DaveSpadaro

[News] What I Think I Know About The Eagles

This is Erock, He is funny as Sh!t, and all of the local talk shows know him. I went to school with his parents.... anyway take a look when you have time...

https://www.youtube.com/user/themightyerock

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

Stine, Obviously injuries come into play... that changes everything, figured that was obvious???? As for Wentz, what sophomore jinx? He wasn't all that great last year to where a "jinx" comes into play. He had no help from the WRs like he should have this year... the OL is deeper and more experienced. Dak should be the one worried about a sophomore jinx, everything that could right last year for him did... thats not very common. Wentz did fair with no help. Not sure there is anything that could be jinxed other than injury? That said, with the schedule I would be dissapointed if they win less than 9 games.

Well, I need to see the team play some first. As I said, Wentz has to take a huge step forward in my mind for them to win 10.

And... I think we all can agree... we don't need to see preseason????? The last few years I hope confirmed the play and record in August means pretty much squat! Chip Kelly and Jim Schwartz can attest!

2 minutes ago, joemas6 said:

And... I think we all can agree... we don't need to see preseason????? The last few years I hope confirmed the play and record in August means pretty much squat! Chip Kelly and Jim Schwartz can attest!

Wins losses do not matter, but how players perform do. If you see Wentz throw 4-5 errant passes, you will ignore that? If Matthews loses a step because of injuries and doe not get the separation, won't that matter? There are lost of things to look for in PS other than wins/losses......

Its all Good Joe. You think Pre-season means nothing and I feel they do. No biggie.

Stine, the preseason is the warm up. The results and how they look mean squat. As obviously seen the last few years! And really a lot longer than that. No scheme means not real football. Like in spring training when the pitchers just throw fastballs all game to build arm strength. Without the strategy, the physical part doesn't mean as much. Emmanual Acho ... the Sam Bradford led offense in 2015, and the Jim Schwartz led defense were all preseaon hall df fame level producers ... the Labor Day BBQ changes things! Back to reality after that!

I do feel preseason is necessary though ... getting the players, coaches, refs, media, stadium crew ... all ready for the season by going through the motions. Just the performance and results don't mean anything.

Looks like we came through mini camp with no significant injuries. That's the best we can hope for right now.

6b weeks till the pads go on, don't get your IR, final 53 or PS lists finalized just yet. Nice to have so many tough decisions tho.

Eagles 53-man roster projection after spring practices    By Jimmy Kempski

Quarterback (3)Carson Wentz, Nick Foles, Matt McGloin                                                                                                                                                 Running back (4): LeGarrette Blount, Darren Sproles, Donnel Pumphrey, Wendell Smallwood                                                                                         Wide receiver (5): Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, Jordan Matthews, Nelson Agholor, Mack Hollins                                                                                     Tight end (3): Zach Ertz, Brent Celek, Trey Burton                                                                                                                                                                OL (10): Jason Peters, Isaac Seumalo, Jason Kelce, Brandon Brooks, Lane Johnson, Halapoulivaati Vaitai, Allen Barbre, Stefen Wisniewski, Chance Warmack, Dillon Gordon.                                                                                                                                                                                                        DL (10): Brandon Graham, Fletcher Cox, Timmy Jernigan, Derek Barnett, Vinny Curry, Chris Long, Steven Means, Elijah Qualls, Destiny Vaeao, Gabe Wright. Beau Allen will provide some relief when he is able to return from his pectoral injury, but for now, we'll project him to land on the PUP list. With some injuries at DT, newcomer Gabe Wright has gotten quite a few reps, at times with the first-team defense.

The Marcus Smith era in Philly is over.                                                                                                                                                                               

LB (6): Jordan Hicks, Nigel Bradham, Mychal Kendricks, Joe Walker, Nathan Gerry, Kamu Grugier-Hill                                                                          CB (5):  Jalen Mills, Patrick Robinson, Rasul Douglas, Ron Brooks, Aaron Grymes                                                                                                    Safety (4): Malcolm Jenkins, Rodney McLeod, Terrence Brooks, Chris Maragos                                                                                                          ST's (3): Caleb Sturgis, Donnie Jones, Jon Dorenbos   

Layup.

PUP list: Beau Allen, Sidney Jones.

