Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Lawlor: Encouraging Signs From OTAs

Every offseason brings change. There are signings, draft picks, and a trade or two. No one expects every move to pan out, but there is usually optimism when every move is made. You want to see the...

View the full article

I think the one player that is very important that you missed is Lagarette Blount. He should be a major factor in both short yardage as well as the red zone.

I am looking forward to that Jernigan / Cox combination. I think the are going to be formidable up front. Very exicited to see this D Line work.

Wasn't sure where to post this one as I like the direction the conversation was going here.  But.. something about the way OTA's are going is giving me a gut feeling that JMatt is getting traded soon, and i'm not happy about it. (he's one of my favorites on the team) Really hope i'm wrong and that you can all come back and throw e-tomatoes at me when i'm proven wrong. But i'm not buying the whole knee tendinitis story and the answers we get when they are asked about it.

Wasn't sure where to post this one as I like the direction the conversation was going here.  But.. something about the way OTA's are going is giving me a gut feeling that JMatt is getting traded soon, and i'm not happy about it. (he's one of my favorites on the team) Really hope i'm wrong and that you can all come back and throw e-tomatoes at me when i'm proven wrong. But i'm not buying the whole knee tendinitis story and the answers we get when they are asked about it.

It seems to me that it's just the usual,customary 'Beat Around the Bush" talk. Unless he is unable to contribute this season or he flops,I don't think he's going anywhere. If J.Matt's knee gets right,I really think that with all of the other additions that we're gonna see the best J.Matt yet. Just like what we thought he'd become after seeing his record rookie year in 2014 when he became the 2nd best Rookie WR in Franchise History with 67 Rec./872 yds. If he's healthy. He's also 1 of 5 players in NFL History with 65+ Rec. & 800+ yds./season thru the first 3 seasons of career. Plus he's the 'SEC All Time Leader' in Rec. & yds.-262/3759 yds. His mom is Jerry Rice's cousin.

OUTSTANDING news & article! Thank you Tommy. I'm so fired up that I can barely contain my "Eagles' Spirit" fire!

4 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

It seems to me that it's just the usual,customary 'Beat Around the Bush" talk. Unless he is unable to contribute this season or he flops,I don't think he's going anywhere. If J.Matt's knee gets right,I really think that with all of the other additions that we're gonna see the best J.Matt yet. Just like what we thought he'd become after seeing his record rookie year in 2014 when he became the 2nd best Rookie WR in Franchise History with 67 Rec./872 yds. If he's healthy. He's also 1 of 5 players in NFL History with 65+ Rec. & 800+ yds./season thru the first 3 seasons of career. Plus he's the 'SEC All Time Leader' in Rec. & yds.-262/3759 yds. His mom is Jerry Rice's cousin.

All such reasons as he's one of my fav's. :D Plus i like his character. I hope you're right, i really don't wanna see him go. I'd like HIM to be one of the guys that continue developing with Wentz for the future.

I believe J Matt will be here for a long time. I believe this will be his best season yardage wise and I also believe he plays his best out the slot where he will mainly be this season.

7 hours ago, BigWillFord said:

I believe J Matt will be here for a long time. I believe this will be his best season yardage wise and I also believe he plays his best out the slot where he will mainly be this season.

I'm not sure I'd go along that he will have his best season yardage wise... But I think he may have a greater overall impact on this offense. I just think he's going to have more room to work with but he's going to see less targets. 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm not sure I'd go along that he will have his best season yardage wise... But I think he may have a greater overall impact on this offense. I just think he's going to have more room to work with but he's going to see less targets. 

I think he will have less targets but he will catch a good percentage of them and the room is what he needs to work his rookie season and the year after he operated mostly from the slot. Jeremy maclin and Riley cooper were here his rookie season, that provided decent space but I think alshon and smith provide more space for what Matthews does and that's move the chains