NE.Jon

Kaepernick still no job

3 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

I'm going to go off the assumption you actually want to be informed about this. So here you go:

The first link is in the words of an ex-police officer in regards to how minorities are treated by Police. 

https://www.vox.com/2015/5/28/8661977/race-police-officer

This second link is the details of a case 12 police officers have made against the NYPD in regards to arrest quotas and pressure the departments put on officers to violate the rights of minorities. 

https://www.scribd.com/document/356846939/Officer-Craig-Matthews-v-NYPD-New-York-City

Also related to the second link, the third link is a class action lawsuit the city of New York settled, 900k bogus arrest were thrown out as a result. The vast majority of those arrested falsely were Black and Latino. The bring this into further context, these are people who were arrested for no reason and many of them, held in jail and unable to make bail due to their economic situation. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/city-agrees-settle-suit-bogus-summonses-75-million-article-1.2953546

The fourth link shows how Black people are more likely to be arrested for drugs, even though white people use drugs at the same rate. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/09/30/white-people-are-more-likely-to-deal-drugs-but-black-people-are-more-likely-to-get-arrested-for-it/?utm_term=.5b6f82e4e9fa

The problems in Baltimore, New York, and St Louis are real and need to be addressed.

I had not heard about the 900k bogus arrests.

First, the war on drugs is stupid and needs to end. It is a huge waste of time and money.

Second: This country needs real prison reform. You should still be treated like a human if you wind up behind bars.

Third: The idea of forcing bail on poor people and three strikes / plea bargains is disgusting. This is not in itself racist, but is a rich vs poor issue.

Fourth: As the author alludes - statistics are messy if you are comparing a white kid selling drugs in his private school bathroom to a black kid selling drugs on a street corner. That's not racism, its committing crimes in secret vs in public.

On 9/28/2017 at 6:59 PM, NE.Jon said:

Most likely .... He loves to forget he is white as well  

His name...is "Colin"

On 9/28/2017 at 9:51 AM, RPeeteRules said:

PFT is saying that the CFL called Kaepernick to play, but he only wants to play in the NFL.  Is he against foreign countries now?

His pride won't allow him to.  Shows how self absorbed he really is.  He thinks way too highly of himself. If he loved the game 1/2 as much as he loved himself he would go to the CFL and leave the racist NFL and America be. 

On 9/29/2017 at 11:35 PM, skippyx said:

The problems in Baltimore, New York, and St Louis are real and need to be addressed.

First, the war on drugs is stupid and needs to end. It is a huge waste of time and money.

Second: This country needs real prison reform. You should still be treated like a human if you wind up behind bars.

Third: The idea of forcing bail on poor people and three strikes / plea bargains is disgusting. This is not in itself racist, but is a rich vs poor issue.

Fourth: As the author alludes - statistics are messy if you are comparing a white kid selling drugs in his private school bathroom to a black kid selling drugs on a street corner. That's not racism, its committing crimes in secret vs in public.

I cant speak for st louis as a whole but that incident is the wrong kind of example to use. How many people is the poor victim endangering leading police on a high speed chase? Noone ever wants to talk about that 

As for Baltimore...the problems there run far deeper than the police department. Are the cops crooked? Yes. Is there a large percentage of people in that area who choose drug dealing, murdering, and crime as a way of life? Yes ! Do they want to better the community? No they dont. The freddy gay incedent was not racial yet it quickly became that once black lives matter got involved and innocent white people started being beaten for no reason other than being white by angry, hateful people. Yet somehow white people cant be targets of racism huh? Yeah lets have an open discussion. Somehow the innocent whites deserve it for being privledged? B.S.

New York is all about the mighty dollar more than anywhere else. 

On 9/29/2017 at 11:35 PM, skippyx said:

Ok, so you say the issues in Baltimore, New York, and St. Louis need to be addressed. Ok, define those problems. I'm not sure if you're talking about police brutality or something else. 

I agree about the War on Drugs. It is stupid and it needs to end. Especially considering it began as a way to target black people. Don't believe me? https://www.forbes.com/sites/eriksherman/2016/03/23/nixons-drug-war-an-excuse-to-lock-up-blacks-and-protesters-continues/#3bcbf04042c8 A Nixon aide admitted it was started to target black people. 

I agree on the prison reform as well. We can begin by stopping the practice of outsourcing prisons to private corporations. These private corporations add occupancy minimums into their contracts with the State Govt. You would think a prison being under 90% occupied would be progress, but for the State, they are looking at fines from the company maintaining the private prisons and they adjusted accordingly. This is also why we are seeing arrest quotas in some Police Departments. Overall, crime has been going down for decades and continues to fall, but unfortunately that simply isn't good for business. 

