NE.Jon

Kaepernick still no job

8 hours ago, the guy in france said:

WOW ! This place seems like a bunch of white guys patting each other on the back. Be careful your small room is getting smaller. Remember those days when employers could openly discriminate ? I smell lawsuit and I can definitely see the NFL handing him a boatload of cash as settlement to just go away. He should push for a job with fair compensations maybe with incentives this season and if he doesn't have one by the end of training camp, lawyer up. No diversity here, I don't get the Eagles or the NFL.

What percentage of the NFL is made up of black players?   Racism?   Only a racist moron that views his own failures through a racial prism.

18 minutes ago, Mortimer said:

What percentage of the NFL is made up of black players?   Racism?   Only a racist moron that views his own failures through a racial prism.

African Americans make up right around 12.5% of the population of the United States, give or take a fraction. As of 2014, this article says that 68% of the NFL is black. There's 32 starting QB jobs in the NFL. As of right now, there's 5 starting black QB's in the NFL, barring injuries. EJ Manuel, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson and Jameis Winston. 12.5% of 32 is 4.

3 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

This Kaepernick crap is turning into a circus ..... I have been watching a bunch of videos .  All these guys are trying to Make the whole Kap thing about Race ..... Then they say its about the protest.  They keep contradicting themselves   back and forth .... but then keep crying about race .  Forcing a owner to hire somone they dont want .....   Could you imagine how many lawsuites that would open if owners cave in ?    

How can people be so dam blind about this whole crap 

Maybe they haven't watched him play the past 2 years?  He's terrible

8 hours ago, the guy in france said:

WOW ! This place seems like a bunch of white guys patting each other on the back. Be careful your small room is getting smaller. Remember those days when employers could openly discriminate ? I smell lawsuit and I can definitely see the NFL handing him a boatload of cash as settlement to just go away. He should push for a job with fair compensations maybe with incentives this season and if he doesn't have one by the end of training camp, lawyer up. No diversity here, I don't get the Eagles or the NFL.

You're acting as though the dude is  ENTITLED  to a job!!  He's not!

Any lawsuit he brings will ultimately be thrown out as groundless.

Which is why I'd be shocked if he brought one.

32 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

African Americans make up right around 12.5% of the population of the United States, give or take a fraction. As of 2014, this article says that 68% of the NFL is black. There's 32 starting QB jobs in the NFL. As of right now, there's 5 starting black QB's in the NFL, barring injuries. EJ Manuel, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson and Jameis Winston. 12.5% of 32 is 4.

Thank You.

13 hours ago, RealBallHawk20 said:

Nobody wants a gimmick QB who fell a** backwards into a starting gig,San Francisco got rid of the wrong qb, smith was the better QB there and he got traded cause the Defense carried Kap... If Kap could stay out of the media and kept his pie whole shut then he would be back up somewhere but nobody needs a nut case and media drama back up

Exactly. This isn't complicated but since it's been a fairly boring offseason, media outlets have tried to pile on Kaepernick to fill air time.

I can see ESPN having another round of mass layoffs next spring due to the amount of people they've completely turned off from this.

No one really cares at this point. Only wannabe activists who barely watch and/or dont understand football are screaming.

20 hours ago, the guy in france said:

WOW ! This place seems like a bunch of white guys patting each other on the back. Be careful your small room is getting smaller. 

Posts like this really irk me. You seem to paint in your mind that everybody you interact could be racist based on their responses. My two bestfriends from college are Muslim and Haitian. Their names are Bikram and Fidlin. I would do anything for these guys. 

Don't racially profiling people on the board that you have no clue about. Do you think comments like this will help get rid of racism in the world? One could argue that you are fueling the fire.

Take a step back here and realize that many of the people on this board are not crazy white supremacists.

1 hour ago, vincent_NJG said:

Exactly. This isn't complicated but since it's been a fairly boring offseason, media outlets have tried to pile on Kaepernick to fill air time.

I can see ESPN having another round of mass layoffs next spring due to the amount of people they've completely turned off from this.

No one really cares at this point. Only wannabe activists who barely watch and/or dont understand football are screaming.

I quit espn a while back.  Has this been the dominant story there?

If so, it looks like I made the right choice.

Beating a "story" to death?  That will bring the ratings :rolleyes: 

17 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Dan LeBetard talks about nothing but Kaep on his (ESPN) radio show - been that way for weeks as far as I can tell.

His hot take on the Super Bowl last year was that the Patriots had Danny and Chris at wide out and Atlanta had Mohammed and Julio.

The guy is a race baiting clown.

Their show can be entertaining at times - I listen sometimes when I'm out grabbing lunch or whatever.  Lately, however, like I said it's literally been nothing but whining about Kaepernick having no job.

