NE.Jon

Kaepernick still no job

Liberal losers* are now talking about P-diddly and Kaep buying the Panthers. RTK has a better shot at buying the team with a suitcase full of his own money he printed up with Koy Detmer's face on the bills.

*I know, like, and respect many liberals. The ones who blindly defend Kaep because they ignorantly see him as politically aligned are worthless fools.

1 hour ago, skippyx said:

Liberal losers* are now talking about P-diddly and Kaep buying the Panthers. RTK has a better shot at buying the team with a suitcase full of his own money he printed up with Koy Detmer's face on the bills.

*I know, like, and respect many liberals. The ones who blindly defend Kaep because they ignorantly see him as politically aligned are worthless fools.

Have you noticed that the majority of those that blindly defend Kaep, don't actually watch football?

Thats the best part. They pull out his 2016 stats but don't even know what they mean. They are always confused when you bring up the "Pistol offense".

4 hours ago, mike030270 said:

I wonder how the fans would feel if Cam was benched for Kaep

They'd feel funny inside. Wait no that'd be me because that'd be Fn hilarious.

This is what people who actually bother to read both sides of this issue understand.

Kaepernick is more Anti-American than Kim Jong Un. KJU just wants us to leave him alone. Kaepernick hates us because his sperm donor had brown skin.

The NFL will never let an ownership group include such a disgusting human being.

( If this post is beyond your comprehension and you somehow require links to his bad behavior for clue one at the end of 2017, go back under your rock you ignorant pathetic worthless sack of garbage)

im not trying to stoke any flames and i think he is as wrong as anybody could be for his stance but i think we should sign Kaepernick.  He is mobile in the pocket has a great arm and has 3 weeks to learn the offense.  Were going to get killed with Foles the statue back there and the goal is to win a superbowl.  No way we can play the pats or steelers and win with foles behind center Just my opinion.  Maybe thank god im not calling the shots

On 12/26/2017 at 10:08 AM, krwilson2 said:

im not trying to stoke any flames and i think he is as wrong as anybody could be for his stance but i think we should sign Kaepernick.  He is mobile in the pocket has a great arm and has 3 weeks to learn the offense.  Were going to get killed with Foles the statue back there and the goal is to win a superbowl.  No way we can play the pats or steelers and win with foles behind center Just my opinion.  Maybe thank god im not calling the shots

3 weeks to learn an offense he never played in on top of not playing football for a year. Yeah, that should work out beautifully

25 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

How is this fraud still relevant?

Probably because he is the first QB in league history to be sacked five times and throw for fewer than five yards in a game.

On 12/26/2017 at 9:08 AM, krwilson2 said:

You’re last sentence was about the only smart one in your entire post. Great job

It's official. His job title is "Professional Pawn."

I don't think this is a bad business move. The people who "would boycott" don't buy Nike products anyway.

10 hours ago, SBorBust said:

I don't think this is a bad business move. The people who "would boycott" don't buy Nike products anyway.

Yup. It's like everyone's favorite media pawn David Hogg telling Smith & Wesson people won't buy their guns.

I could not care less they chose him as one of the spokespeople, maybe now he and his stans will STFU about not having an NFL job. I'll still buy Nike stuff (at Marshall's of course, can't afford that ish at full price :lol:)

Well...  I can honestly say that I have about 9 pairs of Nikes in my closet and wear them fairly regularly. 

I will not be buying a 10th pair. 

13 hours ago, SBorBust said:

Disagree with that.  Everyone buys Nike's.  Now there's a large contingent who won't.  We'll see if the free publicity generated from the controversial move offsets the costumers they'll lose. 

9 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Well...  I can honestly say that I have about 9 pairs of Nikes in my closet and wear them fairly regularly. 

I will not be buying a 10th pair. 

