NE.Jon

Kaepernick still no job

On 5/10/2017 at 9:27 PM, Pallidrone said:

Isn't he on the Bucs right now?

30 years old and out of the league. I'd rather sign T.O., at least he can catch a ball.

5 hours ago, mike030270 said:

This is going to be fun to follow. Are these billionaire owners going to pull a Hillary?

That depends on a number of variables. Mostly it depends on what the f** you mean by "pull a Hillary."

1 minute ago, BCEagle said:

That depends on a number of variables. Mostly it depends on what the f** you mean by "pull a Hillary."

Thought that was pretty clear. Play stupid and destroy the devices

Here is a mock interview:

Thanks for submitting your application Colin. We just have a few questions.

Is it true that your former employer was so disappointed in your performance that you lost your job to Blaine Gabbert, TWICE? While you were demoted, how did you work to get back into that starting role? You did what? As the backup? As a nobody on the bench with a guaranteed contract? Do you feel that distracted to what your coach and starting QB were trying to do to win games? When you got the starting job back did your pre-game actions help you to win games? Do you even care about winning games?

Is it true that you quit right before you were to be fired because your new boss found you utterly incapable of running a complex forward pass based offense?

We view the QB position as a leadership role. Have you ever dated anyone that your teammate was previously dating? Do you understand that this can erode your ability to lead?

Tell us about your biggest weakness. You can begin with your 4-20 record in your last 24 starts if you like. Would you like to take the credit for getting to the Super Bowl and then blame your teammates for your failures? Or is your record a reflection on your inability to deliver the leadership and plays required to win games when your team is not perfect around you?

We reached out to Steve Biscotti. Is it true that your girlfriend called him a racist slave owner and you silently supported her?

We reached out to every NFL owner who contributed to the Republican presidential candidate in the 2016 election including me. Did you attack us for that on social media? Did you even vote against this candidate that you claim to despise?

We understand that some police are bad but we have great respect for most police officers. Did you call all police Slave Patrol and Pigs?

Ok, thanks for your time. We will let you know when hell freezes over.

8 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

He’s suing the nfl for not giving him a job he opted out of:roll:

He could of been traded to the broncos too if he would of taken a pay cut. 

Whats funny has he actually sat the first 2 games in the preseason but was not in uniform ... It was not until the 3rd game that anyone noticed and after a message from the 49ers he sat for the anthem .  He was still dealing with a Sore arm at start of preseason so Gabs got the start in those games ...  Now that I look back at all of it , it really really looks more like sour grapes . How was he protesting when he never said a word and no one noticed for 3 games . Poor Kap was having a poor me pitty party  and when caught ... seemed to make crap up almost 

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick said, via NFL.com. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder.

11 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Funny how kaep started this and no one actually states he is the reason they do the protest. 

What i find most funny is how uncreative these guys are. I mean why does every protest always get directed toward the anthem? Thats why all of it has no meaning. It was misplaced to begin with. I mean wouldnt kap have been better off organizing a social event and using hos power of the media to promote as opposed to just take a knee and start talking about it? Now everytthing any player feels upset about turns into...we are gonna do this or that during the anthem. Thats whats hillarious. There is no meaning or any true cause behind any of these attention seekers actions anymore. 

As a footnote richard sherman in the process of trying to make others look bad has really shown his own true colors over the last few years. A weak minded, selfish, thin skinned bigot.

WOW  and  people  were upset of Kap not getting signed by Texans ... This just goes to show how messedup the media  and how they can hide things .   Kap makign jokes about the Floods ....  Yea he said sorry   but that was after .   F this dude .  Bunch of articles  about it just google ... because most places tried to hide it 

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/colin-kaepernick-has-social-media-faux-pas--jokes-about-houston-flooding-004653706.html

If nothing else, Tuesday's unfortunate joke should teach San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick to be a little more careful on social media, especially when it comes to a tragic event.

