gameshowfan91

Carson Wentz or Marcus Mariota?

Carson Wentz or Marcus Mariota?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have?

Seems like a pointless question seeing as how we don't have Mariota here. I imagine it's easy to say Wentz because he's here now. If we had Mariota here for a couple years and Wentz were somewhere else, I'm sure most would answer Mariota. There's a natural bias that's going to be difficult to remove from the equation. 

These comparison thread are getting boring, why don't you just compare Carson Wentz to Tom Brady and get it over with!!!:nonono:

I mean really?! 

Mariota is going in to his third year and has had his ups and downs just like Wentz did last year. 

For this scheme I would absolutely say Wentz. For the Chip scheme it was probably Mariota. But the fact is... Wentz is our QB and we all should get behind him. 

2 hours ago, SirReal said:

Wentz is easier to spell.

.....and easier to say.

"With the second pick in the 2015 NFL draft, the Tennessee Titans select Marcus Marioto, quarterback, Oregon."

roger-goodell.jpg

Wentz.

I would've like to have paired him with Corey Davis though...alas, it wasn't meant to be.

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Wentz and it's not even close. Not a fan of Mariota

What makes you say this? You're entitled to your opinion, but Mariota is absolutely better right now.

Actually... Where's the guy that said Wentz wouldn't make it in the NFL because of his surname? And that he should take his fiancé's surname...

:thumbsup:

Right now Mariota.  The jump he had from his 1st to second season is what we are hoping Wentz does for this season.  

Both have had similar talent (or lack of) around them, but have upgraded coming into this season.  While I think Wentz is the better prospect, he also has to deliver.

Well, if not us then I hear the Cowboys would have picked up Wentz.  That's got to count for something.

Too early to say, but personally I believe Wentz will end up being the better QB. And no I'm not just being a homer, I was never high on Mariota coming out of college. I think he'll end up being a slightly above average QB for his career but that's about it.

2 hours ago, Jay90 said:

What makes you say this? You're entitled to your opinion, but Mariota is absolutely better right now.

I just don't see the potential in Mariota that I do in Wentz. Mariota will be a solid QB on a run heavy team but I just don't ever see him being the QB that will put the team on his back the way Rodgers, Brady, Brees, or Roethlisberger do. I think Mariota is on the same level as a Dante Culpepper. I was glad when the Eagles didn't trade up to draft him. Wentz seems like the much better all around player, physically and mentally.

Personally I think Chip would have ruined Mariota. Mariota is truly a good QB, quite underrated. His precision is astonishing and he's so humble and level headed.

55 minutes ago, cbt said:

Well, if not us then I hear the Cowboys would have picked up Wentz.  That's got to count for something.

If Cowboys really thought Wentz was a franchise QB, they should have traded up to 2 like Eagles did. I don't know why they didn't. They would have had to give up less than Eagles did. Cowboys didn't trade up for Lynch either, and they ended up with Prescott. I would take Wentz over Prescott and (definitely) Lynch. Wentz was the QB I wanted in that draft if they were to draft one that year. If they had gotten Goff instead, I would have flipped out and be calling for Foles to start. 

Well considering they were on 2 different draft classes what does it even matter which one I want? Also the amount we would have had to give up for Mariota and then the fact that would have kept chip here.... 1000% Wentz

I read that one very respected GM said that all the QBs that were drafted in the last 3 years he thinks that Mariota and Wentz are the 2 QBs that have all the tools to win the Superbowl. I love the intangibles of both QBs plus there athletsism they could be the top QBs down the road.I think Mariota has a lot of young talent around him for years to come