NE.Jon

Kaepernick still no job

10 hours ago, skippyx said:

Nike can do what they want.

Kaepernick can do what he wants.

The NFL can do what they want.

The problem is only with the irrational clowns who think Kaepernick and Reid are not disqualified from ever playing in the NFL because they are very public a-holes. That is not a conspiracy. It is 32 individual people who judge those men on their lack of character.

The angle that the NFL owners are the KKK is offensive, stupid, and dangerous. Its more faux "white people are the problem for global racism" BS.

The only racism in the whole equation is the Kaep defenders who think of an Asian woman, a bunch of Jewish men, a Persian man, and various other men as 32 party leaders from Germany in the '40s. Paul Allen and Bob McNair being treated as if they were the same person is textbook racism.

Yeah Jeffrey Lurie is the man who gave Mike Vick a break.  Again I will repeat, I am with the players on this one.  The protests are both appropriate and within their rights.  However, Kaepernick is a fake idol.  The reason this guy doesn;t have a job is because on TOP of of being a hypocrite that never gave to the community until after he was getting flak for kneeling during the anthem, he is also a lazy student of the game who wants to be paid like a starter and get attention like a star.

It pisses me off that this moron will get money and fame as a social justice champion over guys like Malcolm Jenkins.  It pisses me off to have people who don't know a damn thing about football telling us why Kaepernick has no job.

And to be fair, i have said multiple times there definitely is a level of collusion keeping him out of the league.  Kaepernick should win this case, but IMHO he should get less than $10m out of it because that's where his career was headed, to failed backup and out of the league in 3 years.

3 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

if you can't tell the difference between Pat and Kap  I feel sorry for you .  If you don't understand and can only insult I feel even sorrier. Kap didn't give up anything, he quit. He could of went to Broncos he didn't .... He shot himself in the leg with the Ravens and then again with the Phins.  Whoever said Nike said anything bad about Pat ??? It's pointing out Pat truly gave up everything for his beliefs ..... 

what are you babbling on about?  tell the difference between pat & kap???  that's exactly what i was saying in my post.  kap getting a nike deal has nothing to do with tillman...nothing.  it's not a sleight against what tillman gave up.  that was the entire point of my post.  

of course tillman's was the greater sacrifice.  my point is that one has nothing to do with the other.

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

what are you babbling on about?  tell the difference between pat & kap???  that's exactly what i was saying in my post.  kap getting a nike deal has nothing to do with tillman...nothing.  it's not a sleight against what tillman gave up.  that was the entire point of my post.  

of course tillman's was the greater sacrifice.  my point is that one has nothing to do with the other.

Its a perfect example of one vs another. My problem with Kap has nothing to do with protests. Its him as a person and the crap he has done and is doing . Yet Nike chose to make him a poster boy ?  Like I already listed ... the Ravens crap , the Castro shirt , the pig socks ...  Dont even get me started on his tweeter.  I would even respect him more if he was real .... He started the whole thing the same time he was benched. So was he living a lie before or is he now ?  Kap grew up better then most people dream of. Trust me I understand more then most people know. Now all of a sudden he wants to play race card / victim BS.  Its the 21st century ....     

55 minutes ago, NE.Jon said:

Its a perfect example of one vs another. My problem with Kap has nothing to do with protests. Its him as a person and the crap he has done and is doing . Yet Nike chose to make him a poster boy ?  Like I already listed ... the Ravens crap , the Castro shirt , the pig socks ...  Dont even get me started on his tweeter.  I would even respect him more if he was real .... He started the whole thing the same time he was benched. So was he living a lie before or is he now ?  Kap grew up better then most people dream of. Trust me I understand more then most people know. Now all of a sudden he wants to play race card / victim BS.  Its the 21st century ....     

Couldn't agree more.

Nike is promoting him as someone who sacrificed his career for what he believed in.

I always say it's pretty convenient that he didn't believe in it prior to losing his starting gig.