Kaepernick posted an unfunny and pretty regrettable joke to his Instagram account about the floods in Houston. He referenced his jersey No. 7 in the joke, saying "I warned you the #7tormsComing !!! #Houston." He deleted the post shortly after he posted it but it's not like it's possible to completely erase that from the Internet, given how many people follow Kaepernick (h/t to NBC Bay Area).

There has been massive flooding in Houston. According to ABC News, at least five people were dead as of Tuesday evening.

First, Kaepernick tweeted out a quick apology.

A couple hours later, after hearing plenty about his dumb message on social media, Kaepernick offered a more complete apology.

That does seem like a sincere message from Kaepernick. He clearly made an error in judgment, and it didn't take long for those on social media to let him know about it.

- - - - - - -

Frank Schwab is the editor of Shutdown Corner on Yahoo Sports. Have a tip? Email him at 

Screen Shot 2015-05-26 at 5.18.12 PM

Guy didn't help his cause when he decided to sue the NFL. Who does he think he is, Jerry Jones? :lol:

It only gets worse and worse ..... FFS  this guy is gonna start thinking he is Jesus  

Colin Kaepernick hasn't played in an NFL game in 317 days but he's now more (in)famous than ever because he was the first player to kneel for the national anthem to protest social injustice. The movement has grown in the months since, thanks, in part, to an unlikely source: President Donald Trump, who referred to kneeling players as "sons of b------" during a September speech that widened the partisan divide on the issue nationally, but also served to strengthen the resolve of NFL players who protested en masse in the days following Trump's remarks.

All because Kaepernick took a knee during a preseason game in August 2016. And now Kaepernick is on the cover of the GQ Men of the Year issue as its Citizen of the Year.

Kaeperick was on the GQ cover in 2013 for completely different reasons: He was one of the NFL's best young players. Four years later and a lot has changed. From the GQeditors:

When we began discussing this GQ cover with Colin earlier this fall, he told us the reason he wanted to participate is that he wants to reclaim the narrative of his protest, which has been hijacked by a president eager to make this moment about himself. But Colin also made it clear to us that he intended to remain silent. As his public identity has begun to shift from football star to embattled activist, he has grown wise to the power of his silence. It has helped his story go around the world. It has even provoked the ire and ill temper of Donald Trump. Why talk now, when your detractors will only twist your words and use them against you? Why speak now, when silence has done so much?

But others have taken up Kaepernick's cause, including former teammate Eric Reid, who has continued his anthem protest this season.

"My goal this year has been to get the narrative back on track," Reid told GQ. "We started having communications with the NFL, and they said they're going to help us make progress on these issues. But the next step is to get Colin back in the NFL. Because he's the one that started this. I think we're finally getting where me and Colin envision this going. Now it's time for him to get back in the league.

"These issues are real, and people know they're real. But some will do anything to distract from that, to change the narrative, and it's gotten Colin blackballed from the NFL. The Bible talks very explicitly in Proverbs about being the voice of the voiceless and speaking up for the vulnerable. Another verse is: "Faith without works is dead." I guess selfishly I'm trying to get to heaven."

Reid isn't alone in his protests or wanting to see Kaepernick play again. In October, Seahawks defensive end Michael Bennett said that any negotiation between the league and its players as it relates to the anthem should only happen after an NFL team signs Kaepernick.

"I think the first step to even being able to even have a conversation is to make sure that Colin Kaepernick gets an opportunity to play in the NFL," Bennett said at the time. "I think before we even negotiate anything about whether we sit or whether we stand should be a negotiation about opening up the doors for Colin Kaepernick and give him an opportunity again, because I feel like through everything that's been lost, I think all of us are having opportunities to be able to speak to our employers, but to think about the guy who started everything not to be able to have a voice at this moment, it just doesn't seem very right to me."

Despite the demand for starting-caliber NFL quarterbacks outstripping supply, Kaepernick remains a free agent.

I can't wait for him to be asking me if I want fries with my order. He'll have to wait for my hand to come off my heart once the anthem I'm playing is done first to find out though. :usa: