Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DaveSpadaro

[News] What We Saw At The Final Minicamp

9 posts in this topic

The Eagles held their final practice of the spring and then a conditioning test before letting the players out until late July for Training Camp. Here's what Dave Spadaro, Chris McPherson, and Fra...

View the full article

I hope Nelson makes the final roster and somehow blows us all away with stellar play in 2017. We've seen enough 'glimpses' to know he's got it in him, but the time is almost up to show he's a good NFL WR. All the praise in the spring won't mean a thing if he doesn't become the guy drafted at #1 to play like a #1 draft pick. That said, I hope to see an improved offense with #11 getting a full offseason/preseason with first team snaps and building chemistry with some potentially highly potent weapons up front and in the backfield. I don't set expectations over 8 or 9 wins, but if the team can gel and tune up some of last year's glitches, then they may just get into the postseason. Go Eagles!

4 people like this

I hope Nelson makes the final roster and somehow blows us all away with stellar play in 2017. We've seen enough 'glimpses' to know he's got it in him, but the time is almost up to show he's a good NFL WR. All the praise in the spring won't mean a thing if he doesn't become the guy drafted at #1 to play like a #1 draft pick. That said, I hope to see an improved offense with #11 getting a full offseason/preseason with first team snaps and building chemistry with some potentially highly potent weapons up front and in the backfield. I don't set expectations over 8 or 9 wins, but if the team can gel and tune up some of last year's glitches, then they may just get into the postseason. Go Eagles!

Yes,it'd be very refreshing. I would like to see more of the Draft picks start playing to their potential on a consistent basis & pay off. The results of the OTA's were encouraging,but I want to see it carry over into the preseason and have more players step up. I wanna see teams dreading to have to play against our Eagles again.

2 people like this

I believe Nelson's money is guaranteed this year, so it would make no sense to cut him. I am glad to hear good reports, he looked to be a star in the making coming out of college, maybe working with alshon, and tory helped too? It sounds like this kid worked really hard in the offseason, so I hope he pulls it together for the real season. He wasn't the only culprit, the Eagles had 35 drops last year.

1 person likes this

Why can't I ever play the vids on this site?

On 6/15/2017 at 8:32 PM, EaglesB#1again said:

Yes,it'd be very refreshing. I would like to see more of the Draft picks start playing to their potential on a consistent basis & pay off. The results of the OTA's were encouraging,but I want to see it carry over into the preseason and have more players step up. I wanna see teams dreading to have to play against our Eagles again.

Seeing as alot of our past draft picks had little impact(if any),there is no doubt in my mind that the draft this year yielded MUCH more potential and some may even be starters which we have lacked for most part for quite awhile.We stopped drafting prima donnas and drafted those worker bees Joe talks about often.These guys want to improve,even if they don;t make OUR squad.IMO this means our scouting dept is far and away better than what we had

3 people like this

BTW -Gerry will be known soon as "the Beast from the East"(as in NFCE lol)

On 6/15/2017 at 7:32 PM, EaglesB#1again said:

Hopefully the guys we've gotten lately will turn it around but I have little hope for ms2

2 people like this

On 6/16/2017 at 4:46 AM, EaglesTD123 said:
  On 6/15/2017 at 7:32 PM, EaglesB#1again said:

Seeing as alot of our past draft picks had little impact(if any),there is no doubt in my mind that the draft this year yielded MUCH more potential and some may even be starters which we have lacked for most part for quite awhile.We stopped drafting prima donnas and drafted those worker bees Joe talks about often.These guys want to improve,even if they don;t make OUR squad.IMO this means our scouting dept is far and away better than what we had

The scouting department seems to be very much improved. The ms2 pick was maybe my least favorite in the past 5 or 6 years

2 people like this