Yes, poor white people are affected by our terrible bail system as well. So yes, it is a rich/poor issue, but considering the targeting of minorities they are disportionately targeted more than white people are. The roots of it may not be racial, but it is being used to target a demographic far more than another. Whether you believe race plays a part or not, at least we can agree that it needs to be changed. 

Now your last point I just can't agree with. You've taken a very narrow-minded scenario of your choosing and pretended every single white kid selling drugs is doing it in a school bathroom, and every black kid is doing it on a street corner. Where are you getting that from? 

On 9/29/2017 at 10:55 PM, skippyx said:

One of the worst things about the liberal propaganda hatred of imagined 2017 White America is this:

The claim that America is the most racist place in the world and all white people are evil or at least complicit.

Try to study the history of the world and even current world news.

If you still think America is in the top 100 racist countries than you are an idiot.

Humans see others that don't look like them as different. Not all act on it.

Buddhists are killing Muslims in Myanmar, but that's nothing compared to America, right?

Kaep was surrounded by modern slave states in Africa when he **** on America on twitter for 19th century slavery.

There are obviously racists in America. There are obviously gun problems in this country. There are obviously police brutality issues in general.

There are obviously some police who prefer to brutalize non-whites.

None of this should be tolerated, but White People are not demons.

Another liberal spew is the idea of the evil of 'The Man' or a white power structure.

Many of the powerful were born in the 1950s. In the 50's White People made up 89.5% of the population. How dare most of the old school power brokers be White!

In 50 years these 60 year old people will be 63% White. In another 50 years they will be 42% White.

There will be a natural distribution of power just based on population.

If Hispanic, Asian and Indian Americans (from India) are better off at that time then Black people, it won't be because of White racism.

Who in the world said all white people were racist? What is this rant even in reference to? 

3 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

I cant speak for st louis as a whole but that incident is the wrong kind of example to use. How many people is the poor victim endangering leading police on a high speed chase? Noone ever wants to talk about that 

As for Baltimore...the problems there run far deeper than the police department. Are the cops crooked? Yes. Is there a large percentage of people in that area who choose drug dealing, murdering, and crime as a way of life? Yes ! Do they want to better the community? No they dont. The freddy gay incedent was not racial yet it quickly became that once black lives matter got involved and innocent white people started being beaten for no reason other than being white by angry, hateful people. Yet somehow white people cant be targets of racism huh? Yeah lets have an open discussion. Somehow the innocent whites deserve it for being privledged? B.S.

New York is all about the mighty dollar more than anywhere else. 

If you are mentioning the St.Louis police officer who said,"I'm going to kill him", while doing a high speed chase and then in fact killed the suspect the first chance he got. Then went on to plant a gun in his car. Then yes, no one wants to talk about the high speed chase because the issue at hand is the executioner with a badge who did something illegal and got away with it. 

I take it you've never been to Baltimore. Yes, the cops are crooked. I'm glad you can admit that much, and isn't that what Kaep was protesting....? And furthermore, exaggerating doesn't help make your point at all. Saying "a large percentage of people in that area choose drug dealing and murdering as a way of life"? Really? What are your statistics for this? And do you happen to know how high crime areas are created? When you remove opportunities within the community, remove jobs, and have a severely underfunded school system, over time people will look to alternative forms of making money. I don't agree with it, but I do know that abusing those people's rights by crooked cops isn't the solution to the problem. Investing in the community and providing legal opportunities for employment is the solution. You see most drug organizations function like a pyramid scheme. The guys at the bottom of the pyramid, the street dealers,etc,. they don't even make minimum wage. When you provide opportunities for people who don't have any, they'll choose the legal way to make money(and more of it) over the illegal way. http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/12/summer-jobs-lower-violent-crime-rate-urban-teens If Baltimore( and yes I know it's a Liberal city, I don't give a F) actually wanted to make those communities better, they would invest in what they knew worked instead of voting with the state for more private prisons. 

New York is racist as hell. Trying to sum up everything I provided, by claiming they are only about the money is intellectually dishonest and shows you didn't look at the links I provided. We have current and former police officers who are admitting they were instructed to do arrest quotas and falsely imprison Black and Hispanic Americans in the communities they live, but to not do so once those same communities became gentrified. It is the very definition of racist behavior, but somehow you can't see or admit that. Maybe protesting isn't the answer, because some of you seem incapable of changing your mindset once you've been introduced to new information. 

