NE.Jon

Kaepernick still no job

1 minute ago, toolg said:

I never wore UA sneakers but I tried a pair of UA cleats once. I was pleased. I know they outsource.

I love the shoes , Im on my 4th pair . I was always Nike / Adidas prior.  I got my wife her first pair and she loves them as well 

So a company that pays it's employees nickels to make their product is now supporting a guy that started kneeling for oppression and that guy is going with it? The irony

2 hours ago, IceColdBrewski said:

2h6kqx.jpg.679515cef309a07fce9a0400ef22881d.jpg

Woah woah woah! Al Bundy scored 4 TDS in a championship game!

Many years later, he again powered past Bubba Smith for a TD in a high school hallway!

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Woah woah woah! Al Bundy scored 4 TDS in a championship game!

Many years later, he again powered past Bubba Smith for a TD in a high school hallway!

I know right!!? Al was great at football 

Couldnt care less. I usually try on 5 or 6 pairs of shoes and whichever feels better I buy. Brand doesnt matter and I never boycotted anything.

Just got a pair of Nike training shoes for the gym and they are great.

Just when i thought we done hearing about this no talent thug, congrats Colin, nike felt sorry for your dope and gave you a job, and in the process gave half the country the middle finger

I never understand people burning jerseys and whatnot so I don't understand ruining your stuff over this

Why use Kaep though? Seems strange to use him as the face. He hasn't played in awhile and even when he was it's not like he was better than Cam or Wilson

It is hilarious though that Nike made the face of their campaign the guy that is claiming collusion from the owners

2 hours ago, dutchman063 said:

Just when i thought we done hearing about this no talent thug, congrats Colin, nike felt sorry for your dope and gave you a job, and in the process gave half the country the middle finger

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000958222/article/nfl-issues-raised-by-kaepernick-deserve-attention

NFL =  :afro:

16 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

I don't understand ruining your stuff over this. Why use Kaep though?

It is hilarious though that Nike made the face of their campaign the guy that is claiming collusion from the owners

Mike Francessa was talking about this today on WFAN. Nike doesn't care.

Even if they piss off 70% of America most of their profits come from someplace

else across the sea. And to many of them Kaep appears to be a hero.    :chair:  

21 hours ago, SBorBust said:

It's official. His job title is "Professional Pawn."

I don't think this is a bad business move. The people who "would boycott" don't buy Nike products anyway.

Exactly. Nike is trying to appeal to the often young and indoctrinated buyer who has more money than sense. Nothing wrong with that, businesses have made $billions following a similar playbook.

8 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Exactly. Nike is trying to appeal to the often young and indoctrinated buyer who has more money than sense. Nothing wrong with that, businesses have made $billions following a similar playbook.

I am not a Kaepernick fan.  A failing player who was never a good role model on or off the field and suddenly he's Malcolm freakin' X.  There are literally hundreds of other players who have done MUCH more for thier communities that deserve the attention Kaep has gotten. 

All of that said, "this is America", getchyo' money black man.  Collin Kaepernick is a global brand name for social justice whether he deserves it or not.

Nike can do what they want.

Kaepernick can do what he wants.

The NFL can do what they want.

The problem is only with the irrational clowns who think Kaepernick and Reid are not disqualified from ever playing in the NFL because they are very public a-holes. That is not a conspiracy. It is 32 individual people who judge those men on their lack of character.

The angle that the NFL owners are the KKK is offensive, stupid, and dangerous. Its more faux "white people are the problem for global racism" BS.

The only racism in the whole equation is the Kaep defenders who think of an Asian woman, a bunch of Jewish men, a Persian man, and various other men as 32 party leaders from Germany in the '40s. Paul Allen and Bob McNair being treated as if they were the same person is textbook racism.

I always tried to be fair and look at both sides but, this is just getting stupid. It will be interesting to see how the NFL reacts to this cause Nike is their main apparel maker. Now Nike is supporting someone who the NFL is trying to get away from

I don’t get the anger. People have been asking for players to find a way to protest and support their cause without disrespecting the flag. Nike just gave the players the window. The NFL should be thanking Nike. If more players and companies get on board to support the cause then kneeling could end all together.

Because the message on the ad is tone deaf IMO

11 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Collin Kaepernick is a global brand name for social justice whether he deserves it or not.

This begs the question: If a cause is just does it matter that it was built upon a lie? (I'm just speaking in general terms. I'm not specifically talking about this case.)

2 hours ago, paco said:

1 hour ago, NE.Jon said:

I think Nike forgot a true man who gave it all up .... 

Image result for pat tillman

Bingo

nike never said anything negative about tillman...or that kaep sacrificed more than tillman did.  nike never claimed any of that.  i didn't see nike compare kaep sacrificing his nfl career to tillman sacrificing his life for his country...because it didn't happen.

it's a strawman created by a bunch of 'murica fueled/easily fooled, simple minded trumpbots.  burn your sneakers, idiots. 

2 hours ago, paco said:

19 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

nike never said anything negative about tillman...or that kaep sacrificed more than tillman did.  nike never claimed any of that.  i didn't see nike compare kaep sacrificing his nfl career to tillman sacrificing his life for his country...because it didn't happen.

it's a strawman created by a bunch of 'murica fueled/easily fooled, simple minded trumpbots.  burn your sneakers, idiots. 

if you can't tell the difference between Pat and Kap  I feel sorry for you .  If you don't understand and can only insult I feel even sorrier. Kap didn't give up anything, he quit. He could of went to Broncos he didn't .... He shot himself in the leg with the Ravens and then again with the Phins.  Whoever said Nike said anything bad about Pat ??? It's pointing out Pat truly gave up everything for his beliefs .....