NE.Jon

Kaepernick still no job

On 9/6/2018 at 2:19 PM, BKLYNYG said:

The new Pegasus. Comfy, right? 

Although I'm not sure why a fatty like you would need running shoes. :-)

:lol: 

Kaep is not evil. He is just an idiot.

• He was so disgusting that he will never play in the NFL again on merit.
  • You are free to boycott Nike like people boycotted the Dixie Chicks

People who have a problem with either bullet point are dangerously stupid.

On 12/20/2017 at 12:11 PM, vincent_NJG said:

Have you noticed that the majority of those that blindly defend Kaep, don't actually watch football?

Thats the best part. They pull out his 2016 stats but don't even know what they mean. They are always confused when you bring up the "Pistol offense".

Statistics say he should be playing:

To say he isn't on a team because of merit is laughable.

58 minutes ago, nods politely said:

Stats can be deceiving and his 2016 stats were massively inflated by 2 garbage time games.

How easily we forget that this guy was benched for NFL bust Blaine Gabbert prior to his protest. Why? Because he was faceplanting. He had be figured out. Kaepernick was an excellent fit for the "pistol offense". The pistol offense has already been figured out and mostly phased out. 

The most comparable qb to Kaep is probably RG3. Like Kaep, he exploded onto the scene and due to the offensive system, had inflated stats. Later on, he started trending downward after his injury but still put up decent numbers. Eventually he's benched and outperformed by his backup Kirk Cousins.

RG3 was dramatic as well. He had to spend a year out of football but showed he wanted to play. He's currently on the Ravens. A team that offered Kaep a contract until his gf disrespected the owner and the all time best player.

The year after Kaep won a single game with the 49ers, his fans pointed to the team struggles they were going through in 2017 and claimed that it was clearly the team and not Kaep. Then San Francisco trades for Jimmy Garappolo who proceeded to win 5 straight.

Is Kaepernick good enough to be a backup? Sure. Backup QBs can't have drama. Kaepernick is mediocre and dramatic. You can be one or the other. Can't be both.

Its really that simple

5 hours ago, nods politely said:

Who cares? He is not on a team because he is a horrible human with garbage hot takes.

Of course he is a better player than Nathan Peterman, but he also hates America, and cops, and Cuban Americans.

The ‘his stats are league worthy even though he is a complete loser with a 4-20 record’ is a straw man argument that only exists in a world where his inner circle did not call Steve Biscotti a plantation owner.

Try that tactic the next time you go job hunting and see how it works for you.

10 hours ago, skippyx said:

Who cares? He is not on a team because he is a horrible human with garbage hot takes.

Of course he is a better player than Nathan Peterman, but he also hates America, and cops, and Cuban Americans.

The ‘his stats are league worthy even though he is a complete loser with a 4-20 record’ is a straw man argument that only exists in a world where his inner circle did not call Steve Biscotti a plantation owner.

Try that tactic the next time you go job hunting and see how it works for you.

So much hate. Hmmmm. 

On 9/9/2018 at 9:17 PM, vincent_NJG said:

Stats can be deceiving and his 2016 stats were massively inflated by 2 garbage time games.

How easily we forget that this guy was benched for NFL bust Blaine Gabbert prior to his protest. Why? Because he was faceplanting. He had be figured out. Kaepernick was an excellent fit for the "pistol offense". The pistol offense has already been figured out and mostly phased out. 

The most comparable qb to Kaep is probably RG3. Like Kaep, he exploded onto the scene and due to the offensive system, had inflated stats. Later on, he started trending downward after his injury but still put up decent numbers. Eventually he's benched and outperformed by his backup Kirk Cousins.

RG3 was dramatic as well. He had to spend a year out of football but showed he wanted to play. He's currently on the Ravens. A team that offered Kaep a contract until his gf disrespected the owner and the all time best player.

The year after Kaep won a single game with the 49ers, his fans pointed to the team struggles they were going through in 2017 and claimed that it was clearly the team and not Kaep. Then San Francisco trades for Jimmy Garappolo who proceeded to win 5 straight.

Is Kaepernick good enough to be a backup? Sure. Backup QBs can't have drama. Kaepernick is mediocre and dramatic. You can be one or the other. Can't be both.

Its really that simple

RG3 was on a team until this summer, given quite an adequate chance to see if he could play.  Kapernick was benched for Gabbert by the no talent Chip Kelley and the SF front office.

Kapernick is out of the league over politics.  Anyone who says otherwise is twisting the facts.

1 hour ago, nods politely said:

RG3 was on a team until this summer, given quite an adequate chance to see if he could play.  Kapernick was benched for Gabbert by the no talent Chip Kelley and the SF front office.

Kapernick is out of the league over politics.  Anyone who says otherwise is twisting the facts.

Everything you said was wrong

RG3 was deactivated the entire 2015 season then released from the Redskins

He was signed by Cleveland for the 2016 season but got hurt in the first game.

He was released on March of 2017 and was unemployed up until the Ravens picked him up in April of 2018.

Colin Kaepernick was originally benched at the halfway point of 2015 in favor of Blaine Gabbert by Jim Tomsula because he play was absolutely embarrassing. This is prior to any form of activism by him.

The following training camp, Colin Kaepernick lost the quarterback battle to the same NFL bust Blaine Gabbert and the very first preseason game of the season, Kaepernick decided to protest. 

After Gabbert predictably played poorly, Chip Kelly inserted Kaepernick and it really didn't get any better. He even had a game where he had less passing yards than sack yards.

Just once in Kaepernick's career did he even average over 200 yards passing per game. In today's NFL, that's not too good

I stated that Kaepernick is good enough to be in the league as a back up (which he refused) but that hes not really worth the drama.

Kaepernick was benched by 2 different coaches in favor of an NFL bust prior to any political activity. Always keep that in mind.

9 hours ago, nods politely said:

There is no doubt that if Kapernick didn't do this, he'd be on a team somewhere. I agree with you that anyone who doesn't believe that is twisting the facts. 

That said, he's not good enough for a team to want to deal with the media circus that will follow him. He's a backup, at absolute best. Why would you want the media circus that will follow for a back up QB? I don't know if there is collusion or not (I'm actually very interested to see how this law suit shakes out), but I absolutely understand a team that says, meh I don't want to deal with the BS that will follow. To a lesser extent, I think thats why Tebow was out of the league so quickly too.

I have no problem with what Kaepernick did, but does he really want to play?  If he was dying to get on the field, he could've gone up to Canada and broke every record they have and won a championship.  People would be screaming for him to be signed on their team across the league.

He's getting paid to virtue signal now.  Why bother with injuries and CTE?

Its not the kneeling.

Its all the disgusting social media and idiotic interviews.

If you have not read the Castro interview transcripts then why are you even talking about Kaep?

Ignorance is a disease and the cure is Google.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article117033883.html

Actions have consequences and Kaepernick's self banishment from the NFL is his.

Would you wear Nike Air Castros and Nike Air Slave Patrol sneakers? (with Nike Air Pig Cop socks of course)

If the answer is no then you are anti-Kaepernick and we are just having a debate over degrees of disagreement.

Is it just me or have they stopped airing the Nike commercials? I haven’t seen any Nike commercials in several days while watching baseball, college football

4 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

Is it just me or have they stopped airing the Nike commercials? I haven’t seen any Nike commercials in several days while watching baseball, college football

i haven’t seen any either

7 minutes ago, NCTANK said:

i haven’t seen any either

There was a report that sales went up 30% so you would think we wouldn’t be able to get Nike off the tv right now. 

19 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

I think Nike was always factoring in free advertisement on social media from the controversy as part of its marketing strategy.

1 hour ago, Thunderfarts said:

I think Nike was always factoring in free advertisement on social media from the controversy as part of its marketing strategy.

Yeah no doubt.

But I gotta feeling Kaps gunna get quietly cut from team Nike sooner rather than later.  

Just a hunch

at the end of the day, winners sell shoes(Al Bundy withstanding) not losers. 

LOL this is too funny ... Kap lawyer talks so much crap its not even funny.  I would love to see him get on a team and watch it all unfold while I eat popcorn  :D 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/20/mark-geragos-hints-that-raiders-patriots-may-be-interested-in-colin-kaepernick/

Mark Geragos hints that Raiders, Patriots may be interested in Colin Kaepernick

Posted by Mike Florio on September 20, 2018, 3:23 PM EDT

Getty Images

Colin Kaepernick hasn’t been on an NFL regular-season roster since the 2016 season. That possibly could be ending soon.

Attorney Mark Geragos recently hinted to TMZ.com that something could be happening soon. Of course, Geragos acknowledged that he’s made similar claims in the past that did not come to fruition.

"I’ve been pilloried for the idea that I said a year ago he’s gonna get a contract in 10 days,” Geragos said. "I would just say stay tuned, that next week there may be some news.”

He then said that’s as far as he’s going to go. Before going farther.

Geragos said Kaepernick has been watching Dolphins games, because of the presence of receivers Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson, the two remaining players who kneel during the anthem every week. So is Colin interested in playing for Miami?

"I’ve got two other teams that will remain nameless,” Geragos said. Before indirectly naming names.

"I’ll just say this, ‘If Al Davis was still alive.’ That’s all I’m gonna say.”

And then he said more. Asked whether he’s aware that Meek Mill is writing a Kaepernick anthem, Geragos said, "You know who Meek Mill was visited by when he was in custody?”

A voice off camera said, "Robert Kraft.”

"Bingo!” Geragos said with a smile.

A.J. McCarron serves as the backup to Derek Carr in Oakland, and Brian Hoyer currently resides at No. 2 on the depth chart in New England. Barring injury to either starter, Kaepernick wouldn’t play as a member of either team in 2018.

But at least he’d be on a roster and working on his skills as a member of a football team, making it easier for him to potentially land in the NFL next year. Or, possibly, to contend to be the starter in Oakland or New England next year, if either team decides it’s time to make a change.

It’s unclear whether a contract with an NFL team would prompt Kaepernick to abandon his collusion claim. Surely, however, a bona fide offer of employment could go a long way toward getting Kaepernick to not go through with an arbitration hearing that will be a cross between the trial in My Cousin Vinny and the Seinfeld finale, with owner after owner after owner being called to the witness stand for aggressive cross-examination by Geragos and Ben Meiselas.

The first thing to understand is that Florio lives in an alternate reality where Kaepernick is a hero above reproach and anyone who does not worship him is a Republican racist.

His website is a mix of football news and liberal propaganda.

Think of it as 90% football and 10% Liberal Breitbart

You don't get to put 32 NFL owners on the stand unless you have some shred of evidence that compels them all to testify.

• Ambulance Chaser: Mr Biscotti! How dare you not employ my client?
  • Biscotti: You mean the guy who called me a plantation owner?
  • Ambulance Chaser: My client never said that. It was his girlfriend!
  • Biscotti: Did your client take any steps to correct his girlfriend or get her to delete her post?
  • Ambulance Chaser: No
  • Judge: You are a bunch of idiots, case dismissed!

This article is the perfect example of Florio's alternate reality. He refers to Race Card Richie Sherman's pathetic identity politics as if it had merit and should be respected. I will go further on Sherman in a follow up post.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/02/richard-sherman-gets-to-the-heart-of-the-colin-kaepernick-situation/

Articles like that pretend there were no pig socks or Castro Shirts or manifesto of love for Cuba and hatred for America.

Also, morons who got a jock pass at a Communications degree from Stanford don't understand that 4-20 in your last 24 starts is not WINNING.

This is simple math and a bit of projection / estimation.

• The salary cap is about 180 million. 
  • 70% of players are black
  • There are 32 teams in the league
  • 180,000,000 x .7 x 32 = 4.032 billion

Black players in the NFL earn over 4 billion dollars a year (if you factor in that QBs are mostly white it could be a bit lower, but lets just say 4 billion)

A large reason that the salary cap is as high as 180 million is due to the work Jerry Jones has done as the head of the Television Committee.

You could extrapolate the following 2 statements from the information above:

1) No man in America has done more to grow African American wealth than Jerry Jones (400 million a year on a very conservative guess)

If you conservatively estimate that Jerry Jones was responsible for a 10% growth to the salary cap (he is responsible for far more)

2) The 1 million dollars that Colin Kaepernick donated AFTER being called out for not doing enough is bonus money that he received from Jerry Jones.

• That would be about 7% of his 2016 earnings.

Now that you have that information. When Jerry Jones and Dak Prescott have the same stance on the National Anthem and Race Card Richie calls out Jerry Jones for having "That old plantation mentality",  how can anyone treat Sherman as an adult?