Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Nine Things We Learned From The Coaches

The Eagles' assistant coaches spoke with the media on Monday. Dave Spadaro and Chris McPherson offer nine takeaways from the hour-long session. 1. DeFilippo "Absolutely" Expects Wentz To Push Ball...

View the full article

:whistle: I was beating the drum for this all last season when I saw Fletch almost constantly being bottled up with doubles and triple teams with hardly no one else able to win man-to-man on a consistent basis-"Move Fletch around for favorable match-ups,get him on the edge!!!

6. Wilson Hints At A Different Role For Cox

In order to help free up Pro Bowl defensive tackle Fletcher Cox from double teams this upcoming season, defensive line coach Chris Wilson said that the Eagles could move him from his left defensive tackle spot to try and create some better matchups.

"One of the big things we're going to try and address with him is him attacking on the perimeter at times, moving him around to not only use his size but some of the speed and quickness he possesses on the edge and different places," Wilson said.-CM

Another thing that could boost Carson's YPA would be to cut down on all those WR screen pass calls. Man that got frustrating watching too many of those get blowed up for little to no gain. Pederson needs to be more creative now that he has better receivers.

I think they figured the WR can't catch the long ball, so let's see if they can catch a short pass. Aahhhh noooooo.