Practice squad: RB Corey Clement, WR Shelton Gibson, WR Marcus Johnson, WR Greg Ward, TE Anthony Denham, C Tyler Orlosky, DE Alex McCalister, DT Winston Craig, LB Don Cherry, CB C.J. Smith

This looks like a close resemblance to what I see,with the exception of-QB loses 1 & CB gains 1. No Matt Mcgloin & C.J.Smith makes CB for a total of 6. If Sidney Jones is healthy enough to start sometime this season then whichever player is least needed will go to the PS at whatever time of the season that Jones can get on the field for live action. The player that goes to the PS will either be the one making the least contribution or if there's a 'flip a coin' Tie,then it'll be the player they think that is least likely to get stolen by another team.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-53-man-roster-projection-after-spring-practices/

Hmm I just don't see 3 WR's on the PS.I know it's the PS but really we need to give another position a shot,so you are writing off Brandon Masrhall

22 hours ago, mateagle2 said:

My post mini-camp hopes for this team are through the roof... First I want to quantify WHY I am so psyched... If we reflect back onto the 2016 regular season and the statistics therein, we see that there is very real correlation in points scored v points allowed, and the amount of wins a team has... THIS IS AN OBVIOUS OVER-SIMPLIFICATION OF CAUSE AND EFFECT...So where were the Eagles last year? Having scored an average of 22.9 ppg they ranked #16 overall in points scored, and having allowed 20.7 ppg they ranked #12 overall in points allowed... SO let's just ask a simple question, WILL this years team score more than 3 points more on average than last year, AND will this years team allow 3 points less on average? Gleaning everything you can from players in shorts and shirts, there is reason to think that both are very possible... SO then if that occurs and we transpose a 3 point difference on both sides of the ball(from last years league stats), that would give the Eagles a 25.9 ppg and rank as the #8 team in points scored, while also allowing 17.7 ppg would rank as the #2 team in points allowed... THAT would definitely get them into the playoffs and make them a SB contender.

So then HOW MUCH BETTER does the Eagles defense need to be to get the defense ppg down 3 points last year (that would be 48 points less scored against the birds), it might look like this... Week 5 against the Lions, just dont fumble in FG range, so this is an offense improvement that immediately has benefit to the defense(+3pts)...Week 6 against Washington, play up to the competition and only allow 24 instead of 27(+3pts)...Week 8 in Dallas, win the OT session(+6pts)... Week 9 against the NYG, get real pressure on Eli who sucks when gets hit alot, this turns 4TDs into 2TD and 2FG (+8pts)...Week 11 Sea play up to competition and hold them to 22 instead of 26 (I'm split between 23&21) (+4pts)...Week 12 Packers, show up and get the job against a great QB with NO WRs to throw to drop this from 27 down to 20 against a wounded team (+7pts)... Week 13 with Cincinnati dont play down to the 4-7-1 teams ability, so drop the 32 down to 21(+11pts)... Week 14 against Washington, again they must play up to the competition and drop that 27 down to 24 (+3pts)... Finally week 15 against the Ravens if they just play up to the competition they can bring that 27 down to 24 (+3pts)................. SO I ask, is there reason to be excited for this defense if they can do JUST THAT MUCH by being more consistant?... Just that much last year would have made them the #2 scoring defense.

Needless to say because THIS year we have 2 things a PASS RUSH and at least a decent secondary.These 2 things alone(forget the O for a minute) should yield more and a 3 point differential from last season.On the O side we now have our :banger" the guy that can move the chains while draining the 4th 1/4 clock.I just don't see us getting burned by "comebacks" much this year since we now have the capability of the "put the game away RB drain"

I LOVE YOUR OPTIMISM Mateagle! But it is never as easy as that. To think both our offense and defense will improve by a FG each is not realistic...

I believe it is

lol, I am having my 60th BD in August, so I know the frustration as much as anyone here.
I can expect to see a slight improvement on offense, but most likely it will be around 1-2 points. Remember the defenses we will face this year. Giants and Dallas twice, Denver, KC, Seattle, Oakland and Arizona. Those are mighty good defenses, so to equal points from last year would be an achievement. I do believe defensively we will improve though. Our pass rush will be much better, which should take off the heat for our CB's. LB's are solid as long as we stay healthy. D-Line is strong and deep and our safeties are solid.

Those teams will have to face OUR much improved defense as well,lets not forget that!!!

Pretty complex to judge 3 point differentials on offense and defense.  My feeling is we can improve by 3 points on both sides of the ball.  That said, however, we're not considering how much the other teams we play this year are improved or regressed from 2016.  Hard to judge, needs a full analysis of each team but feel we can do a 3 point improvement on both sides of the ball, despite our very tough schedule.  Obviously, injuries not withstanding.  Injuries are a part of the game, let's hope they are minimal in 2017.

On 6/15/2017 at 7:56 PM, ASG15 said:

If you watched him in college he never took a direct hit

I get it but this is the NFL. It's never if it's when you'll hammered. Sproles can handle it this year.

In the point differential discussion I would like to toss this out.Even if,say our defense remained the same,is not this offense capable of scoring ONE additional TD per game? Disregarding the XP,there is your 6 point differential and I KNOW our D is better(on paper for the moment).Even if we fail to score an additional TD per game,we can get close enough for 2 FG's IMO,therefore I see ZERO reason we can't make up 6 points per game(and I really dont care against whom)

So this is the time of year that the rookies always seem to get themselves into trouble. They've got more money in their pockets than they've ever had and very little adult guidance.
Keep your fingers crossed people.

