NE.Jon

Kaepernick still no job

The Declaration of Independence was a direct cause of abolition in every northern state.

Several states and the Northwest Territory abolished slavery BEFORE France did so in their colonies in 1794

Pennsylvania freed all future children of slaves in 1780

Massachusetts freed all slaves in 1783.

Napoleon brought it back in 1802 and it was not truly abolished in French colonies until 1848.

England abolished slavery in their colonies in 1838.

The North was 40 to 55 years ahead of England BECAUSE they declared their independence.

Spain abolished slavery in Puerto Rico in 1873 and Cuba in 1888.

Timeline_of_abolition_of_slavery_and_serfdom

The Malcom X Plymouth Rock  'the rock landed on us' is a poignant and effective quote because it refers to 1620 and forward. (colonialism and slavery are the evil)

Singling out the Declaration of Independence as an evil slave document is asinine. (Only Kaepernick is the evil in that comment)

On 7/6/2017 at 2:32 PM, skippyx said:

The Declaration of Independence was a direct cause of abolition in every northern state.

Several states and the Northwest Territory abolished slavery BEFORE France did so in their colonies in 1794

Pennsylvania freed all future children of slaves in 1780

Massachusetts freed all slaves in 1783.

Napoleon brought it back in 1802 and it was not truly abolished in French colonies until 1848.

England abolished slavery in their colonies in 1838.

The North was 40 to 55 years ahead of England BECAUSE they declared their independence.

Spain abolished slavery in Puerto Rico in 1873 and Cuba in 1888.

Timeline_of_abolition_of_slavery_and_serfdom

The Malcom X Plymouth Rock  'the rock landed on us' is a poignant and effective quote because it refers to 1620 and forward. (colonialism and slavery are the evil)

Singling out the Declaration of Independence as an evil slave document is asinine. (Only Kaepernick is the evil in that comment)

We are still slaves and the earth is a plantation owned by the elites (nations). They control and own everything.

18 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

We are still slaves and the earth is a plantation owned by the elites (nations). They control and own everything.

Since the days of tribes of humans living by the sea (they had not yet learned animal husbandry / agriculture) man has sought dominance over the elements as well as those people(s) who might dominate him. Law of the jungle. The power elite rose to the top and began making rules & regulations (Bible, Magna Carta, Bill of Rights etc.) and try to get the masses to live under them thus consolidating power and exercising control. The various kingdoms of the ancient world gave way to the various civilizations & kingdoms on the Eurasian continent and we are all well aware of the barbarity of our history. Slavery is but one example of man's inhumanity to man whose time was over with the enlightening of many of the power elite.

You can call "all of this" a plantation and that we all slaves to it. Here in America I prefer to stay positive. I think of it as a capitalist state wherein, theoretically, each participant has an equal chance to rise above mere existence and enjoy the fruits of civilization, such as it is. It requires personal contribution and adherence to certain rules. I can live with that.      

But why not Arizona?

Blaine Gabbert and Drew Stanton both suck like vacuum cleaners.

All those old white season-ticket holders probably wouldn't like it though.

8 hours ago, TenOfSwords said:

But why not Arizona?

They will like it if he wins games for them.

14 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Unless he wins playoff games for them, it wouldn't be enough.

Seriously, a 4 win season isn't much better than a 7 win season.  Some could argue that its worse because at least a 4 win season gets you better draft pro prospects while a constant 7-9 - 9-7 season keeps you stuck in the same hopelessly hopeful seasons year after year.

16 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Kaepernick did manage to stay ahead of Christian Ponder on SF's depth chart - and Ponder is certainly better than Stanton, and maybe better than Gabbert too.

On 7/9/2017 at 8:20 AM, TenOfSwords said:

But why not Arizona?

Arians runs a big boy offense and Colin can only run around. That would be my guess.

Former Eagles quarterback Michael Vick had some surprising advice for Colin Kaepernick: Get a haircut.

Appearing on Fox Sports 1’s Speak For Yourself, Vick told host Jason Whitlock and guest host (and new Fox Sports hire) Mark Schlereth that he didn’t listen to suggestions to change his own image until very late in his career, when he attempted a comeback after spending 18 months in prison for financing and running a dog fighting ring.

"Listen, I’m not up here to try to be politically correct. Even if he puts cornrows in there. I don’t think he should represent himself in that way in terms of just the hairstyle,” Vick said. "Just go clean-cut. You know, why not? You’re already dealing with a lot of controversy surrounding this issue. The most important thing that he needs to do is just try to be presentable.”...

I get that altering his appearance may have helped Vick re-acclimate himself back into the NFL... But I'm not so sure it will work as well with Kaepernick. I don't think he is the caliber of player Vick was.

7 hours ago, toolg said:

Former Eagles quarterback Michael Vick had some surprising advice for Colin Kaepernick: Get a haircut.

I get that altering his appearance may have helped Vick re-acclimate himself back into the NFL... But I'm not so sure it will work as well with Kaepernick. I don't think he is the caliber of player Vick was.

Meh they were about the same, they just recognized Kap sucked sooner then they did Vick. 

Just now, bwestbrook36 said:

Meh they were about the same, they just recognized Kap sucked sooner then they did Vick. 

I disagree. Did you see Vick play before he went to prison? He won games by himself on offense for the Falcons. He is the fastest, and probably most athletically-gifted, player I have ever seen at QB. By the time he got to the Eagles he was close to 30 years old and lost a step. Kaep isn't even close.

Just now, toolg said:

I disagree. Did you see Vick play before he went to prison? He won games by himself on offense for the Falcons. He is the fastest, and probably most athletically-gifted, player I have ever seen at QB. By the time he got to the Eagles he was close to 30 years old and lost a step. Kaep isn't even close.

As a runner sure as a passer they were both pretty terrible. 

5 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

As a runner sure as a passer they were both pretty terrible. 

During Vick's performance 4th Q at MM2 Dec 2010 his passing was dead-on.

His running was exceptional.

He, Brent Celek, Jason Avant, Riley Cooper, Jeremy Maclin & DJax

all combined to create a  HISTORIC  win over the Giants at Giants stadium.   

20 minutes ago, McNabbIsGone said:

During Vick's performance 4th Q at MM2 Dec 2010 his passing was dead-on.

His running was exceptional.

He, Brent Celek, Jason Avant, Riley Cooper, Jeremy Maclin & DJax

all combined to create a  HISTORIC  win over the Giants at Giants stadium.   

Yes one of the few time Vicks passing matched his running ability then went to complete crap the rest of the time

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/colin-kaepernick-saga-cuts-against-the-grain/ar-AAoExsn?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

>> The comments made last week by former NFL quarterback Michael Vick about Kaepernick’s tonsorial selection and needing to cut his hair to look more &quot;presentable” to NFL teams were unfortunate, vacuous, and asinine. So, is the idea that a haircut is all that’s separating Kaepernick from a place in the NFL? He is being shunned because of his outspoken beliefs about racial injustice in America and polarizing choice of protest, plain and simple. <<

Take yer PC brain-washing and stick it!

Vick was asked for an opinion and he gave one. Don't like it b/c it may offend someone? (like you)   TFB!

Here's a clue for you, Skippy: Kaepernick presently looks like a terrorist! In fact, he looks like the off-spring of Osama Bin Laden! In this country that's not a good thing! Vick's suggestions (that he conform to a 'norm') would certainly give him a better shot at landing a job, and you're an  IDIOT  if you can't see that.

It may even give him a better shot at getting his message across. 

QB Colin Kaepernick, who went 3-16 the last two seasons, has been passed over this offseason by all 32 NFL teams.© File/Charles Rex Arbogast/Associated Press QB Colin Kaepernick, who went 3-16 the last two seasons, has been passed over this offseason by all 32 NFL teams.

I think a big part of the problem that a lot of people aren't seeing is that not only is Kaepernick terrible, but he's a distraction. So when people are saying "Oh but he's better than so-and-so" well yeah probably but is so-and-so going out wearing pig socks and acting like an idiot? Probably not. TenofSwords pretty much explained it with his Arizona example. Yeah he's probably better than Stanton and Gabbert, but no way in hell will that fanbase accept that. I'm not sure many (if any) fanbases would, and teams realize that. It's not worth the horrible PR for a below average backup QB.

The Vick situation was different, he was a generational talent (average passing aside) and IMO was involved with a slightly less polarizing issue. I say less polarizing because as many people were upset/angry about his dogfighting (I among them), I would wager that over twice as many people were angry over Kaepernick's kneeling during the anthem (IMO appearing to be disrespectful to the flag, whether that perception is right or wrong, is looked upon horribly in this country obviously). And while Vick got out of prison and apologized and changed himself, Kaepernick dug in with his divisive comments and then wore the pig socks.

tl;dr Kaepernick is an idiot and it'll be nice to watch a season of football without having to hear about him every damn game.

2 hours ago, BDAWK_4EVER said:

I think a big part of the problem that a lot of people aren't seeing is that not only is Kaepernick terrible, but he's a distraction. So when people are saying "Oh but he's better than so-and-so" well yeah probably but is so-and-so going out wearing pig socks and acting like an idiot? Probably not. TenofSwords pretty much explained it with his Arizona example. Yeah he's probably better than Stanton and Gabbert, but no way in hell will that fanbase accept that. I'm not sure many (if any) fanbases would, and teams realize that. It's not worth the horrible PR for a below average backup QB.

The Vick situation was different, he was a generational talent (average passing aside) and IMO was involved with a slightly less polarizing issue. I say less polarizing because as many people were upset/angry about his dogfighting (I among them), I would wager that over twice as many people were angry over Kaepernick's kneeling during the anthem (IMO appearing to be disrespectful to the flag, whether that perception is right or wrong, is looked upon horribly in this country obviously). And while Vick got out of prison and apologized and changed himself, Kaepernick dug in with his divisive comments and then wore the pig socks.

tl;dr Kaepernick is an idiot and it'll be nice to watch a season of football without having to hear about him every damn game.

Good luck with that. We are going to be reminded all year about how Kap would be better for ...

Only Cause Fallacy is the key to this argument.

Ignorant people think he is not on an NFL team ONLY because he protested.

The counterpoint to this ignorance is that every other protester is still in the league.

He has marketed himself as someone who hates:

• Police
  • Voting
  • America (Cuba and Castro are so much better)
  • The Declaration of Independence

Another 'beacon of the stupid' for his employment is his Super Bowl appearance.  Sure, he had a big part in that, but Alex Smith was 2x Kyle Williams from getting there the year before with that team. It is a team accomplishment but as the leader Colin should get credit. Here is the hypocrisy though. They want you to ignore his 4-20 record in the last 24 games because its just his team's fault. He would have been 21-3 if they had better players or something like that.

So the real reason each NFL front office individually does not want him are a combination of A + B + C + D + E + F + G and so on (or a limited selection of those reasons) instead of the moron's view that it is ONLY A (because he took a knee during the anthem).

A - protesting as a disgruntled backup

B - pig socks

C - being bad at football

D - not fitting any forward pass offense in 2017

E - Loving Castro

F - Becoming the BLM version of Trump on social media

G - He has not publicly shown even the slightest interest in playing football this year

You can look like Dennis Rodman if you are the best in the world at rebounding. Brent Burns can look like a caveman while being a Norris Trophy winner.  I would not suggest those looks if you are trying to rehab your image.

Vick has obvious expertise in this situation. They were similar players who both had huge public disapproval. Vick paid a huge price (actual prison time) and he said all the right things, was not allowed to have pets, and he still took a ton of grief without lashing out. He handled his second chance like an adult.

Kaep continues to behave like some Instagram Malcolm X wannabe. He uses social media like Trump does.

'The Declaration of Independence was written and signed by white dudes, so unfair!'

Vick was right in what he said, but people who have an agenda on this will destroy him in the misguided belief that it will somehow get them what they want. Colin's opinion is protected but lets throw stones ant Vick for his opinion.

Nobody wants a steaming pile of horse ish stinking up their locker room. As for being a 'top 25' QB, I assume you're speaking of it in the sense of the 32 starting QB's playing in 2017.

3 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

He's a top 25 NFL Qb, it's incredible he isn't signed.

32 teams have there QB .... no one needs a unhealty skinny Media **** Vegan BML activist cop hating race baiter as a back up .

13 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Nobody wants a steaming pile of horse ish stinking up their locker room. As for being a 'top 25' QB, I assume you're speaking of it in the sense of the 32 starting QB's playing in 2017.

Yup.  There are not 25 Qb's in the NFL better than Kaepernick on opening day.  With guys like Luck and Flacco hurt, you could make a solid case he is top 20.  When you look at the history of terrible Qb's spending 10-15 years in the league just for being a capable backup, much less starting quality, that is absolutely astounding that Kaep is unemployed.

At first I was doubtful that the blackballing was everything in this case and I said so in this thread.  But at this point there is no doubt to be had.

Flacco is injured and may be out 1 - 6 weeks . . . yet the Ravens passed on Kaep and signed an Arena Football QB.

Harbaugh discussed the situation saying that there were football considerations as well as "layers"  of other issues.

I'd say that pretty much encapsulates the Kaep situation. Too many "layers".

And if I was this journalist I'd either change my name or at least have a 'pen name':

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/peter-schmuck-ravens-fans-outraged-over-kaepernick-talk-need-some-perspective/ar-AAp1FQg?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp 

On 7/9/2017 at 9:20 AM, TenOfSwords said:

But why not Arizona?

Nothing is worse than being old and white, right?  They must be racists.  Especially the ones that wear Larry Fitzgerald jerseys.