Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Chris Long Adds Total Game To DE Picture

9 posts in this topic

Here is defensive end Chris Long, a veteran entering his 10th NFL season, a winner of the most recent Super Bowl (and, yes, he’s the owner of a 283-carat ring), and a player who knows he has a lot to give to the Eagles' defense this season ...

View the full article

If we can keep up with good pressure and maybe blitz a little bit more we can take some of the pressure off the CB since I have a feeling it will be another rough year with them. Sounds like Mills is getting beat a lot in OTAs but it is just that OTAs so everything cant be taking super seriously.

I really do think that Long is going to be a real nice piece on this defense and actually maybe his signing is being downplayed a little.

He's an experienced guy who played a pretty high percentage of snaps for the Pats last year and he's an upgrade on Barwin without doubt. When you combine that with the rotation that Schwartz will use here and the fact that Barnett is going to get opportunities I think we have every reason to be positive. 

4 people like this

Can't wait until we put on pads so we will be able to know some things for sure

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, BigWillFord said:

Can't wait until we put on pads so we will be able to know some things for sure

It's at that point isn't it!!! Like we've seen and heard good things about some players but now we need that next level. 

I mean I woke up this morning to an NFL.com alert telling me about how impressed the coaches are with Pumphrey. And yeah that's really exciting. But then at the same time I kind of think well... At this point with no contact this is where I'd expect him to shine? Making guys miss and that speed and change of direction can be on full display right now. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It's at that point isn't it!!! Like we've seen and heard good things about some players but now we need that next level. 

I mean I woke up this morning to an NFL.com alert telling me about how impressed the coaches are with Pumphrey. And yeah that's really exciting. But then at the same time I kind of think well... At this point with no contact this is where I'd expect him to shine? Making guys miss and that speed and change of direction can be on full display right now. 

Exactly practices with no pads are made for the offensive skill players and defensive line to shine. Once we get the pads on we'll get to see who can actually play and who just looks good in shorts

i look good in shorts.

TC is the acid test.  We'll see who still performs above and beyond and up to or exceeds their skill set after a few bumps and bruises.  Let's see who's willing to take and hand out those bumps and bruises, regardless of whether your offense or defense.  Go Eagles!!  Let the sense of urgency come to training camp and follow throughout each and every game this season.