NE.Jon

Kaepernick still no job

1 minute ago, jfluke said:

All sorts of elected officials  (both parties) make it to various public events. Are taxpayers paying for all of them? 

Did anyone, but you, mention Trump tower? 

Its an analogy. They have to cover 2 residences.

In this case they have to cover where Pence is staying, the route he travels, and a football stadium.

You don't think they increase security for this?

Thank you. I see they estimated over 200k. Not sure how accurate that really is, but at least it is a source.

I’m really not in the mood for this conversation, so I just searched "how much did mike pence's nfl game cost taxpayers”, and found that. The number I had previously heard was $240-250K.

Just now, skippyx said:

Its an analogy. They have to cover 2 residences.

In this case they have to cover where Pence is staying, the route he travels, and a football stadium.

You don't think they increase security for this?

Again, public officials have attended different events for years. No one cared before, why care now? 

I would assume the VP was an invited guest. If so, wouldn't the team/league need to pony up for extra security. 

3 minutes ago, jfluke said:

Again, public officials have attended different events for years. No one cared before, why care now? 

I would assume the VP was an invited guest. If so, wouldn't the team/league need to pony up for extra security. 

I think the stink on it is that he did it for a stunt where he protested a protest and walked out without watching the game.

If I do that at a bad movie, I am out 10 bucks. When he does it, 200k.

He also has a boss that wants to let people in Puerto Rico die because he wants to be fiscally responsible.

Its very bad optics.

1 minute ago, vaff84 said:

I’m really not in the mood for this conversation, so I just searched "how much did mike pence's nfl game cost taxpayers”, and found that. The number I had previously heard was $240-250K.

Thing is, every flight in the military can be considered training. Having served in the Marine Corps air wing, I can tell you that every day, flights to nowhere are made. Adding a destination just breaks up the monotony for the crew.

Not saying I approve if any political stunt. Just that costs of this sort are sometimes exaggerated. 

1 minute ago, skippyx said:

I think the stink on it is that he did it for a stunt where he protested a protest and walked out without watching the game.

If I do that at a bad movie, I am out 10 bucks. When he does it, 200k.

He also has a boss that wants to let people in Puerto Rico die because he wants to be fiscally responsible.

Its very bad optics.

Re:Puerto Rico.

The federal govt responded as quickly as possible. In fact, the response was qucker and better than any president I can remember.

There is a left wing mayor down there denouncing the president. But the governor says otherwise. In fact, one of the diatribes the mayor made was done in front of cargo containers of relief supplies. The issue getting the supplies to those in need, seems to be a union strike by truckers.

As for the political stunt aspect, I can agree that is unsavory. I just dont see it as any worse, fiscally speaking, as anything thats been done before by others of all parties.

6 hours ago, jfluke said:

Thing is, every flight in the military can be considered training. Having served in the Marine Corps air wing, I can tell you that every day, flights to nowhere are made. Adding a destination just breaks up the monotony for the crew.

Not saying I approve if any political stunt. Just that costs of this sort are sometimes exaggerated. 

like the low flybys over the barracks at crack of dawn in 29 palms ... waking us all up .......  

Not looking for debate. Just curious, I'm wondering what the legal standard is for Colin to prove collusion. 

The whole problem I have here is he feels entitled.  He acts as if he should be signed to a team no matter what. If a team doesn't want to sign him for what ever reason whom is he to file a law suite that days they have to. That's like me going to the highest paid company here and saying u have to hire me just because I'm entitled to have this job. 

1 hour ago, Erie said:

Not looking for debate. Just curious, I'm wondering what the legal standard is for Colin to prove collusion. 

You would think they would have to have some of the owners saying , on record that they don't want him because of his protests.  He isn't entitled to work for the nfl..its a privilege 

55 minutes ago, giggity_goo said:

You would think they would have to have some of the owners saying , on record that they don't want him because of his protests.  He isn't entitled to work for the nfl..its a privilege 

There would have to be some type of smoking gun for sure. Emails, texts, etc. Something along those lines where they all agree not to hire him. Simply pointing out that guys like Weeden/Fitzpatrick/etc having jobs and not him definitely won't be enough. If that's the crux of his argument then I can easily see why the NFLPA isn't involved.

3 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

like the low flybys over the barracks at crack of dawn in 29 palms ... waking us all up .......  

Lol. Reveille, Reveille, Reveille. 

Lol. Reveille, Reveille, Reveille. 

