Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaveSpadaro

[News] Eagles' Roster Build Still Not Complete

Everyone has now had time to stew over the draft. What is the consensus here? Good? Bad? Average? Personally I'm fine with who they picked. Now let's get to work and make them stars!

Its a little early to make a judgement on the draft but if you ask me if I think Joe Douglas and Howie Roseman had fun over the weekend I would say yeah they did. LOL

Actually met the nurse and physio, both cute, nice and married. Go in 9:45 am tomorrow which is a really good time for an op. Ribeye for "my last meal" tonight, have to fast afterwards and that'll stick w/ me. The food there's actually not bad like hospital food used to be. With the lack of Eagles news coming out it's good timing.

So RMat ok'd to practice. With the post regarding the cap there's no way he's not gone. Liked the post tho, explained how we could be so over as we only had 1.6 going into the draft.

Actually met the nurse and physio, both cute, nice and married. Go in 9:45 am tomorrow which is a really good time for an op. Ribeye for "my last meal" tonight, have to fast afterwards and that'll stick w/ me. The food there's actually not bad like hospital food used to be. With the lack of Eagles news coming out it's good timing.

So RMat ok'd to practice. With the post regarding the cap there's no way he's not gone. Liked the post tho, explained how we could be so over as we only had 1.6 going into the draft.

Some tough decisions have to be made. Essentially the article said that by releasing RMatt, Kelce, Barbre, Marcus Smith and DGB the Eagles would save 12 mil in cap space. What it didn't say was that releasing Peters would save them another 9.7 mil. Maybe keeping Peters is a luxury they may ultimately conclude they may not be able to afford.

16 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

Some tough decisions have to be made. Essentially the article said that by releasing RMatt, Kelce, Barbre, Marcus Smith and DGB the Eagles would save 12 mil in cap space. What it didn't say was that releasing Peters would save them another 9.7 mil. Maybe keeping Peters is a luxury they may ultimately conclude they may not be able to afford.

You are very correct... however I feel like I was castrated for saying such things as trading him would be the best decision for the Eagles... seems that most see this as a bridge too far

????????? There's no sky falling here, it's only 4.5 mill, no need to go overboard. Remember, RMat alone is 4 mill - we're ok. If anything by the time the roster is paired down, we'll have enough to get a few more players. Just wish it was soon as I'd feel more comfortable that if a RB or other player that could improve us becomes available we can play in the game and not watch AP go for 7 mill for 2 yrs - a deal I would have jumped on.

1 hour ago, mjkline1958 said:

Thanks ASG. Some of our fav videos on AFV are when peeps had their wisdom teeth out - too funny!

If you address ploitics maybe you will say something profound which changes the world... I know, I have all the answers when Im drunk

Doesn't everyone?

Everyone has now had time to stew over the draft. What is the consensus here? Good? Bad? Average? Personally I'm fine with who they picked. Now let's get to work and make them stars!

Drafts need to be evaluated in two different ways: 1) whom did the Eagles select? I think most of us are largely pleased. 2) After the top 13, whom did the Eagles NOT select? After all, they had a shot at anyone. Some of us have some doubts, but we'll know, in time.

gnats supposedly looking at Blount as well. We may actually be ok there, tough to judge anything a few days after the draft

Im gonna go out on a limb and say that I think we will see a trade comming real soon with ... pick one... Jags, Bengals, Texans, Dolphins, Falcons, Seahawks... for Offensive line guys... pick one.. Peters, Kelce, Barbe, Brooks

5 minutes ago, EaglesB#1again said:

betcha when Mathews is released the giants pick him up.

I see him retiring

Camp's going to be fun at a lot of positions. C Orlosky played a bit of RB, Q Ward coming in as a WR are fun ones, there's competition at just about every position

6 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

Saw that the other day mat, ridiculous. Must be nice to get paid and not do any work.

I like it... Retirement is GOOOOOD!

37 minutes ago, 1wrangler said:

You are very correct... however I feel like I was castrated for saying such things as trading him would be the best decision for the Eagles... seems that most see this as a bridge too far

Castrated huh? LOL Well I know that a majority of fans are attached to Peters but I stated previously that he will not be around when the Eagles win a Super Bowl and that is what he wants. If it comes to the time where his salary is keeping the Eagles from signing long term players that "will" be on the club when the Eagles win a Super Bowl, then keeping him is slowing the rebuild process. We lucked out with him last year health wise but I can't believe that no one on here isn't a little concerned with his previous back problem going forward. All he has to do is have another problem with his back this year where he has to miss some games and that 11 million salary decision is going to look foolish.

6 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

gnats supposedly looking at Blount as well. We may actually be ok there, tough to judge anything a few days after the draft

I didnt realize that Terrel Watson was so big... we keep talking about needing that RB that can bull for a yard when you need it, and RMatt is that guy, but unlikely to be counted on... Maybe the plan is simply to trust your eyes and get with best results in camp between Watson and The kid from Wisconsin

Welp Good Luck MJK! Send word after it is done!!

JP has a degenerative disc problem the team and its' docs monitor very closely - leave my JP alone! The team really isn't ready to make the switch as RT would suffer and it's only Wentz's 2nd yr. He may be taking snaps from a new C however.

Thanks Stine - wisj it was Sun and I was back home already. The 1st few days will be miserable, better off in the long run

ANyone really worried about cap or just wants to have some fun, go through the roster, trim it to 53, set the PS and count up the savings. There's no cap emergency, just cap drama. The hard part as always is setting those last few spots.

JP has a degenerative disc problem the team and its' docs monitor very closely - leave my JP alone! The team really isn't ready to make the switch as RT would suffer and it's only Wentz's 2nd yr. He may be taking snaps from a new C however.

LMAO. You can monitor a disc 24 hours a day if you want. All that it takes is for him to bend a certain way or get hit a certain way during a game and the disc is out again. How do you know that RT will suffer? How does anyone know that RT will suffer? Maybe LT will suffer when Johnson moves over and he will have to return to the other side. My point is that we really don't know anything yet and as long as Peters is on the team, we won't find out either. It's all speculation at the present time.

BTW wonder what ever became of BDawk?

Hes become a 49er fan. Followed Chip over. Good guy sent me a message. Wonder if he would come back.

We don't "know" anything for sure. What we do know is RT suffered last yr w/o Lane. V got better but he proved he's not quite ready for prime time. G's ought to be better and once the winners are chosen - more consistent. Could we save cap by cutting JP? Sure, but to what end? You're not going to replace him for that money. Before making a move have to think - will the team be better? In this case no.

I like it. Thing is i dont see any of them getting put on PS coz they will get picked up. Someone is getting cut or traded to make room.