The rest of your post, I'm sorry, it's biased right wing BS. The Freddie Gray incident was about two white police officers who brutally beat a black guy for running from him, then further worsened his health to the point of death by driving him in a paddywagon while not securing him. Exactly how do you figure it wasn't racial? And for once, try to stay on topic. No one said innocent white people should be targeted. 

5 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

The Freddie Gray incident was about two white police officers who brutally beat a black guy for running from him, then further worsened his health to the point of death by driving him in a paddywagon while not securing him. Exactly how do you figure it wasn't racial? And for once, try to stay on topic. No one said innocent white people should be targeted. 

Eh...

The Freddie Gray incident was 6 police officers 3 white 3 black. The riots dissipated the moment the pictures of the cops were released.

While it was a clear example of police brutality its questionable at best if it was racially motivated. 

Also Freddie Gray had a rap sheet about a mile and a half long. That's why he initially ran.

5 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Eh...

The Freddie Gray incident was 6 police officers 3 white 3 black. The riots dissipated the moment the pictures of the cops were released.

While it was a clear example of police brutality its questionable at best if it was racially motivated. 

Also Freddie Gray had a rap sheet about a mile and a half long. That's why he initially ran.

And the officers were taught that choke hold in the police academy.  

Questionable training methods, certainly.  Brutality with intent to kill...highly doubtful.  

The state of Policing in this country is shameful, and not a point of pride. People should be aware of who and what they are defending. I completely understand people being offended by some kneeling in protest during the anthem. Despite a veteran asking Kaep to do that instead of sitting, I get it. But to make it seem like he has no reason to protest because of his wealth, or because it's some made up liberal lie is just dumb. Too dumb for some of you to fall into that trap. Police officers aren't the best of our society. Actually, they have a higher rate for some pretty heinous crimes than the citizens they are supposed to be protecting and serving. https://www.policemisconduct.net/statistics/2010-q2-npmsrp-police-misconduct-statistical-report/

I guess having "consensual" sex with a young girl you arrested is just perks of the job. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/nyc-teen-claims-nypd-cops-raped-arrest-drug-charge-article-1.3530054

8 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Eh...

The two cops who made the arrest, prior to the other 4 showing up, were two white males. You don't know why Freddie ran, I don't either, because he's dead. You don't get to choose whatever motive for a decision you want on a dead person. Furthermore, I don't believe he had any active warrants. Just because you have a record shouldn't mean you should run from police by default. Although, if you speak to Baltimore residents they'll tell you a BCPD officer will kick you a** for looking at them too long. Maybe Freddie didn't want to get his a** kicked that morning. I don't know, I'm surely not going to speculate he was up to no good with zero proof. 

14 minutes ago, RUEagle said:

And the officers were taught that choke hold in the police academy.  

Questionable training methods, certainly.  Brutality with intent to kill...highly doubtful.  

Questionable is an understatement. Gray's spine was 80% severed. We also have no video of the actual arrest, yet we have video for everything that led up to the arrest. So we don't know if it was a chokehold that did it, or if one of the officers did more than that. Considering how there is a camera on every corner in that neighborhood, and the one camera that should've caught the arrest didn't with zero explanation, I'm going to lean on it being more than a chokehold that can sever someone's spine. 

9 minutes ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

The two cops who made the arrest, prior to the other 4 showing up, were two white males. You don't know why Freddie ran, I don't either, because he's dead. You don't get to choose whatever motive for a decision you want on a dead person. Furthermore, I don't believe he had any active warrants. Just because you have a record shouldn't mean you should run from police by default. Although, if you speak to Baltimore residents they'll tell you a BCPD officer will kick you a** for looking at them too long. Maybe Freddie didn't want to get his a** kicked that morning. I don't know, I'm surely not going to speculate he was up to no good with zero proof. 

Hence why I said questionable at best. No evidence either way.

Also, while BPD doesn't have a good track record by any stretch, neither does Baltimore. If I'm not mistaken, I believe around 300 black people were killed in Baltimore the same year Freddie Gray was. 

Just now, vincent_NJG said:

Hence why I said questionable at best. No evidence either way.

Also, while BPD doesn't have a good track record by any stretch, neither does Baltimore. If I'm not mistaken, I believe around 300 black people were killed in Baltimore the same year Freddie Gray was. 