I spent most my time recovering from hangovers from either the clubs in Riverside or Sneaking down to TJ for $10 all you can drink beer.  usually, TJ  has my lifestyle and my e4 paycheck did not play well together  :D 

53 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

There would have to be some type of smoking gun for sure. Emails, texts, etc. Something along those lines where they all agree not to hire him. Simply pointing out that guys like Weeden/Fitzpatrick/etc having jobs and not him definitely won't be enough. If that's the crux of his argument then I can easily see why the NFLPA isn't involved.

Weeden/Fitz having gigs really proves nothing considering that guys like RG3 can't even get a phone call.

Just now, vincent_NJG said:

Weeden/Fitz having gigs really proves nothing considering that guys like RG3 can't even get a phone call.

Exactly, yet I still see that argument being thrown around all the time. A friend of mine tried using it yesterday when we were talking about it. "Weeden and a bunch of other garbage QB's having a job over Kaep kinda proves it." No it doesn't at all. I think he's going to have an impossible time trying to prove collusion unless he has a text/email/something tangible that clearly shows it.

52 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

Bla...heres the facts

As a back up qb he uses the media and national anthem to start a political protest drawing attention away from his team and onto himself.

Then he creates more controversery by wearing pig socks and probably upset alot of corporate sponsorships resulting in threats on funding cuts 

He then opts out of his contract. Im sure he figured he was getting a big payday somewhere because he overestimated his own value 

Seattle brings him in and passes on him. The ravens were contemplating signing him and his girlfriend slanders their owner and a h.of. player. (she could have been sued) 

He gets a cfl offer and rejects an opportunity to show his love for the game. Moon and garcia both played their way into the nfl but apparantly kap is too good for the cfl.

The true social injustice is that kap feels he can slander without consequence and is entitled to being paid millions of dollars. Owners have a right not to hire him if they feel hes a detriment to their team ! 

All these players feel so strongly about all this political crap huh? Did they sit out on kaps behalf and risk their own checks? Of coarse not lol

I agree. Seems like he doesn't have a leg to stand on as far as the collusion accusation goes. Unless, of course, he has something tangible that we don't know about. I'm guessing he's just throwing a bunch of crap at the wall and hoping that some of it sticks.

26 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

I agree. Seems like he doesn't have a leg to stand on as far as the collusion accusation goes. Unless, of course, he has something tangible that we don't know about. I'm guessing he's just throwing a bunch of crap at the wall and hoping that some of it sticks.

IDK why he’s suing all 32 teams. The poster above just knocked 3 teams off the list including his former team which he opted out of second year. Then you have 29 teams left. 

All 29 teams do not have a need for his position either as a starter or back up. Then even the teams that have a need for a qb simply may not feel he is a good fit or they simply feel like his protest is a distraction (rightly or wrongly). 

NFL Owners for the most part want to win. If any felt Kap was a difference maker that could bring them a title - he would be employed.

I'd be shocked if the colluded not to hire Kap. Most just don't want the distraction he brings to be a back-up.

19 hours ago, vaff84 said:

And if you look at Obama's vacations to his homeland in Hawaii or the 15 other places

he visited over 8 yrs. in office you'll find that he spent millions upon millions of $$.

They all do it in their own way. But with Trump / Repubs everything gets blown up or blown out

of proportion because the media & all Libs hate Trump & all Repubs and want to discredit them

any way they can. 

7 hours ago, Procus said:

Where are the threads about RG3 not having a job?

Because despite eerily similar stats compared to Kaepernick, and the Heisman trophy winning 2012 OROY son of military parents, we know damn well his attitude and fragility just isn't worth having him as a backup.

People either get it or they don't.

It's like when T.O. was at the end and got cut from Seattle. The talking heads went on and on about how Owens was still good enough to at least be a 3rd or 4th receiver in the NFL.

The truth was, it didn't matter. If TO had a drama free history, he would have probably had another 2 years in the league. Instead, no team felt a diva who was guaranteed to drag a media circus with him with potential to divide the locker room who was at the end of his career.

Simply not worth it. Teams would much prefer the lesser talented guy you never heard fighting for his job and willing to go all out on special teams.

This isn't complicated

12 hours ago, giggity_goo said:

The whole problem I have here is he feels entitled.  He acts as if he should be signed to a team no matter what. If a team doesn't want to sign him for what ever reason whom is he to file a law suite that days they have to. That's like me going to the highest paid company here and saying u have to hire me just because I'm entitled to have this job. 

Agreed.

I was pretty neutral on the whole thing before, but at this point Kap has to realize that he isn't just an "ordinary free agent". He started this "activist" movement and it's fair that he should have had some sort of press conference to address some things.

Now with him going this route, it just doesn't feel right. What's his angle? Can't be money and he is definitely not going to prove collusion. Especially with hiring a Hollywood attorney.