Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] Taking A Look At Eagles' Contract Picture

38 posts in this topic

Extending the contract of Jason Peters through 2019 accomplishes many things for the Eagles – notably satisfying Peters’ desire to finish his career here, keeping a core player under contract for three seasons, and, while the details of Peters’ contract aren’t public, likely helping the Eagles’ salary cap picture for this season as, historically, these kinds of deal do ...

View the full article

Have to figure Peter's signing on for another year was probably a way to bring down the cap number next year and that same money is now split over two years. Since the cap will rise about another 20 Million for this year to two years from now we are able to get him the guarantee money he wants and deff makes sure he retires here.

Now please do not get hurt!

4 people like this

Not shocked to see the extension to JP.....Was interesting to hear Doug say JP could end up moving to LG....

3 people like this

Not shocked to see the extension to JP.....Was interesting to hear Doug say JP could end up moving to LG....

Well many on here already assumed he would since it's a bit less taxing on a player

3 people like this

Ok, what's done is done. I know there's a whole business aspect to it from both sides but something that gets overlooked a lot of times is a team's dedication to it's own. Peters has done a LOT for this organization and I'm glad the team helped assure him that he will retire an Eagle, which is what he deserves. Part of me likes to believe there's still dedication from both sides in the league nowadays. So i'll be happy about the deal for that reason.

Also, a "long" term positive (two years) if and when he isn't starting, he's one hell of a backup and mentor for his successor.

Then there's the obvious cap space saved so that we can resign Marcus Smith.

I kid! I kid!

4 people like this

Not sure they are worried about this year as much as they are about next year..... as far as CAP space goes....

2 people like this

Wouldn't it be a RBs dream to run behind Lane at LT and JP at LG?

6 people like this

1 hour ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Well many on here already assumed he would since it's a bit less taxing on a player

Sure many of us have talked about the possibility of JP moving to G and JP himself has stated he might have interest playing G down the road.....But it is completely different when the HC comes out and says it 

2 people like this

Great PR move ... Lurie wasn't happy letting Dawkins play for another team over $$ that could have easily been paid to him without having any effects at salary cap space. Peters is the next guy on that level that players can now see ... "if I perform at this level, I will be taken care of and retire here" Great move in that regard. Hopefully it also helps the cap this year and next year. Otherwise, not good business strictly from the business side. If Howie made the deal work... that's great! Lane is paid, Peters is paid... however they want to line up now won't have effects on their pay, so they can go play now.

6 people like this

Yes! Now let the guys get out there and play some football!

2 people like this

Peters out with a neck strain already-UGH

Ok, what's done is done. I know there's a whole business aspect to it from both sides but something that gets overlooked a lot of times is a team's dedication to it's own. Peters has done a LOT for this organization and I'm glad the team helped assure him that he will retire an Eagle, which is what he deserves. Part of me likes to believe there's still dedication from both sides in the league nowadays. So i'll be happy about the deal for that reason.

Also, a "long" term positive (two years) if and when he isn't starting, he's one hell of a backup and mentor for his successor.

I kid! I kid!

How about we save cap money and sign somebody else? I don;t want anymore lazy players in here."I worked out,it was just a decision I made" Well GREAT,how about the fans who expect you to show a little respect,I mean enough to show up voluntarily and prove to us you want to be part of this team

2 people like this

11 hours ago, Swoopin' said:

I kid! I kid!

How about we save cap money and sign somebody else? I don;t want anymore lazy players in here."I worked out,it was just a decision I made" Well GREAT,how about the fans who expect you to show a little respect,I mean enough to show up voluntarily and prove to us you want to be part of this team

I dont,I dont

Not sure they are worried about this year as much as they are about next year..... as far as CAP space goes....

Why this was a terrific draft.Even if we have to lose someone,we have their BU's already on board at the major skill positions

3 people like this

11 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Sure many of us have talked about the possibility of JP moving to G and JP himself has stated he might have interest playing G down the road.....But it is completely different when the HC comes out and says it 

I'm certain it's been discussed lol

Since I cant post on the wed minicamp blog(5 hours and counting) I will say it's very nice to see/hear that "no name" guys are making plays.Seems even our 3rd stringers(or who will be) still have the talent to step in and play if asked to.YES I KNOW it's too early,still these are reports I dont re-call seeing alot of the past few years

3 people like this

Can't say enough good things about Roseman and Co. He's going to be the largely unsung hero of the Eagles' rise. What a turnaround from most of the last decade!

2 people like this

20 hours ago, Swoopin' said:

I kid! I kid!

You are not talking about Peters, are you? If so, he has paid his dues and I see absolutely NO reason for him to come to the voluntary Mini camp. He knows this offense by heart and will be in shape. no sense in chancing an injury....

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  21 hours ago, Swoopin' said:

I kid! I kid!

You are not talking about Peters, are you? If so, he has paid his dues and I see absolutely NO reason for him to come to the voluntary Mini camp. He knows this offense by heart and will be in shape. no sense in chancing an injury....

No MS2 lol

2 people like this

Off topic-.Are there ANY players left at the NYJ facility?Seems to me they are shooting for a first pick next year lol

That was Cox, not Peters...

21 hours ago, stine said:

Why this was a terrific draft.Even if we have to lose someone,we have their BU's already on board at the major skill positions

We have allot of 1 year deals. I imagine we will want to sign a few of them, so we will need the cap space to do so. I am hoping we do this instead of signing other players so we may be able to gain a compensatory pick or two. That would be welcome for a change...

2 people like this

Hopefully, performance on the field by our present one-year deals is such that we sign as many as we can without having to bring in many new players.  Speaks ooooodles for team chemistry.

2 people like this

I really enjoyed the JP miked up video. You don't often get to see the emotions of the "non skill" players on TV. In fact the only time I remember JP getting hot was when he went after that redskins jagoff for a cheap hit on Foles

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

That was Cox, not Peters...

At this point a strain we can live with.