High rates of crime doesn't justify police brutality and misconduct. Honestly, mentioning the rate of crime means exactly what in regards to police behavior? That it's ok? As I stated before, there is a way to improve these communities and lower the crime rate, but these cities aren't doing it for whatever reason. 

Just now, NIBGoldenchild said:

High rates of crime doesn't justify police brutality and misconduct. Honestly, mentioning the rate of crime means exactly what in regards to police behavior? That it's ok? As I stated before, there is a way to improve these communities and lower the crime rate, but these cities aren't doing it for whatever reason. 

I never justified anything. 

Police brutality is a major issue as is police corruption which BPD has been exposed as being rife with.

The issue is labeling all of it as racially motivated with no proof of such.

The same happened with Keith LaMont Scott in Charlotte and Sylvia Smith in Milwaukee where BLM rioted and started attacking white people even though in both instances it was a black cop doing the shooting.

There are millions of imbecilic sheep who think Kaepernick is just a nice guy who has never said or done anything wrong. They also think he is just as good as Tom Brady or Drew Brees, but his teammates let him down. They think there are 32 racists owning NFL teams and 32 racists as GMs and 32 racists as coaches. They think the stands are full of racists.

They believe this because it fits their agenda to believe it. Or they believe it because someone told them to believe it.

Here is reality. Harbaugh chose poorly by even letting Kaepernick be his starter. Alex Smith had them on the way to the Super Bowl before Kyle Williams happened.

Last 24 starts - Kaepernick 4-20 Smith 20-4 (current) 18-5-1 (his last 24 as a 49er who was benched for it)

Smith is a 12 TD 2 INT playoff QB. He beat Drew Brees in a shootout in the playoffs.

If Harbaugh takes a fumbler out of the NFCCG before he can later muff a punt, Smith has a good chance of being a back to back Super Bowl champ.

Smith took over a truly dreadful team in SF 2005 as a rookie and he never approached anything near 4-20. (He went 9-15 in his first 24)

Smith took over a 2-14 Chiefs team and went 17-7 in his first 24.

4-20 means you find ways to lose games. It means you are not a leader. It means you suck.

As I said before, David Carr on expansion Houston could not even suck bad enough to hit 4-20. (He went 6-18 in his first 24)

Blaine Gabbert was 4-9 on the same 49er teams that this loser dragged to 4-20.

The only QB who I could find who was worse than this was Archie Manning who finished out 4-33. (he's a career 35-101-3 QB)

17 hours ago, NIBGoldenchild said:

Questionable is an understatement. Gray's spine was 80% severed. We also have no video of the actual arrest, yet we have video for everything that led up to the arrest. So we don't know if it was a chokehold that did it, or if one of the officers did more than that. Considering how there is a camera on every corner in that neighborhood, and the one camera that should've caught the arrest didn't with zero explanation, I'm going to lean on it being more than a chokehold that can sever someone's spine. 

I’m actually confusing it with a different arrest.  I was thinking of the NYPD one.  

14 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Count the Titans as another playoff contender that would rather throw the season than sign Kaepernick.

Oh come on now, starting Kaepernick is throwing the season as well.  Let's not annoint him as a Tom Brady now.

Signing him, at best, wins you, what two more games?  He wasn't taking the 9ers to the playoffs, he certainly can't take a new team, with a new offense, with new players, in a new system to the playoffs after already missing the first 5 weeks of the season, all of preseason and all of any training camp.

Add to all of that the publicity that would be heaped on the team, and every single decision/conversation made before during and after the game, and who the hell would possibly want to volunteer for that?  Seriously.  Personal feelings aside.  He's not going to come in and rattle off 8 wins in a row on a team he has no familiarity with.  Why would you take your franchise and run it through the ringer like that?

If he gets sacked 5 times in a game, there'll be speculation that the o-line doesn't want to protect him.

Calling a play that runs him out of the pocket...coaches are out to get him.

PLaying conservative and having him hand the ball off too much...coaches aren't being fair with him.

There would be no way to win with this hand.

His best shot at coming back to the NFL is to play and succeed in the CFL.  Go win a Grey Cup and the phone will ring.

13 hours ago, skippyx said:

There are millions of imbecilic sheep who think Kaepernick is just a nice guy who has never said or done anything wrong. They also think he is just as good as Tom Brady or Drew Brees, but his teammates let him down. They think there are 32 racists owning NFL teams and 32 racists as GMs and 32 racists as coaches. They think the stands are full of racists.

