NE.Jon

Kaepernick still no job

1 hour ago, mikemack8 said:

Shady is absolutely right.  He's not signed because he is a bad play.  Fact of matter is he's better than probably most backups and could probably start for a few teams.

He's just not worth the headache.  Whether you agree with his stances or not, him being on a team will be a distraction.  His distraction does not outweigh him as a player... he's simply not good enough.

Shady isn't the voice of reason. He's being an a** like he always is.

It's probably true that the level of distraction Kaepernick will be(because of the fans and media, he won't be a distraction to players) likely outweighs his performance on the field. But you don't come out and say it like that. It's like his shot at Jordan Matthews after the trade. Guy is just an idiot

This is just becoming more and more of a crap show .... The media loves it and keeps feeding hate to the clueless ignorant ones that dont even know what they are protesting for ... The guy turned down at least 2 Jobs we know of the 49ers  and the Broncos ...  He said he wanted a chance to start ....  How do people think that this is even something a protest can fix ??? You cant force people to hire someone in a private Company ... Could you imagine what would happen if it did actually happen ..... The stupidness would be non ending .   There is already  is Affirmative Action and the Rooney Rule in NFL  even though 70% of NFL is of the Darker shade of Human . 

Be carefull Shady  Nessa  is gonna call you a uncle Tom and a racsist ....                           

I saw one Person Carrying a BLM Sign    and another one which went like this. 

egro 

all in 

ine  

Whats Really Funny is His Girlfriend Nessa  Is Egyptian and  Arab .... They are some of the worst slave owners in history on Mankind .  Kap is for Sure White mixed with no one really knows,  Could be Arab "Which I think "   Spanish   or ,maybe African American .   It seems people love to protest no matter what the reason and try to make it about race .... Next we will see people looting and burning down parts of cities over this 

Anyone surprised to see a  Kap supporters at a anti Trump rally ..... Guy sporting new  Stand for Kap Shirt   :D 

That's hilarious McCoy called him out:roll:

On 8/23/2017 at 10:38 PM, selassieyouth said:

Really the only guy I havnt heard complaining about Kap not haveing a job in the NFL is Kap.

Its the thought that counts. At least he isnt auctioning them off on Ebay for thousands. Im sure he would find buyers for a bunch of his stuff. 

Most likely kids and young people. 

Isn't his jersey still #1 in sales? I figure he gets money from that still right?

Jim Brown criticizes Kaepernick-style protests: 'I don't desecrate my flag'

Published August 25, 2017

Pro Football Hall of Famer and Cleveland Browns legend Jim Brown panned current football players who choose to protest during the playing of the Star Spangled Banner, saying "I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem.”

Brown, who fought for social causes throughout his career, told ThePostGame.com he empathizes with jobless quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who began the trend of kneeling during the anthem last season when he played for the San Francisco 49ers. But Brown said Kaepernick and other players who demonstrate – such as a dozen Cleveland players who knelt Monday – are going about their crusade the wrong way.

"I’m going to give you the real deal: I’m an American,” Brown said. "I don’t desecrate my flag and my national anthem. I’m not gonna do anything against the flag and national anthem. I’m going to work within those situations. But this is my country, and I’ll work out the problems, but I’ll do it in an intelligent manner.”

Kaepernick began to kneel in order to protest what he alleged was an increasing spate of police brutality against minorities. Brown said he wants to be in Kaepernick’s "corner” on the demonstration, but he suggested the act hadn’t been thought through.

"If you have a cause, I think you should organize it, present it in a manner where it's not only you standing or sitting on one knee, but a lot of people that is gonna get behind each other and do something about it,” Brown said. "If I ask you one question: Who is Colin calling on to follow what he's talking about?”

Brown also acknowledged players should try to honor the wishes of the team owners who are paying them millions of dollars.

"Colin has to make up his mind whether he's truly an activist or he's a football player,” Brown said. "Football is commercial. You have owners. You have fans. And you want to honor that if you're making that kind of money…”

Brown added: "You have to understand there's intelligence that's involved, OK? I can't be two things at once that contradict each other. If I sign for money, then the people I sign with, they have rules and regulations.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/25/jim-brown-criticizes-kaepernick-style-protests-dont-desecrate-my-flag.html

Brown makes a good point about doing things in larger numbers to make a bigger difference. This was never about affecting real change for any cause though as much as it was about him gaining attention for himself. Well he got his attention. 

So did EA and Madden put Kap on blast with that little longshot thing they did? With the whole is he worth the circus and what not. BTW the NFL is a discriminating league so not sure what he could sue for. Anyone can be cut for being to old or slow or fat so good luck getting that paycheck. 

15 hours ago, MR-CYN said:

Brown makes a good point about doing things in larger numbers to make a bigger difference. This was never about affecting real change for any cause though as much as it was about him gaining attention for himself. Well he got his attention. 

