Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Pederson To Team: Finish Strong In Camp

Maclin's health is a real issue. I highly doubt he suits up more than 14 games this year.... Not going to miss him.

31 minutes ago, stine said:

Maclin's health is a real issue. I highly doubt he suits up more than 14 games this year.... Not going to miss him.

Yeah.  I have to agree with you on that one.  We'll see how much he contributes to the Ravens.  I hope for the best, but expect some decline.

13 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Cowboys win 9 games ...TOPS!

Okay Joe, don't keep me hanging on a string. You got to tell me why the Cowboys are only going to win 9 games. Is it because of the sophomore jinx of their QB or defenses being ready now to defend Elliot? Down year for a couple of their players? The teams in our division being better this year? Their overall schedule? Lets have it!

Wrang .... Yes ... Yes... Yes ... Yes ... and Yes. They won a few close games last year due to poor coaching from the opponent... the PA teams. They go from last place to 1st place schedule... (yeah its 2 games... Green Bay and Atlanta, much harder than the 49ers last year! ) Bye weeks, losing 2 OL..etc. Dak had a Foles 2013 year, dropped INTs, guys were wide open...etc. Give them all the credit for LAST year, you still have to take advantage of all that, they did just like Foles and the Eagles did in 2013... until as Ham says, Rodgers stole it from them. 10 wins this year from them will be extremely impressive in my mind. Don't see all those things going right for them THIS year.

I am really liking what I hear about the D-Line in Practice. The first unit is blowing up the First O-Line unit, which is a pretty good unit to go against. That bodes well for the defense, especially the CB's. If they can continually get pressure on the QB, the DB's won't need to cover as long. I am thinking we just might have the makings of a decent team this season. Too early for any predictions, but I am getting excited. I want to see how they do in PS first...

Now that the Ravens signed Maclin don't be surprised if they sign Eric Decker as well! They were up against it this year in the receiving department but miraculously two proven receivers were thrown in their laps if they have the space to sign them. What was projected as a down year for them due to injuries and etc. can now be salvaged.

Stine... the DL is the key in most defenses ... more so in a no blitz scheme. Defensively, I want a great DL, the rest can get filled in behind it... similar to the defense that Buddy and Bud built. Much harder to do it how JJ did it with the secondary being the main piece. Seattle and Denver with phenominal secondaries ... they both have great DLs. I'm not worried about CB... we never had anything to lose by playing the young guys. Let them learn as we build a great DL.

Stine... the DL is the key in most defenses ... more so in a no blitz scheme. Defensively, I want a great DL, the rest can get filled in behind it... similar to the defense that Buddy and Bud built. Much harder to do it how JJ did it with the secondary being the main piece. Seattle and Denver with phenominal secondaries ... they both have great DLs. I'm not worried about CB... we never had anything to lose by playing the young guys. Let them learn as we build a great DL.

We definitely need defensive linemen with non stop motors for Schwartz's defense to work properly. That is why I wanted Derek Barnett in the first round. These guys don't get much help from the blitz to get to the QB so they are doing the equivalent of blitzing on every down. Hard to do for a 275 pound man on every down without running out of gas. It will be interesting to see just how much gas Long has in the tank this year and also whether Jernigan's motor can withstand non stop blitzing without getting tired. I have no concerns at all with Barnett. I have watched him numerous times last year and he is the energizer bunny from first quarter through the fourth. Guys like that are hard to find.

45 minutes ago, mjkline1958 said:

uhhh. lol

While the guy totally deserves to retire here and we should all be proud to have had him contribute as he has, uhhh. he's gonna have to meet halfway here. He should not be getting a guaranteed amount of money applied to two years from now. I could see giving him 3/4 of what he wants for next year and then callin' it a career.

Howie's gears just entered turbo speed.

Jason Peters .... he plays this year for the Eagles. He either retires, or goes someplace else. To be fair ... you let him get offers on the open market, then if he comes back, he takes the new lower offer if we decide to make one. Congrats on a great career. you played great for us. WE also paid you really well, especially the year you missed and the year you pretty much gave up due to not liking Chip. But there is a salary cap that we have responsibility to the other players and the fans of this team to handle properly.

Now JP wants to redo his contract and retire an Eagle......Should be interesting what happens honestly would not be shocked to see us redo the deal more guaranteed money reduce the cap hit 

14 hours ago, 1wrangler said:
  On 6/12/2017 at 11:40 PM, joemas6 said:

Cowboys win 9 games ...TOPS!

Okay Joe, don't keep me hanging on a string. You got to tell me why the Cowboys are only going to win 9 games. Is it because of the sophomore jinx of their QB or defenses being ready now to defend Elliot? Down year for a couple of their players? The teams in our division being better this year? Their overall schedule? Lets have it!

Wrang .... Yes ... Yes... Yes ... Yes ... and Yes. They won a few close games last year due to poor coaching from the opponent... the PA teams. They go from last place to 1st place schedule... (yeah its 2 games... Green Bay and Atlanta, much harder than the 49ers last year! ) Bye weeks, losing 2 OL..etc. Dak had a Foles 2013 year, dropped INTs, guys were wide open...etc. Give them all the credit for LAST year, you still have to take advantage of all that, they did just like Foles and the Eagles did in 2013... until as Ham says, Rodgers stole it from them. 10 wins this year from them will be extremely impressive in my mind. Don't see all those things going right for them THIS year.

yeah they also lost most of their secondary, and picked up Carroll(who led the league in PA penalties), in a division with great receivers. more film on dak, and I have to agree, they will be lucky to win 10, I do think their O line and Zeke will carry them to a few wins... The Eagles took them to OT in Dallas, with the talent signed by the Eagles, and secondary lost by the Cowboys, I feel a sweep coming on.

Kind of concerned about Wentz having issues throwing. Hopefully he can work out the kinks.

with all the dropped balls from last year, it is hard to trust your receivers, having reliable hands will make him better. Also he loves play action passes, and blount will force teams to stack the box. I think Wentz is in for a stellar year,

On June 12, 2017 at 9:58 PM, rlubrich87 said:

Be interesting if MSII shows up tomorrow.

I think that falls in the category of does anyone care?

I hope not, maybe recoup some of the money he stole from the Eagles

16 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Jason Peters .... he plays this year for the Eagles. He either retires, or goes someplace else. To be fair ... you let him get offers on the open market, then if he comes back, he takes the new lower offer if we decide to make one. Congrats on a great career. you played great for us. WE also paid you really well, especially the year you missed and the year you pretty much gave up due to not liking Chip. But there is a salary cap that we have responsibility to the other players and the fans of this team to handle properly.

Good point!!  Especially for those that took pay cuts or restructured for the team!

22 hours ago, joemas6 said:

Good point!!  Especially for those that took pay cuts or restructured for the team!

Well.... lets hope the contract frees up some cap space. From a PR standpoint its great. Dawkins should have been paid and stayed here. I think Lurie wants to send that message to the players. I like that part of it, always in favor of that.... just make sure the cap is ok.

Now that the Ravens signed Maclin don't be surprised if they sign Eric Decker as well! They were up against it this year in the receiving department but miraculously two proven receivers were thrown in their laps if they have the space to sign them. What was projected as a down year for them due to injuries and etc. can now be salvaged.

Im axious to see my pick for us 2 years ago FINALLY see some playing time-Perriman