He's always been a fraud. Even as a player. He fell apart as soon as the pistol offense was figured out

8 hours ago, NE.Jon said:

well said

What a bunch of idiots burning Nike crap they already paid for.  I doubt anybody burned their $130+ Air Max or Tns, or 180+ Foamposites.  All I see is a bunch of Burlington Coat Factory, Shoe Barn, Kohls 29.99 buy 1 get 1 half off old "grass cutting" Monarchs.  

14 hours ago, mike030270 said:

It’s good but I still don’t know why they used him

That that is a nice ad. Really makes no sense to use a guy who grew up priviledged and then flamed out as a player.

Use someone that had to scratch and claw their way to greatness.

Use James Harrison, Kurt Warner, Jason Peters, Warren Moon, etc.

1 hour ago, vincent_NJG said:

That that is a nice ad. Really makes no sense to use a guy who grew up priviledged and then flamed out as a player.

Yup. All he did was narrate the video and show up at the end. Anyone could have done it. They could have used someone else and their story too

On 9/5/2018 at 11:16 PM, mr_hunt said:

nike never said anything negative about tillman...or that kaep sacrificed more than tillman did.  nike never claimed any of that.  i didn't see nike compare kaep sacrificing his nfl career to tillman sacrificing his life for his country...because it didn't happen.

it's a strawman created by a bunch of 'murica fueled/easily fooled, simple minded trumpbots.  burn your sneakers, idiots. 

Reading some of the responses in the article is just sad. You can tell the family aren't happy they're using Tillman for political crap. Nobody should be speaking for someone that isn't here to speak for themselves. 

It's kind of messed up that the maker of NFL gear is now supporting someone that kneels after the NFL just started this whole mess with telling them to stay in the locker room. 

Actually thinking of someone they should have had in the ad and that's Ryan Shazier. I wonder if they asked him and he turned them down? 

4 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

or even Joe Delaney

6 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

The irony of kap now being paid 7 figures to be the face of a "believe in something/sacrifice EVERYTHING” campaign is just...  well...Amazing. 

Btw isn’t he sueing the nfl for his "sacrifice”? 

Like I said... amazing. 

1 hour ago, SNOORDA said:

The irony of kap now being paid 7 figures to be the face of a "believe in something/sacrifice EVERYTHING” campaign is just...  well...Amazing. 

Btw isn’t he sueing the nfl for his "sacrifice”? 

Like I said... amazing. 

exactly ....

3 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

20180906_084330-1008x756.thumb.jpg.d0076874b94eea0153c919122d41b732.jpg

The new Pegasus. Comfy, right? 

Although I'm not sure why a fatty like you would need running shoes. :-)

27 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

The new Pegasus. Comfy, right? 

Although I'm not sure why a fatty like you would need running shoes. :-)

....and get some black socks for goodness sakes ?

"Two years ago, Colin Kaepernick sat on the bench during the national anthem for the first time before the San Francisco 49ers played the Green Bay Packers in a preseason game. This was the statement he gave after the game explaining why he was protesting: "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

When Kaepernick and I met and talked just six days later, a few hours before the 49ers were set to play the San Diego Chargers, we discussed a lot, but more importantly we listened to each other. I wanted him to stand and he had pledged to sit during the anthem, but we found middle ground: Colin would take a knee, making his statement about police brutality while also respecting the men and women who fought and died for what our flag is supposed to represent.

The men who have followed in Kaepernick's footsteps say they are not protesting the anthem itself, they are demonstrating during the anthem. It's an important distinction to understand. Personally, I do not endorse Kaepernick's method of protest but I absolutely support his right to do so. That is an unpopular place to stand these days, in the radical middle, defending someone you somewhat disagree with…. It's hard for me to grasp why this is so difficult for people (from both ends of the political spectrum) to understand. It's OK to be different, it's what makes us the same - embrace it and remember that nobody's a perfect patriot, especially not me."

--- former Seahawks long snapper Nate Boyer (a former Green Beret)