I think Nike might regret this a bit . Will it hurt them greatly no .... But it would be nice . The add is outrageous. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/04/nike-shares-tumble-after-company-reveals-new-ad-campaign-featuring-colin-kaepernick.html

Nike shares fall as backlash erupts over new ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick

• Nike shares are falling Tuesday morning after the company revealed a new ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick.
  • The news of Kaepernick, who in 2016 decided not to stand for the national anthem to protest racial injustice, becoming the face of Nike marketing sparked some backlash from consumers on social media.
  • #NikeBoycott was trending on Twitter, with some people saying they were going to burn their Nike sneakers.
Published 1 Hour Ago  Updated 24 Mins AgoCNBC.com

Nike shares fell Tuesday morning after the reveal of a new ad campaign for the 30th anniversary of "Just Do It," featuring former 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, pulled a wave of responses, both for and against the marketing materials, on social media.

The stock was down more than 2 percent in early trading, as #NikeBoycott was trending on Twitter.

On Monday, Kaepernick shared a photo of the campaign on his Twitter account. He's been a polarizing figure in the sports universe ever since he decided not to stand for the national anthem during a 2016 preseason football game to protest racial injustice.

Kaepernick has been a Nike-sponsored athlete since 2011, a source familiar with the deal told CNBC. Until this week, it was unclear how Nike would work again with the athlete. Kaepernick had previously been featured in several campaigns for Nike football and training. However, he's not currently signed with a National Football League team.

Working with Kaepernick after his protests with the NFL, Nike is now seeing backlash from protesters on social media, though there are also plenty of people backing the campaign. Other athletes including Serena Williams, LeBron James, Lacey Baker, Shaquem Griffin and Odell Beckham Jr. are also being featured in the ads, according to Nike. But Kaepernick has taken the spotlight.

The idea of the campaign is to showcase athletes overcoming obstacles, a source familiar with the ads said. A photo of Williams playing tennis says, for example: "Girls from Compton don't play tennis. They own it." Another one of Beckham Jr. playing football reads: "Don't wait until you've won a ring to play like it."

Tweeting #NikeBoycott, some people were saying they were going to burn their Nike sneakers or cut the swoosh logo off their socks because of the ad with Kaepernick.

Our Soundman just cut the Nike swoosh off his socks. Former marine. Get ready @Nike multiply that by the millions.

Some people were also saying Tuesday that former Arizona State University and Arizona Cardinals football player Pat Tillman should've been the face of the new Nike campaign. Tillman left the NFL to join the army after 9/11 and later died in Afghanistan.

Just putting it out there that Pat Tillman sacrificed just a *bit more than Colin Kaepernick.

"While Nike has been doing relatively well in a sports market that is under pressure, it cannot afford to make bad decisions," GlobalData Retail Managing Director Neil Saunders said. "Anything which has the potential to damage market share, such as overtly political campaigns, should be avoided."

Nike has recently started to see a "return to growth" in North America, which has been a sluggish spot for sales for numerous athletic apparel and sneaker brands thanks to a wave of wholesalers' bankruptcies. The company has, as a result, been investing heavily in building out its own e-commerce platform and refreshing stores, with the goal of selling more directly to consumers.

Nike is set to report quarterly earnings later this month. Its shares have climbed about 30 percent so far this year. Nike has a market cap of roughly $127.9 billion.

— CNBC's Jessica Golden contributed to this reporting.

:roll:

I will still buy Nike if they make quality stuff. They used to, then they outsourced to cheap sweatshops and didn't cut the price. Now everybody does this.

I am surprised 'Just Do It' lasted so long. I thought it sounded like a lazy catchphrase 30 years ago.

Just now, toolg said:

:roll:

I will still buy Nike if they make quality stuff. They used to, then they outsourced to cheap sweatshops and didn't cut the price. Now everybody does this.

I am surprised 'Just Do It' lasted so long. I thought it sounded like a lazy catchphrase 30 years ago.

Ive been really happy with UA and Adidas.  Puma has come up back from the dead as well.   But UA has to be my fav now 

Vick had a job because he could play after coming out of jail; Kap does not because he cannot play.  Look at his numbers from the pocket, it didn't work and like RGIII, the Run read option or whatever was going to get them killed, and was all they could pull off for a number of years.  It's over.  It's not like we're keeping the on the field QB talent of Montana or someone.

5 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Ive been really happy with UA and Adidas.  Puma has come up back from the dead as well.   But UA has to be my fav now 

I never wore UA sneakers but I tried a pair of UA cleats once. I was pleased. I know they outsource.