They believe this because it fits their agenda to believe it. Or they believe it because someone told them to believe it.

Here is reality. Harbaugh chose poorly by even letting Kaepernick be his starter. Alex Smith had them on the way to the Super Bowl before Kyle Williams happened.

Last 24 starts - Kaepernick 4-20 Smith 20-4 (current) 18-5-1 (his last 24 as a 49er who was benched for it)

Smith is a 12 TD 2 INT playoff QB. He beat Drew Brees in a shootout in the playoffs.

If Harbaugh takes a fumbler out of the NFCCG before he can later muff a punt, Smith has a good chance of being a back to back Super Bowl champ.

Smith took over a truly dreadful team in SF 2005 as a rookie and he never approached anything near 4-20. (He went 9-15 in his first 24)

Smith took over a 2-14 Chiefs team and went 17-7 in his first 24.

4-20 means you find ways to lose games. It means you are not a leader. It means you suck.

As I said before, David Carr on expansion Houston could not even suck bad enough to hit 4-20. (He went 6-18 in his first 24)

Blaine Gabbert was 4-9 on the same 49er teams that this loser dragged to 4-20.

The only QB who I could find who was worse than this was Archie Manning who finished out 4-33. (he's a career 35-101-3 QB)

LOL, so you got one stat, his W-L record over his last 24 games and you basically gonna write it backwards and inside out for a couple paragraphs like a high school kid BS'ing on his test. BTW, W-L for Qb's is even more dubious than it is for MLB pitchers, there's a reason its not an official stat.

His career W-L record is actually pretty good.  His stats both traditional and peripheral are solid enough also.  Stop BS'ing your way through the discussion, he's no Tom Brady but he is DEFINITELY one of the top 25-40 Qb's in the game, backed by the stats and the tape.  He is DEFINITELY better than a half dozen Qb's who will start this sunday and he is DEFINITELY a better option to keep a team like the Titans afloat until Mariota gets back.

28 minutes ago, Vee said:

Oh come on now, starting Kaepernick is throwing the season as well.  Let's not annoint him as a Tom Brady now.

Signing him, at best, wins you, what two more games?  He wasn't taking the 9ers to the playoffs, he certainly can't take a new team, with a new offense, with new players, in a new system to the playoffs after already missing the first 5 weeks of the season, all of preseason and all of any training camp.

Add to all of that the publicity that would be heaped on the team, and every single decision/conversation made before during and after the game, and who the hell would possibly want to volunteer for that?  Seriously.  Personal feelings aside.  He's not going to come in and rattle off 8 wins in a row on a team he has no familiarity with.  Why would you take your franchise and run it through the ringer like that?

If he gets sacked 5 times in a game, there'll be speculation that the o-line doesn't want to protect him.

Calling a play that runs him out of the pocket...coaches are out to get him.

PLaying conservative and having him hand the ball off too much...coaches aren't being fair with him.

There would be no way to win with this hand.

His best shot at coming back to the NFL is to play and succeed in the CFL.  Go win a Grey Cup and the phone will ring.

You are just pulling Madden playbooks and conspiracy theories out your arse.  Kaepernick is a borderline starting quality NFL QB and his scrambling ability makes him ideal to come in and make some plays in any system.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

You are just pulling Madden playbooks and conspiracy theories out your arse.  Kaepernick is a borderline starting quality NFL QB and his scrambling ability makes him ideal to come in and make some plays in any system.

Really?  Because it sounds like youre running the Madden playbook here.  You're telling me that a QB from another team, another system and other players can roll into a new team, without any training camp or prep and just magically understand how to call plays and make the reads that the system demands?  Really?

That's amazing.  If you think Kaep, or any QB can waltz onto a team 5 weeks in with no camp or training and rattle off a bunch of wins, I will simply disagree with you.  

You have officially created Kaep into this unbelievably gifted QB who can simply prance on to an NFL team and win games.  Thats just simply incredible.  With those kinds of talents you'd have thought he could have won more than 4 games in the last two season for the team he DID practice and train with.

Could he do a decent job had he been picked up in training camp or the preseason, sure. Way better than Weeden, I'll agree with that, but lets not pretend that there really is a player out there that can come in cold in Week 5 on a new team and make a helluva difference.  They're gonna run dumbed down plays, hand the ball off and rely on defense and some luck.  

17 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Count the Titans as another playoff contender that would rather throw the season than sign Kaepernick.

He's got bad knees and teams know it. He can't stand for the 2 minutes to sing the anthem prior to games is clear evidence of that.