Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Jason Peters Signs A One-Year Extension

Arguably the greatest tackle in Philadelphia Eagles history, Jason Peters was signed to a one-year extension on Wednesday through the 2019 season. "It means a lot. This is reassurance that I'm goi...

View the full article

Happy to have Jason extended for another season. One of my favorite Eagles players of all time. Congrats Jason well deserved extension.

Really pleased for Peters and think this gives the team a little bit of time to consider all of the options which could include Peters still being on this team in 2018! Although I still wouldn't bet really good money on it. 

While I don't personally believe that JP has 3 years left in him as a Left Tackle. I still think this is a great move by the organization. We have let some players get away or leave earlier than they should have because of a lack of commitment. This sends a good message to the rest of our core players that we want to win and win with OUR GUYS. JP may wind up sliding over to guard if he can't maintain his same level of play at tackle, but he is still a great player that will help the cause. Loyalty still breeds loyalty even in the $$ driven NFL. Great players will want to come here to play if the organization continues to demonstrate the proper mix of business and loyalty. Kudos to Jeff Lurie for this move. It will pay dividends now and later. GO EAGLES!!!!