They don't get that they are the racists in all of this. They had actual hate in their hearts for Riley Cooper over 1 word while he was in a confrontation while drinking.

"I have a dream that my 4 young children will grow up in a world where they are judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character"

Dr King would be on our side in this. We are just judging a bad guy on his words and character over a year, not 1 word in a bad moment. He would probably tell them to grow up and focus on things that really matter or people who deserve their support.

Chances are that NFL teams are more concerned about the fans who are appalled by kaepernick's choice of protest.  We all have gripes against the government for one thing or another, but protesting against the flag and the national anthem is more of protesting against the values and principles of the country along with the people who have defended and died for them.  

If I were an owner, I wouldn't support any behavior like that, whether it was his right or not.  I have a right to hire who I want and who I want to represent my team.   

His protests are misdirected.  Why doesn't he go to canada?  He's be able to play there and he maybe he would appreciate it more.

2 hours ago, AzBirdGang said:

Posts like this really irk me. You seem to paint in your mind that everybody you interact could be racist based on their responses. My two bestfriends from college are Muslim and Haitian. Their names are Bikram and Fidlin. I would do anything for these guys. 

Don't racially profiling people on the board that you have no clue about. Do you think comments like this will help get rid of racism in the world? One could argue that you are fueling the fire.

Take a step back here and realize that many of the people on this board are not crazy white supremacists.

The white guilters and the victim race members always fuel the fire of racism......they WANT it to burn hot.  They scream racism for everything.  That's why race relations are getting worse.  Nobody trusts anybody.  Blacks are comfortable screaming racism for almost anything and whites are getting tired of being accused of it.  The accusation of racism used to be worthy of some investigation, now it's not because it a "chicken little" accusation.  

Unfortunately, once it starts rolling, it only leads to more violence, hatred and mistrust.

23 minutes ago, birdman#12 said:

Chances are that NFL teams are more concerned about the fans who are appalled by kaepernick's choice of protest.  We all have gripes against the government for one thing or another, but protesting against the flag and the national anthem is more of protesting against the values and principles of the country along with the people who have defended and died for them.  

If I were an owner, I wouldn't support any behavior like that, whether it was his right or not.  I have a right to hire who I want and who I want to represent my team.   

His protests are misdirected.  Why doesn't he go to canada?  He's be able to play there and he maybe he would appreciate it more.

Hamilton already owns his rights.  He just needs to show up.

2 hours ago, paco said:

I quit espn a while back.  Has this been the dominant story there?

If so, it looks like I made the right choice.

Outside of draft coverage, a few games and "OJ Made in America", I haven't watched any ESPN since the NFL season ended. 

For that very reason. It's become social justice news than sports news.

Used to listen to ESPN radio at work and during lunch but can't anymore because it's all about Kaep.

Especially LeBatard as others have mentioned.

ESPN has been doubling down with it's social justice schtick for awhile now. They bit hard on the Mizzou protests and wouldn't let go even long after it was revealed to be 99.9% BS.

People in the media as well as a rapidly growing number of wannabe professional activists want racism to keep going. You could tell by the way every time an internet page doesn't load fast enough, they cry racism.

If racism ended tomorrow, these people would be on the unemployment line, and/or even worse, have no purpose in life.

It was even the race baiting host of the now canceled Nightly Show on Comedy Central Larry Wilmore who mocked Jesse Jackson for crying at Obama's 08 election celebration  by saying. ..

"of course hes crying, there's a man who's out of a job"

Most people dont want politics mixed with sports ....  They dont want to sit and watch that BS when it should be a football . Forget all the other BS ... He was paid to play football  and that why people turned on the TV. I cant belive no one as came out and told these  people ENOUGH and to shut up ..... If I had a Show ... I would be all over it.   These Kaep supporters ... jsut cant stop.  First it was because he protested ... now they are trying to say   its a Race thing .... they are also trying to call out the NFL on RACE .... Saying the NFL should step in .. Black money is as green as whites .   It is a media crap show .  There is no way he gets a job now .... No team needs the distractions  while trying to do their jobs and win football games/

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

Most people dont want politics mixed with sports ....  They dont want to sit and watch that BS when it should be a football . Forget all the other BS ... He was paid to play football  and that why people turned on the TV. I cant belive no one as came out and told these  people ENOUGH and to shut up ..... If I had a Show ... I would be all over it.   These Kaep supporters ... jsut cant stop.  First it was because he protested ... now they are trying to say   its a Race thing .... they are also trying to call out the NFL on RACE .... Saying the NFL should step in .. Black money is as green as whites .   It is a media crap show .  There is no way he gets a job now .... No team needs the distractions  while trying to do their jobs and win football games/

Yep. If anything, his "supporters" are hurting his career more than he is.

