ricolly

1st game

48 posts in this topic

I'm able to use ticketmaster on my mobile but not computer so it is an issue on my end by the look of it. Thanks for everyone's help much appreciated :) 

got my tickets off stubhub, 225 row 1 :D 

3 people like this

2 hours ago, ricolly said:

Nice to hear! Enjoy :-)

14 hours ago, ricolly said:

That's awesome! have a great time. try to Tailgate if you can

1 person likes this

On 2017-5-19 at 1:52 AM, Mspencer said:

That's awesome! have a great time. try to Tailgate if you can

Thank you mate. its all new to me :)

sorry more questions. how long before the game should I get there as wanna soak up some of the atmosphere and grab a beer

1 hour ago, ricolly said:

sorry more questions. how long before the game should I get there as wanna soak up some of the atmosphere and grab a beer

Outer gates usually open 2-2.5 hours before kickoff, which gives you access to Headhouse Plaza (some food trucks, giveaways, entertainment, activities, etc.)

Inner gates, to go in the stadium and get to your seats, is 90-minutes before kickoff. 

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, the noid said:

Outer gates usually open 2-2.5 hours before kickoff, which gives you access to Headhouse Plaza (some food trucks, giveaways, entertainment, activities, etc.)

Inner gates, to go in the stadium and get to your seats, is 90-minutes before kickoff. 

Great stuff thank u, is there anything in the stadium to do  to get there 90 mins early?

23 hours ago, ricolly said:

Great stuff thank u, is there anything in the stadium to do  to get there 90 mins early?

Once inside you can watch the pre-game warm-ups, with the teams out on the field stretching, doing light drills, etc. Also gives you time to walk around and check out food and drink options. You can also get a "first game" certificate from any of the guest services booths (behind sections 121, 136, 206 & 226.)

Player intros, national anthem, etc. start about 15 minutes before kickoff. 

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, the noid said:

Once inside you can watch the pre-game warm-ups, with the teams out on the field stretching, doing light drills, etc. Also gives you time to walk around and check out food and drink options. You can also get a "first game" certificate from any of the guest services booths (behind sections 121, 136, 206 & 226.)

Player intros, national anthem, etc. start about 15 minutes before kickoff. 

Thank u. I'm gonna get there early :)

"first game" certificate? is that littearlly a cert saying first game? sorry never heard of it?

I've checked what a first game cert  is now the noid, thanks i'd never heard of it :)

Hi Ricolly Thanks for asking all the questions that I was going to ask! Also from England and also planning my first NFL game on 24th, like you the dates were beyond my control. I have the same issue with ticketmaster erroring was looking at NFL exchange but stubhub is so much cheaper (for once!). Thanks everyone for your advice, will also be collecting a first game cert :0)

14 hours ago, England4Eagles said:

Hi Ricolly Thanks for asking all the questions that I was going to ask! Also from England and also planning my first NFL game on 24th, like you the dates were beyond my control. I have the same issue with ticketmaster erroring was looking at NFL exchange but stubhub is so much cheaper (for once!). Thanks everyone for your advice, will also be collecting a first game cert :0)

Yeah I've been very lucky that eagles are playing whilst I'm in philly. Have you got your tickets now? I was going to go & watch an NFL game at Wembley but by time I had priced everything up I thought would prefer to go to a game in Philly instead. 

No not got tickets yet, there are too many to choose from! I can't decide where to sit, I'm thinking 2nd level end zone might be good, being very female on this so any thoughts are much appreciated. We live in Surrey so Wembley is not that expensive to get to just a pain plus Philly is much more fun. 

22 hours ago, England4Eagles said:

No not got tickets yet, there are too many to choose from! I can't decide where to sit, I'm thinking 2nd level end zone might be good, being very female on this so any thoughts are much appreciated. We live in Surrey so Wembley is not that expensive to get to just a pain plus Philly is much more fun. 

I did a bit of research before getting my tickets, but as its a pre season game the tickets are much cheaper so got the ones I really wanted. 

Tailgating is completely new to me. Can I just join in if I'm not actually parking in car park?

