to linebacker. They already moved Taylor heart from defense to the offensive line. Why not let a couple of these CB's try the safety position and let them compete with Watkins for the backup safety position? We as fans are a little in the dark about some of these CB's tackling skills because we haven't seen them on the field much but the ones that have those skills are candidates in my opinion.

That might be a good idea with Grymes because of his range

13 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Sweaty cheese, mmmmmm. Guess it's an acquired taste, lol!

it is amazing when it is fresh... it is warm from the process is an intermediate stage between milk and actual blocks of cheese.... when you chew it, the cheese will squeak against your teeth... but the flavor of the cheese curds when fresh just pops... it is amazing

Lets not forget about this guy. Maybe we have Jason Peters replacement already on the roster. Can you say Alejandro Villanueva?

Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle Taylor Hart will be making a big change for the 2017 season.

The former Oregon star is switching to offensive tackle, according to philadelphiaeagles.com. The report said Hart, who struggled to break out on defense during his first three seasons, played at tackle on the scout team during the latter portion of the 2016 season and impressed the coaching staff.

The coaches like Hart's arm length and his size at 6-foot-6, 305 pounds. Another reason for the switch is Hart was a first-team all-state selection as an offensive tackle at Tualatin High School.

One very important thing I forgot. JP was a tight end before converting to OT. LOL

League sources said at least two teams are squarely in play for Blount now that the draft has ended: The Detroit Lions and New York Giants, two franchises that are still mulling the addition of a bell-cow running back to eat up some early-down and short-yardage carries next season. The Lions failed to draft a running back despite a deep class at the position, while the Giants still have the need for a big back to shoulder some of the load from younger, less experienced players.

The Lions may be the most obvious fit, with a stable of running backs who don’t bring the same physical mentality to first or second down. Detroit also has general manager Bob Quinn who was in the New England personnel ranks during Blount’s tenure with the Patriots. It means something to have Quinn calling the shots, especially after he watched Bill Belichick add Blount to the roster twice.

8 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

One very important thing I forgot. JP was a tight end before converting to OT. LOL

That explains the skills with his feet... Im not sure that Hart has that kind of foot speed

2 hours ago, ASG15 said:

I don't know if anyone has posted this but I just read an article that said the Plilly Police reported NO arrests at the NFL draft.
Gratz to Eagles fans and the city in general.

*Philly

I heard 1 arrest. Still either way that is impressive!!

21 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

That explains the skills with his feet... Im not sure that Hart has that kind of foot speed

He has something they like or he wouldn't be taking up a roster spot. Hart has also played linebacker in his career.

2 hours ago, stine said:

Matthews is going to be cut minute he passes medical.

Dead money and cap with RMatt is the same before and after June 1.. however it is not the same with Kendricks... he flops on June 1 from 4.8 dead, 1.8 free cap added... to 1.6 dead and 5.0 free cap added

Still, Matthews will give us an extra 4 Mil which is desperately needed to sign the rookies...

52 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Well the Eagles are moving a safety they just drafted to linebacker. They already moved Taylor heart from defense to the offensive line. Why not let a couple of these CB's try the safety position and let them compete with Watkins for the backup safety position? We as fans are a little in the dark about some of these CB's tackling skills because we haven't seen them on the field much but the ones that have those skills are candidates in my opinion.

I heard Douglas is going to be moved to safety eventually...

I don't know man. When I see RB Terrell Watson at 6ft 1in and weighing 240 pounds I have to believe that if he can't pick up a 3rd or 4th and one then the offensive line isn't doing their job.

52 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Sweaty cheese, mmmmmm. Guess it's an acquired taste, lol!

it is amazing when it is fresh... it is warm from the process is an intermediate stage between milk and actual blocks of cheese.... when you chew it, the cheese will squeak against your teeth... but the flavor of the cheese curds when fresh just pops... it is amazing

UGH

1 minute ago, stine said:

hmmm that makes alot of sense.. future CB, future WIL, future scat back, and future S

So what team is going to be the first team to inquire about trading Nick Foles? LOL

Tired again.Cutting down a load(15-16)of 8 inch thick trees by HAND because thats the only tool she left me(lovely FORMER woman lol) Gotta respect a woman who steals all your tools.Sorry-OFF TOPIC.Keeps me in "game shape" though(round is a shape right?)

47 minutes ago, mateagle2 said:
  1 hour ago, 1wrangler said:

Interesting Stine! He is the tallest CB on the roster at 6ft 2in.

BTW-Guggisberg Cheese(Amish) has fantastic baby swiss(and others) and Troyers Trail Bologna(not to be confused with summer sausage lol).Terrific on game days and you can order online.used to deliver to both these places,they would give me some,then I would stop at the Amish bakery,get a loaf of warm bread and chew on that the entire day lol

So what team is going to be the first team to inquire about trading Nick Foles? LOL

Oh man lets not move Nick again.He must feel like their is a revolving door at Novacare lol