DaveSpadaro

[News] What I Think I Know About The Eagles

11 minutes ago, Swoopin' said:

that might actually  be the RESULT of ever watching arena football though!

true!!! HAHA

The Philly Soul aer pretty good!!!

Alright, i'm going to pretend to be wrapping up my work for the day now. as opposed to pretending to having been doing it.

have a great night all, back tomorrow!

I'm curious.. remember the Ravens had their C go down to injury and the Kelce talk all started? That didn't pan out but i wonder if they'd be interested in Orlosky now? lol  "You give us a low draft pick next year and we'll give you our UDFA now."

Not that there's much to gain from that but it's fun to think about and i've only got 20 minutes left at work

Yeah work is 9-9:20,then lunch until 3,back to work until 4:15,all in a days work.I remember.

2 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Unless Orlosky really is terrible at transitioning,you find a way.he was listed(by CBS) as the 75th best player in that draft.To get him as a UDFA is an unthinkable magic.Give the guy a year or 2 and watch him take Kelce's job

Great. So how many guys weigh down the 2017 squad because of potential? You are going to need some guys to dress on Sundays.

3 hours ago, Swoopin' said:

I'm curious.. remember the Ravens had their C go down to injury and the Kelce talk all started? That didn't pan out but i wonder if they'd be interested in Orlosky now? lol  "You give us a low draft pick next year and we'll give you our UDFA now."

Not that there's much to gain from that but it's fun to think about and i've only got 20 minutes left at work

Yeah work is 9-9:20,then lunch until 3,back to work until 4:15,all in a days work.I remember.

It's a tough job but somebodys got to do it.

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

Unless Orlosky really is terrible at transitioning,you find a way.he was listed(by CBS) as the 75th best player in that draft.To get him as a UDFA is an unthinkable magic.Give the guy a year or 2 and watch him take Kelce's job

Great. So how many guys weigh down the 2017 squad because of potential? You are going to need some guys to dress on Sundays.

If you don't keep guys with potential,you are one and done

8 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
10 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:
  6 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

➊ If there's room for Orlosky on the 53,then he should be put on if he shows enough upside,which he should. ➋ Seumalo can play center,his most natural position. ➌ But,you always have 7 Inactives on game day,which is retarded!. ➍ The thing of being allowed to have 53 players on the ACTIVE Roster but you can only have 46 ACTIVE is taking the 'chess' thing into idiotic territory!

14 hours ago, Swoopin' said:
  15 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

I hear ya there dude. It was a pretty big surprise that he wasn't drafted after those stats came out. I don't argue the potential whatsoever. But right now we have like 3 guys that can play center. Unless Orlosky has some other versatility I don't know if we can squeeze him on though.

-ninja edit: * Unless we make a trade of one of those other potential centers that we have. Orlosky's age would give him an advantage in that analysis.

Well he still needs to earn it,but we need to give him the chance to earn it(catch 22)If we cut him, suspect he would be snapped up fairly fast.So we shall see.Just seems to me to be a future BEAST at the position and someone we could have here for a decade if he earns his spot

There is also the possibility we trade Kelce. That would also relieve them of Cap space.

LOL ... right!   So I will wait for your prediction after you are able to watch enough preseason...LOL    BTW... agree with the lawsuits... after the McDonalds coffee being too hot, nothing surprises me anymore!

I highly doubt anyone really is sitting on the edge of their seat to hear either of our predictions Joe.

10 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:
  12 hours ago, cunninghamtheman said:
  15 hours ago, GreenbleedinFL said:

➊ If there's room for Orlosky on the 53,then he should be put on if he shows enough upside,which he should. ➋ Seumalo can play center,his most natural position. ➌ But,you always have 7 Inactives on game day,which is retarded!. ➍ The thing of being allowed to have 53 players on the ACTIVE Roster but you can only have 46 ACTIVE is taking the 'chess' thing into idiotic territory!

Maybe we should increase the Active roster also? Allowing another 3-4 players to dress may be a good thing with the mounting injuries we have seen over the past few years. I agree to raise one does not make sense, unless you also raise the other....

9 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

➊ If there's room for Orlosky on the 53,then he should be put on if he shows enough upside,which he should. ➋ Seumalo can play center,his most natural position.

Don't forget we have Wiz who can do it too! We're actually in a pretty decent spot if some team out there is looking for center. Rare, but not impossible. Again, Baltimore's C is injured and not predicted to be back until around the start of the season, if all goes well. Seumalo is a definite keeper. But if we trade Wiz, that opens up a spot for Warmack. We trade Kelce, that opens up a lot of money. We can potentially even trade Orlosky. Lots of assumptions out of those hypotheticals but not too big of a stretch.

For the record i don't want to lose Wizniewcski, ( i have no idea how to spell his name) I like what he offers us for the next couple years. .

16 hours ago, Swoopin' said:

Just so happens I came across an article discussing this. It's here if you're interested:
http://www.bgnradio.com/theshows/2017/6/19/no-more-phantom-ir-the-nfl-needs-adopt-red-shirting-players

The author's proposed point #3 really made me wiggle.