On 2017-5-16 at 0:41 AM, Mspencer said:

Aw man, personally, I would hold off and go for tickets to the game on 24 September when the regular season starts. But like someone said earlier, there are no bad seats. I have only been to one game (last year, Eagles Vs. Vikings. Greatest day of my life!) but we set in sec 235 in the 5th row and it was perfect. its above the endzone but that's what I enjoyed about it. As someone told me last year on here, "if you are a fan of watching plays develop and picking about the players movements on the field, you want to sit in the endzone." I would also recommend trying to get somewhat front rows in your section, especially if you are in the upper decks; I truly believe the best seats in any stadium are the front rows of the upper decks.

Okay, last tip (I'm clearly passionate about this, I'm planning my trip now for September) So visit Ticketmaster.com and search "Lincoln Financial Field tour" and you can get VIP tickets to tour every section of the stadium. This is AMAZING!!!! I did it the Saturday before the game last year and they took us everywhere, from the field, the press boxes, the press room where the players do interviews and the coolest part, the locker room. We were able to take pictures in front of Wentz's locker while his game jersey was hanging up. they were actually hanging all the players jersey's up while we were in there. it was an amazing experience and any Eagles fan should really do it. by the way the ticket only cost $10. when I am not on my work computer I'll come back and post some pictures of it. 

If you have questions at all about where you should stay, how to get around, what to do when you're not at the game, or the Tailgate (which you have to do for sure. I need another post to get into the tailgate stories) just let me know, I'll give you my tips. Hope my rant helped someone out here.

Mspencer were staying at double tree hilton centre city, how am I best getting to a 7pm  game? Will there be a tailgate at the dolphins game as it is a pre season game?

11 hours ago, ricolly said:

Mspencer were staying at double tree hilton centre city, how am I best getting to a 7pm  game? Will there be a tailgate at the dolphins game as it is a pre season game?

So I have only been to an afternoon game, and I drove to it at about 7 in the morning for the tailgate. I can assure you they're will be a tailgate. I recommend joining a pre-arranged tailgate like "Cav's Philly Tailgate" , you can find them on facebook. They cook all the food and provide you with as much beer as you can drink, as the time gets closer they will start posting details on their facebook page. I will say this though, if you just arrive at the parking lot, everyone is extremely friendly to fellow Eagles fans and you are likely to get invited to someones tailgate, especially once they find out it's your first game. My last tip would be in getting to the game. The Double Tree hotel has a Subway entrance literally 4 feet from the front door, and I know during regular season games at least, it is a free ride to the stadium, I'm not sure if they are free for a pre season game, but even if not, it'll still be cheaper then the $40 they charge to park at the stadium.

Mspencer thank you very much for your help! I didnt realise double tree has a subway entrance so close :D Also Im a big boxing fan so wanting to see the joe frazier statue outside Xfinity and would like to see Citizen Bank Park and Wells Fargo as know they are close just for photo opps as not gonna get chance to do the tours :angry:  ive got just over 6 wks to wait now & its driving me mad visiting Philly has been a dream for so long! Cant wait to meet the Eagles fans either! My wife has litterally only seen one nfl game(broncos/panthers superbowl on tv) so hoping i can get her to become an nfl fan/eagles fan. 

1 person likes this

yea, preseason game...

season ticket holders bring their kids to these games or sell them...  its basically a fake crowd....  but you will enjoy it nonetheless. Tailgating will happen but the real tailgating starts during the regular season.

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Scrapple said:

yea, preseason game...

season ticket holders bring their kids to these games or sell them...  its basically a fake crowd....  but you will enjoy it nonetheless. Tailgating will happen but the real tailgating starts during the regular season.

As only in Philly 3 days its a good chance I will book to go again in a couple of years & make sure I get to see a real game. 

I apologise for the delay

but Wow what can I say! 

I have to say I have been lucky enough to see sports events in england, europe and usa but nothing comapares to lincoiln financial field! and I mean nothing

What a beautiful city, friendliest people i've ever met and the stadium is really something else.

I am hoping to get back asap.