Dead on balls accurate.

Jim Brown  a man that actually knows oppression  and the hard ships this country put on its African American community . The problem is there is not more strong figures like him in the lives of all these young people today . MOst dont have fathers to teach them and actually share stories of how it was back in the day . You know how they actually fought for  change and equality.    

27 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Jim Brown  a man that actually knows oppression  and the hard ships this country put on its African American community . The problem is there is not more strong figures like him in the lives of all these young people today . MOst dont have fathers to teach them and actually share stories of how it was back in the day . You know how they actually fought for  change and equality.    

Right, back in the old days of 2016 where black men get executed on the side of the road for reaching for their wallets.

I'm so glad racism is over, guys!

I like how the distraction of taking a knee is being compared to that of having murdering hundreds of dogs for fun and running an interstate gambling ring. Also, Vick was never, at any point, 10 times the player Kaep was, but Shady has always been a Vick gobbler.

The problem with identity politics, the likes of which Kaepernick promotes, is that it plays into the hands of the oligarchy by promoting class-ignorant liberation, further fostering divisions among working class ranks. This is also true of the concept of white privilege, which is more or less the ruling class looking for someone to share the blame with... rich white people hiding behind working class whites, using them as a shield (i.e "we're all in this together"). And if you want to overcome "white supremacy" you have to overcome all whites, essentially putting poor whites on the front lines of a social fight of no benefit to themselves; indeed, while the working classes pelt one another in the streets, the true perpetrators of societal injustice and beneficiaries of privilege virtue signal from their gated white communities.

It's essentially divide and conquer - the white working class is the largest of the working classes and therefore the bourgeoisie is behooved to keep them alienated from other proletarians, lest the workers unite and seize control of social production for themselves. Kaepernick is a product of this social engineering.

3 hours ago, Clamdigger said:

Right, back in the old days of 2016 where black men get executed on the side of the road for reaching for their wallets.

I'm so glad racism is over, guys!

You realise jim brown was 80 something years old .... I thik was born in the 1930s .....  in college in the 50s  and played in the NFL through 50s and 60s.     He knows what  the back of the bus is , he kows what its like to deal with WHITE only things .  go troll elsewhere

What Jim Brown understands is that if you have a cause or something that you want to protest, you don't allow your actions/protest to overshadow the cause that you want to promote because then you become the focal point and your cause gets lost.

On 8/23/2017 at 7:40 PM, McNabbIsGone said:

These  BIZZAROS  are now planning to demonstrate in front of the NFL's offices in NYC.

The idiots just don't 'get it'. The man  was  employed and quit!  His choice, no one else's.

Simple ignorance of inconvenient truth doesn't mean it's racist.

No one anywhere is ever guaranteed employment.

NOTE to  BIZZAROS:  WRITE  IT  DOWN!!

I don't care if the dude gets a job or not, but the Niners have openly stated that they made it clear to Kaep in February that he was going to be released. So the "had a job and quit" part isn't entirely true. He opted out so he could get a jump on free agency. 

50 minutes ago, ckudrick said:

the Niners have openly stated that they made it clear to Kaep in February that he was going to be released. So the "had a job and quit" part isn't entirely true. He opted out so he could get a jump on free agency. 

Appreciate the input but don't care. He quit seeking greener pastures.

OOOOPS!!     NO  PASTURES  AVAILABLE!! 

DOHHHH!! 

21 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Would he fit the offense?

More like:

Don't you wish Andy Reid took Kirk Cousins with the 3rd round pick he used on Nick Foles in 2012?  I would have done that because I had seen Cousins at Michigan State pull off some big wins there. 

1 hour ago, Wallyhorse said:

More like:

Don't you wish Andy Reid took Kirk Cousins with the 3rd round pick he used on Nick Foles in 2012?  I would have done that because I had seen Cousins at Michigan State pull off some big wins there. 

Would you now pay Kirk Cousins top QB money based on what you saw from him (especially what how he performed in week 17 against Giants)? I wouldn't.

2 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

More like:

You'd rather have Cousins than Wentz? :huh: 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You'd rather have Cousins than Wentz? :huh: 

Not the point.  The point was, Andy had a chance to take Cousins with the pick he used on Foles in 2012.  I would have preferred that at the time because I had seen Cousins play as already noted.above and had shown leadership at Michigan State. 

Of course, does Cousins stay here with Chip as HC?  Does Cousins show enough so Chip does NOT trade him for Bradford like he did Foles?  

Does Cousins show enough that the Eagles go forward with him and DON'T trade pick #8 and so forth to get Pick #2 from the Browns?  

And finally, does Cousins if he's here show enough where they are have him locked up and not playing the franchise tag with him that has made him wealthy down in Washington with near-complete control of where he goes next season (since the Redskins would have to pay him $35 Million next year if they franchise him again)?