I still find it amusing that these same people have no issue with RG3 being unemployed despite having similar career numbers.

Just now, vincent_NJG said:

Yep. If anything, his "supporters" are hurting his career more than he is.

I still find it amazing that these same people have no issue with RG3 being unemployed despite having similar career numbers.

RG3 does not help their cause ..... even He could work better then Kap .  RG3 does not have a job because he has 2 black parents   and married 2 white girls .   Im  ready to start a protest for him   :o     lol 

3 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

RG3 does not help their cause ..... even He could work better then Kap .  RG3 does not have a job because he has 2 black parents   and married 2 white girls .   Im  ready to start a protest for him   :o     lol 

Not an inaccurate assessment.

Just now, vincent_NJG said:

Not an inaccurate assessment.

my point exactly  .....

I really wish some team would sign him already so the media can shut up with this BS.

Kaep isn't that great but he's most certainly one of the top 64 QB's in the league and at least should be a backup somewhere.  Problem is that I don't know what he wants.  Does he want to be a starter or is he OK with being a backup?  How much money is he looking for?  He's already stated he isn't going to kneel anymore and I understand owners are hesitant of the fan backlash if they signed him, which in my opinion is ridiculous.  

What these media personalities, Stephen A., LeBatard, etc., should be focusing on is what teams can actually use him because I don't think there's many.  Then go from there and question why a certain team can or can't use him.  The Jets are 1 team off the top of my head that could use him.  Buffalo, Jax, Cleveland are other possible teams but they have QB's in place that may or may not be the answer.  I can understand Gase wanting Cutler because he knows the offense already and we're close to the season starting.

26 minutes ago, RepPhilly said:

I really wish some team would sign him already so the media can shut up with this BS.

Kaep isn't that great but he's most certainly one of the top 64 QB's in the league and at least should be a backup somewhere.  Problem is that I don't know what he wants.  Does he want to be a starter or is he OK with being a backup?  How much money is he looking for?  He's already stated he isn't going to kneel anymore and I understand owners are hesitant of the fan backlash if they signed him, which in my opinion is ridiculous.  

What these media personalities, Stephen A., LeBatard, etc., should be focusing on is what teams can actually use him because I don't think there's many.  Then go from there and question why a certain team can or can't use him.  The Jets are 1 team off the top of my head that could use him.  Buffalo, Jax, Cleveland are other possible teams but they have QB's in place that may or may not be the answer.  I can understand Gase wanting Cutler because he knows the offense already and we're close to the season starting.

Couldn't agree more.

Something else that many can't seem to get a grasp on is that many organizations don't necessarily want the guy who is the borderline starter caliber or polarizing guy as the backup QB because one of the worst distractions for a team midseason is a QB controversy.

Even if the starter is heads and shoulders above the backup, if the backup has had some memorable success, media, fans and such will start clamoring for the backup.

Think about how fast Elway wanted to get Tebow out of town even though he had Peyton as a starter. He knew damn well that even though he had a top 5 all time QB at the helm, it still didn't override some of the Tebowmania.

All it would have taken is for Peyton to toss 2 picks in the 1st quarter of a game to suddenly get Tebow chants from the home crowd.

No FO with a franchise qb is interested in that.

Guys like Kaep, RG3, and Cutler(signed to be the starter) bring QB controversy potential with them even if they're backing up a franchise QB. 

Add in the extra drama and that's the answer as to why Kaep is still a free agent.

It also doesn't help that Kaep is taking more videos of himself carrying out his activism than working out as a QB.

34 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Couldn't agree more.

Something else that many can't seem to get a grasp on is that many organizations don't necessarily want the guy who is the borderline starter caliber or polarizing guy as the backup QB because one of the worst distractions for a team midseason is a QB controversy.

Even if the starter is heads and shoulders above the backup, if the backup has had some memorable success, media, fans and such will start clamoring for the backup.

Think about how fast Elway wanted to get Tebow out of town even though he had Peyton as a starter. He knew damn well that even though he had a top 5 all time QB at the helm, it still didn't override some of the Tebowmania.

All it would have taken is for Peyton to toss 2 picks in the 1st quarter of a game to suddenly get Tebow chants from the home crowd.

No FO with a franchise qb is interested in that.

Guys like Kaep, RG3, and Cutler(signed to be the starter) bring QB controversy potential with them even if they're backing up a franchise QB. 

Add in the extra drama and that's the answer as to why Kaep is still a free agent.

It also doesn't help that Kaep is taking more videos of himself carrying out his activism than working out as a QB.

You have no idea how true this is.  Back when they got Manning I was still living in Denver.  I used to bs with my airport driver over football and I asked him one day how he felt about getting Manning.

"I dont know, I really wanted to see what we have in Tebow.  That kid might develop into something special"

:facepalm: