NE.Jon

Kaepernick still no job

I know the "sports narrative" that ESPN is so high and mighty on it's on petard isn't seeing the big picture.  Colin Kaepernick hasn't been Super Bowl Colin Kaepernick since Jim Harbaugh left the Niners.  These talking heads on ESPN, or NFL Network who claim he's better than 50% of the NFL backups today?   There's no proof that's an accurate fact.  Kaepernick has been sub-par to mediocre since Harbaugh left.   This isn't just about politics, CK is not a very good QB at this time.  Not to mention, if the Ravens did sign CK, he would have to learn a new offense under John Harbaugh.  CK couldn't decipher the simplistic Chip Kelly offense, so what  makes one think that CK would master the modern WCO?  

Sometimes, it's not about race.  It's just the QB sucks today.  

On July 31, 2017 at 11:21 PM, toolg said:

At this point Kaepernick won't have a job in NFL unless there's a devastating injury somewhere (like Bridgewater in MN last summer). And that might not even be enough.... Kaep is almost 30 years old and has veteran status. You can make the case that teams would rather try their luck with a cheaper, younger QB. Blackballing has hardly anything to do with it...

I tell you what though, Ravens fans were up in arms around here when there were rumors he was coming to Baltimore. And they got Ryan Mallet backing up Flacco while he's out with a back problem, and just signed some no-name Arena league QB for third-string. Honestly I think I'd rather have Kaep (That makes me feel good about the Eagles QB depth!)

I saw this on another board; Kaepernick might as well go to CFL and resurrect his career there.

Baltimore where the N word is tossed around casually, go figure.

4 hours ago, Iggles said:

I know the "sports narrative" that ESPN is so high and mighty on it's on petard isn't seeing the big picture.  Colin Kaepernick hasn't been Super Bowl Colin Kaepernick since Jim Harbaugh left the Niners.  These talking heads on ESPN, or NFL Network who claim he's better than 50% of the NFL backups today?   There's no proof that's an accurate fact.  Kaepernick has been sub-par to mediocre since Harbaugh left.   This isn't just about politics, CK is not a very good QB at this time.  Not to mention, if the Ravens did sign CK, he would have to learn a new offense under John Harbaugh.  CK couldn't decipher the simplistic Chip Kelly offense, so what  makes one think that CK would master the modern WCO?  

Sometimes, it's not about race.  It's just the QB sucks today.  

Under a merit based system, you know like the one our president is trying to push as our immigration standard this guy would have had a job a long time ago. Just the NFL letting the racist babies perpetuate the last vestiges.

16 minutes ago, the guy in france said:

Under a merit based system, you know like the one our president is trying to push as our immigration standard this guy would have had a job a long time ago. Just the NFL letting the racist babies perpetuate the last vestiges.

He had a job and opted out. That's on him. He also wore his piggy/police socks and Castro shirts, on top of the anthem fiasco (which I don't personally care about). All of this for a mediocre QB and people are having a hard time figuring out why NFL franchises aren't interested. 

But hey, racism and stuff. Because that's just easier. 

49 minutes ago, Dawkins 20 said:

He had a job and opted out. That's on him. He also wore his piggy/police socks and Castro shirts, on top of the anthem fiasco (which I don't personally care about). All of this for a mediocre QB and people are having a hard time figuring out why NFL franchises aren't interested. 

But hey, racism and stuff. Because that's just easier. 

Yeah, I know, it doesn't exist. LOL ... you guys  ?. I'd say easily a top 50 QB i. e. he deserves a job and anything less is catering to the lowest common denominator. The guy took a pay cut to make a statement and I applaud that. I expect if the NFL allows this to continue, there will be many players kneeling to show their support. Get ready.

1 hour ago, the guy in france said:

Baltimore where the N word is tossed around casually, go figure.

The word is coach Harbaugh and GM Newsome both like Kaepernick. It's the owner Bisciotti that is dragging his feet and won't let him sign. I am guessing a lot of his season ticket holders already reached out and told him they would cancel if the Ravens signed him. 

15 minutes ago, the guy in france said:

he deserves a job and anything less is catering to the lowest common denominator. The guy took a pay cut to make a statement and I applaud that. I expect if the NFL allows this to continue, there will be many players kneeling to show their support. Get ready.

It doesn't take a genius to see that Kaep put his financial future in jeopardy for doing what he did.

I can't imagine there's too many willing to risk everything for him or his cause.

Unless, like him, they already have millions in the bank. 

1 hour ago, the guy in france said:

Yeah, I know, it doesn't exist. LOL ... you guys  ?. I'd say easily a top 50 QB i. e. he deserves a job and anything less is catering to the lowest common denominator. The guy took a pay cut to make a statement and I applaud that. I expect if the NFL allows this to continue, there will be many players kneeling to show their support. Get ready.

No one is saying that racism doesn't exist.

What owners and most FOs are saying is that they don't want that level of distraction with a backup QB.

It just isn't worth it.

A complete media circus will follow with every press conference being all about Kaep. People aren't interested.

No one is clamoring for RG3 or Jay Cutler to have jobs and both are arguably better than Kaep.

Why?

Neither are worth the distraction.

Cutler with his attitude.

RG3 with his attitude/injuries

Kaep seems to care more about his activism (which he didn't give a damn about prior to getting benched) than playing football.

He's a flash in the pan mediocre QB who opted out of a huge contract.

Why do we care so much if hes signed or not?

43 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

What owners and most FOs are saying is that they don't want that level of distraction with a backup QB. It just isn't worth it.

A complete media circus will follow with every press conference being all about Kaep. People aren't interested.

No one is clamoring for RG3 or Jay Cutler to have jobs and both are arguably better than Kaep. Why?

Neither are worth the distraction. Cutler with his attitude. RG3 with his attitude/injuries

Kaep seems to care more about his activism (which he didn't give a damn about prior to getting benched) than playing football.

He's a flash in the pan mediocre QB who opted out of a huge contract. Why do we care so much if hes signed or not?

Great points . . . answer: we  don't care. The PC media does.

This is one of the best examples I've ever seen of a non-story being turned into a story by media types who have nothing better to do.

Now if Kaep ever opened a Pork-Chop / Spare Ribs Bar in Times Square that would be news-worthy!

2 hours ago, the guy in france said:

Nice straw man you created there. Nobody here is saying that racism doesn't exist. People just aren't buying into it as the reason why he's unemployed. The bottom line is that:

CK opted out of his contract.

CK wore piggy/police socks to practice.

CK wore a Fidel Castro shirt to a press conference.

CK sat for the national anthem (again, not a big deal to me but it is to many others).

CK draws negative attention to himself seemingly every time he opens his mouth.

He created this situation on his own. His supposed talent level isn't strong enough to out-weigh the negative image he's created for himself. It blows my mind that people are still struggling with this concept. A mediocre/fringe backup + pounds and pounds of baggage = no employment. Teams that are desperate for a QB aren't signing this guy. That should tell you all you need to know (hint: it's not racism).

3 hours ago, Dawkins 20 said:

He had a job and opted out. That's on him.

He also wore his piggy/police socks and Castro shirts, on top of the anthem fiasco  

I don't know if this is correct or not but has anyone noticed that the piggy socks are bad enough . . .  

but then to have them wrapped around your feet and inside of shoes is even more offensive?

I realize Kaep was raised Christian and he has a number of Christian tats on his body. But you have

to wonder if his 'piggy socks' have a Muslim flare to them.

A quickie Google search on Muslim views on feet & shoes just now produced these results:  

The shoe is considered dirty because it is on the ground and associated with the foot, the lowest part of the body. The shoe is such an offensive symbol that it is seen as culturally rude to cross an ankle over a knee and display the sole of the shoe while talking to another person. The shoe is also considered unclean in the Muslim faith and believers must remove them before prayers. Wearing shoes in mosques is forbidden.

Afghans typically sit with legs crossed. Pointing the soles of the feet towards someone is impolite because the soles of the feet (shoe) are considered dirty, closest to the ground, closer to the devil and farther away from God. When in the presence of Muslims, be careful not to raise or cross your legs in such a way that the sole of the foot faces others in the room. It is important to be aware of how the bottoms of your feet are pointed whenever you are in a room with others. Never let the sole of your foot or shoe come in contact with an Afghan person.

Again, I don't know if this was part of his intention or not. But you have to wonder . . .

At this point any team would be razy to even give Kap a call after his last Social media blasting ..... Him posting more about cops  and Racial BS ..... His girl  Posting Ray lewis is a Uncle tom and Ravens owner a racist .  Thats exactly the things teams are worried about with a back up QB ... too much attention focused on him and mostly all negitive .  I hve yet to see a post form him saying he wants to play ... besides that one where he said he will now stand for Anthem for a job.  Has Kap worked out at all ?  Seems he has been pretty bus with his activism and other events ...  Did he work out with a QB coach ?  These are all important things ...  

3 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

I don't know if this is correct or not but has anyone noticed that the piggy socks are bad enough . . .  

but then to have them wrapped around your feet and inside of shoes is even more offensive?

I realize Kaep was raised Christian and he has a number of Christian tats on his body. But you have

to wonder if his 'piggy socks' have a Muslim flare to them.

A quickie Google search on Muslim views on feet & shoes just now produced these results:  

The shoe is considered dirty because it is on the ground and associated with the foot, the lowest part of the body. The shoe is such an offensive symbol that it is seen as culturally rude to cross an ankle over a knee and display the sole of the shoe while talking to another person. The shoe is also considered unclean in the Muslim faith and believers must remove them before prayers. Wearing shoes in mosques is forbidden.

Afghans typically sit with legs crossed. Pointing the soles of the feet towards someone is impolite because the soles of the feet (shoe) are considered dirty, closest to the ground, closer to the devil and farther away from God. When in the presence of Muslims, be careful not to raise or cross your legs in such a way that the sole of the foot faces others in the room. It is important to be aware of how the bottoms of your feet are pointed whenever you are in a room with others. Never let the sole of your foot or shoe come in contact with an Afghan person.

Again, I don't know if this was part of his intention or not. But you have to wonder . . .

I think you're stretching here...

40 minutes ago, Vee said:

I think you're stretching here...

They can flavor medication to taste like bubble gum these days. Just sayin

6 hours ago, toolg said:

The word is coach Harbaugh and GM Newsome both like Kaepernick. It's the owner Bisciotti that is dragging his feet and won't let him sign. I am guessing a lot of his season ticket holders already reached out and told him they would cancel if the Ravens signed him. 

Like I said, in the day I'm sure the same people hated MLK maybe even still do.

Knowing several of those season ticket holders, yes, some of them still do....

2 hours ago, mike030270 said:

The line where he says " this is bigger then football" that bothers me for some reason. If it is bigger then football why did he bring it down to footballs level? Oh that's right because he knew he needed football to get people to notice him. 

LOL the boycot if Krapondik does not get a job is just too funny ....  Where is the outrage for any other player that does not have a job right now .....  

19 hours ago, the guy in france said:

You are full of BS.  I did not vote for our current President, and that's lazy logic.  If Kaepernick was the QB who almost won the Superbowl a few years ago was able to prove he's the same QB today, the Ravens' would've signed him last week.  This would be a non stater debate.  CK has to show that he's still a very talented player in the NFL with his "baggage", if CK wants another job.   CK is just a terrible QB right now based on on the recent on field performances.  

Sometimes it's not political, it's about money, and the NFL is very good with how to maximize their profits.  CK is not this superhuman QB ESPN that he once was with talking heads rating him above most second string QB's in today's NFL.    This hand wringing needs to stop.  

1 hour ago, Iggles said:

You are full of BS.  I did not vote for our current President, and that's lazy logic.  If Kaepernick was the QB who almost won the Superbowl a few years ago was able to prove he's the same QB today, the Ravens' would've signed him last week.  This would be a non stater debate.  CK has to show that he's still a very talented player in the NFL with his "baggage", if CK wants another job.   CK is just a terrible QB right now based on on the recent on field performances.  

Sometimes it's not political, it's about money, and the NFL is very good with how to maximize their profits.  CK is not this superhuman QB ESPN that he once was with talking heads rating him above most second string QB's in today's NFL.    This hand wringing needs to stop.  

Profit before justice, good for you. Baggage ? Poor babies oblivious to the state of affairs going on around them. Jackie Robinson wouldn't stand a chance with this crowd, after all profit comes first not what's right.

5 hours ago, the guy in france said:

Profit before justice, good for you. Baggage ? Poor babies oblivious to the state of affairs going on around them. Jackie Robinson wouldn't stand a chance with this crowd, after all profit comes first not what's right.

Comparing Kaep to Jackie Robinson is beyond clueless.

There is a wrong and right to this argument and the Kaep defenders are clearly wrong.

He can have freedom to say and do what he wants but NFL owners, coaches, and GMs don't get the same rights?

You are all first class hypocrites.

Dr. King's dream applies to Riley Cooper and Colin Kaepernick equally. Boorish behavior got a white man and a black man the exact same treatment AFTER they eventually lost their jobs. Content of their character is where Kaepernick lost his career.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

Marge Schott lost the Reds for disgusting words defending a vile dictator. Kaepernick did the same thing.

Schott: "Hitler had some good ideas"

Kaepernick: (paraphrase) "Castro had some good ideas"

If you think Cuban Americans can be offended by this but white Americans can't then you are a textbook racist. You are treating people differently based on their race.

6 hours ago, the guy in france said:

This is where it absolutely becomes ridiculous.

People comparing Colin Kaepernick to icons like MLK and Jackie Robinson.

Just stop. It's pathetic.

The truth is that Colin Kaepernick didn't give a damn about any type of activism whatsoever until AFTER he got benched.

That's a red flag don't you think?

He then didn't donate a dime to the cause until AFTER he was called out for not doing so.

Another red flag.

Spends his time on the bench talking politics and praising Fidel Castro.

He gets back on the field only because Gabbert was just that bad, and he isnt much better.

If not for late game garbage time play, his stats would reflect how truly bad he was.

Upon opting out of his contract he announces that he will stand for the anthem because according to him, progress was made.

Face it. Whether you want to admit it or not. Kaep is a fraud.

He's not like Jackie Robinson, and Bill Russel or other great athletic black civil rights icons.

He's more like OJ Simpson. He became a civil rights hero when it became convenient for him.

He's a fraud. 

Whats funny is ... Kaep does not know who his father is .  I still think he looks a little more Arab then anything .  Look at pictures while he was trying to Grow his frow ..... Also  I laugh at his girlfriend .... She is a Arab / Egyptian mix . Yet she talks about others as slave owners ...  when her ancestors were some of the worst .... Hell even Biblical   :D