I like the idea of a farm system.  Putting players on the PS, under current rules, you risk losing him if he's any good or he can fill a more immediate need of another team than what he can do for us.  Great link!!  Gotta hurry to a Dr's apt., be back later.

I seem to remember the Eagles having a farm team in Pottsville, PA years ago. I think their name was Firebirds...? Was a great idea, but never took off. I wouldn't mind them trying again. I feel there is plenty enough talent to sustain another league in the US, as long as it is in other cities that do not already have football close by.

A friend told me the Duce Stanley has said the Eagles plan to pound the rock more this season. I think it is a great idea and will take much pressure off of the Defense and Wentz. Of course, it is a rumor and we all know that these rumors rarely come to fruition.
Still, I do like the idea of pounding the ball down some teams throat. With all of these defenses gearing up to rush the QB, it may just be the right thing to do....

I can back up that rumor, i've seen a few articles quoting him saying as much. He mentions Blount and Pumphrey more than the others, oddly.

Staley said Eagles coach Doug Pederson has told him he wants to run the ball more this season, with LeGarrette Blount and Pumphrey joining Sproles, Wendell Smallwood and possibly Byron Marshall.

We’re not bringing these guys in here to sit 'em up on the shelf. We want to run the ball. We want to impose our will,” Staley said.

If we can effectively run the ball down other team's throat"s, coupled with our passing game improvement, we'll have the perfect storm to keep teams off balance with each opening up the other's area.  We haven't had that in years.

21 hours ago, joemas6 said:

A person spilling somthing they know is hot on themselves.... to the degree of HOW hot it was ... still doesn't take the blame off of themself.  If it was spilled inside the McDonalds with another person invloved... I may listen.  Otherwise, it could be 1000 degrees and to me its still the person's fault.  It's hot and it stains... you don't put it where it can spill in your lap while driving!   Maybe if it burned the mouth while drinking, I might consider that.  But not the self spill.  That's just me

Really Joe? For one who likes the facts might need to check them out and see what really happened, its not like this was a kid spilling coffee on themselves on purpose. The lady at the time was 72 years old and actually only asked to have the $11K in hospitals bills covered and all Donalds did was offer a $800. Oh and she wasnt driving either she was the passenger. The media just like everything didnt help the case and thought it was better to make this lady look bad. So if you think it was so frivolous, please do a little search on it and tell me if you still feel the same?

Yeah, she took a coffee in the car ... where it could spill. To me dumb! But I don't eat and drink in my car at all, kinda brought up that way to respect the car. A water bottle is the only thing allowed in my car. That's just me with the respect for the car... that's before putting a hot liqid in position to spill, which in a moving car, that's always a possibility. Just dumb in my mind. Don't need to research and read about it further than that... the 72 year old only proves my point about a person who should know better. Should have been brought up in an era that respected the cars too.

From a players perspective, once you get 53 signed on a roster, the ability to be plucked from a practice squad is a great thing. Because the team that does that has to put you on their 53. You get a chance to play. Sure strictly from a selfish point of view from your team, lets stock up and control everyone, but why? Enough is enough, put them on the PS, that's good enough, if they get picked up, then good luck because now they can play. If your 5th round draft pick can't make the roster, cut him as soon as you can, keeping these guys around for so long is part of the problem too. Why is Kendricks here? He stinks, but because we drafted him early, then we payed him ...etc. When does it stop, make it easy to admit a mistake a move on.

13 hours ago, Swoopin' said:

Don't forget we have Wiz who can do it too!

I didn't forget about Wis by any means. I like his play and always did. I think he's performing every bit as good now as he was at Penn St.

Here you go,you can copy this: Wisniewski ☺   I always remember by spelling it like it sounds,but you have to remember to put an 'i' between the 'n' & 'e'.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               PS-You can go and do the 'edit' thing and perform your edit. When your finished editing don't bother to put in a reason or check the box that says something about 'administrators may still be able to see this." It will edit your post without saying anything about being edited or why,and I did this 7 hours after I made the post.                                                                                                                                                                               

12 hours ago, stine said:

A friend told me the Duce Stanley has said the Eagles plan to pound the rock more this season. I think it is a great idea and will take much pressure off of the Defense and Wentz. Of course, it is a rumor and we all know that these rumors rarely come to fruition.
Still, I do like the idea of pounding the ball down some teams throat. With all of these defenses gearing up to rush the QB, it may just be the right thing to do....

It's no rumor. I read it in article. Here is another one: Eagles trying to build a running offense-Posted by Michael David Smith on June 21, 2017, 8:41 AM EDT.    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/21/eagles-trying-to-build-a-running-offense/

10 hours ago, EaglesTD123 said:

It's no rumor. I read it in article. Here is another one: Eagles trying to build a running offense-Posted by Michael David Smith on June 21, 2017, 8:41 AM EDT.    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/21/eagles-trying-to-build-a-running-offense/

Just lovin it all.  A variety of RBs with different skill sets, moving Cox all over a vastly improved DL for better matchups, AJ, TS and JM/AG and CW doing their things,  The changed for the better team with a scary potential will force other teams to take notice. Who do you cover when and how?  Gonna really love seeing this all play out!!  Go Eagles!!!