12 minutes ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

In the point differential discussion I would like to toss this out.Even if,say our defense remained the same,is not this offense capable of scoring ONE additional TD per game? Disregarding the XP,there is your 6 point differential and I KNOW our D is better(on paper for the moment).Even if we fail to score an additional TD per game,we can get close enough for 2 FG's IMO,therefore I see ZERO reason we can't make up 6 points per game(and I really dont care against whom)

Im going to go one step further with the defensive predictions... having upgraded Connor Barwin, and Bennie Logan, with Chris long and Tim Jernigan, as well as adding Derreck Barnett, this pass rush WILL be more dominant... injuries put aside... I project an EASY 3.0 team sacks pg avg for a basement floor of 48 total... My gut tells me they will get 3.5 team sacks pg avg for an expected 56 total... I DO NOT exclude a 4.0 team sacks pg avg for a potential 64 total...   NOW let me be clear that last year that 48 led the league, but even that was not and is not looked upon as an elite number by any standard... simply put 48 is what a team with a really good pass rush can generate... teams with GREAT pass rushes do much more... Our pass rush this year will be at worst good, more than likely great, and even possibly elite

Hoping our enthusiasm and potential translates to consistent play throughout the PS and regular season.  If that happens, we'll be turning heads each week.  Our monster will be born to reek havoc on those we play against and bring back that respect that has been so sorely lacking for a very long time. How scary would a prediction be that our field goals will decrease in 2017 due to the potential of our OL, WR's and RB's and QB to deliver the goods to get to the RZ and score more often than not from the RZ.  Only time will tell.

22 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Im going to go one step further with the defensive predictions... having upgraded Connor Barwin, and Bennie Logan, with Chris long and Tim Jernigan, as well as adding Derreck Barnett, this pass rush WILL be more dominant... injuries put aside... I project an EASY 3.0 team sacks pg avg for a basement floor of 48 total... My gut tells me they will get 3.5 team sacks pg avg for an expected 56 total... I DO NOT exclude a 4.0 team sacks pg avg for a potential 64 total...   NOW let me be clear that last year that 48 led the league, but even that was not and is not looked upon as an elite number by any standard... simply put 48 is what a team with a really good pass rush can generate... teams with GREAT pass rushes do much more... Our pass rush this year will be at worst good, more than likely great, and even possibly elite

We'll see.At this point it is all on paper.They MUST work together and gel for all that to happen

A FEW GOOD MEN - The men's thesaurus for women on Father's day'
Men don't always say what they mean ladies, please allow me to translate for your future benefit:
1. When a man says "IT WOULD TAKE TOO LONG TO EXPLAIN" He means: I have no idea how it works"
2.When a man says "THAT'S INTERESTING DEAR." , He means: Are you still talking?"
3. When a man says: "IT'S A GUY THING" He means "There is no rational thought pattern connected with this, and you have no chance at all of making it logical"
4. When a man says "UH HUH, SURE HONEY," , or "YES DEAR" He means: Absolutely nothing - It's a conditioned response.
5. When a man says "YOU LOOK TERRIFIC" He means: Oh please don't try on one more outfit, we're late and I'm starving."
6. When a man says, "THAT"S NOT WHAT I MEANT." He means: "If something I said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
7. If your husband says, "Honey, WHAT COLOR IS THIS?" He means: All men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. I have no idea what "taupe" is.

Hope all you guys have a great "Fathers" Day!

A FEW GOOD MEN - The men's thesaurus for women on Father's day'
Men don't always say what they mean ladies, please allow me to translate for your future benefit:
1. When a man says "IT WOULD TAKE TOO LONG TO EXPLAIN" He means: I have no idea how it works"
2.When a man says "THAT'S INTERESTING DEAR." , He means: Are you still talking?"
3. When a man says: "IT'S A GUY THING" He means "There is no rational thought pattern connected with this, and you have no chance at all of making it logical"
4. When a man says "UH HUH, SURE HONEY," , or "YES DEAR" He means: Absolutely nothing - It's a conditioned response.
5. When a man says "YOU LOOK TERRIFIC" He means: Oh please don't try on one more outfit, we're late and I'm starving."
6. When a man says, "THAT"S NOT WHAT I MEANT." He means: "If something I said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
7. If your husband says, "Honey, WHAT COLOR IS THIS?" He means: All men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. I have no idea what "taupe" is.

Hope all you guys have a great "Fathers" Day!

Worst question men get "Does this dress make me look fat?" It's a catch 22 question

Daughter didn't let me down.I scored the Eagles #1 Dad T and the Eagles mug that's "frosted" you can keep in the freezer.Even though she's a PATS fan,I think I will keep her around for awhile

I wanted to toss out a HFD message to Spuds also.He does a great job even when there is little to talk about

Very key players to determine things for the 53 are Joe Walker and Aaron Grymes. These two guys either step up and show they can play ball or.....we need to trade for a LB and CB.