bobbywizdum

Making the Linc a place to fear again

103 posts in this topic

While some dislike the stigma that comes with being an eagles fan and think its misrepresented...i personally take pride in what's known nationally to be a rabid, disliked fanbase. The linc has certainly started becoming loud again but its time we as fans remind opposing teams fans they arent welcome here! As players from opposing teams feared playing the violent eagles defenses and poor field conditions ...opposing teams fans feared taking the trip as well. Maybe its the ticket costs but for whatever reason flyers nation seems to publicly taunt opposing fans much more vigorously imo. With the team and defense headed in the right direction ..its time We the 12th man properly protect whats ours. We may not have a ring but we take over fed ex and giants stadium every year. Its time these opposing fans remember not to come to south philly! 

 

Times Yours

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll start working on a strongly worded letter.

7 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Linc has never been loud, or feared, or had poor field conditions. You are thinking of the Vet

17 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but the old vet identity was demolished along with the stadium. No one has ever "feared" coming to the Linc. 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plus the Linc being structured the way it is can't get as loud as it used to be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GoodGooglyMoogly said:

Sorry but the old vet identity was demolished along with the stadium. No one has ever "feared" coming to the Linc. 

I dunno about that. Teams still feared coming to philly early in last decade. Over time the defense and fan base grew softer. Its not the stadium

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The days of being outright hostile, some good natured ribbing notwithstanding, are gone across the board in the NFL. 

Fans have the ability to text a hotline to report abuse or harassment. Teams are known to revoke season tickets from fans proved to be acting as d-bags, and of course you have undercover cops dressed as opposing fans just for this purpose. 

There have been isolated incidents of fights at NFL stadiums which end up going viral on social media. 

Its just a different world  

 

Now, being loud and making it hard on opposing offenses, sure. I just don't see the Linc being built in such a way as to retain a lot of sound. Eagles home games seem a lot quieter on TV than some others.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, leanmeangreenmachine said:

Linc has never been loud, or feared, or had poor field conditions. You are thinking of the Vet

Im aware that the vet had the poor field conditions but the linc has never been loud ? 

Im sure the 04 championship and 44-6 were loud. It was certainly loud in 14 vs the rams when we the fans caused a critcial delay of gaming hoping seal the win. That was the last home game i was at as i wasnt in the area most of last season but it certaibly was loud that day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Im aware that the vet had the poor field conditions but the linc has never been loud ? 

Im sure the 04 championship and 44-6 were loud. It was certainly loud in 14 vs the rams when we the fans caused a critcial delay of gaming hoping seal the win. That was the last home game i was at as i wasnt in the area most of last season but it certaibly was loud that day 

Depends on how you want to define "loud". Being an open air stadium with a bad structural design for loudness, it really has never been loud, especially compared to a "loud" stadium like Arrowhead, Centurylink or US Bank Stadium. Being at the game it sounds loud but watching on TV it certainly doesn't come off as loud as most NFL stadiums

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It gets loud but not like it used to. It doesn't take much anymore for the crowd to just say the hell with it. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, leanmeangreenmachine said:

Depends on how you want to define "loud". Being an open air stadium with a bad structural design for loudness, it really has never been loud, especially compared to a "loud" stadium like Arrowhead or Centurylink field. Being at the game it sounds loud but watching on TV it certainly doesn't come off as loud as most NFL stadiums

Tv noise? Umm you realize that different stadiums have broadcast booths in different locations and that the audio signal is mixed and compressed so that the commentators and officials can be heard above the stadium noise right?

 

Ive never been to quest or arrowhead to compare but both of those are reportadly very loud. Enclosed domes will always be the "loudest". The linc is certainly louder than the redskins, dolphins, and titans by far. Its on par with m&t in baltimore. Ive heard both stadiums be very loud.

3 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

It gets loud but not like it used to. It doesn't take much anymore for the crowd to just say the hell with it. 

Yep. Its absolutely the crowd. Not the stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Tv noise? Umm you realize that different stadiums have broadcast booths in different locations and that the audio signal is mixed and compressed so that the commentators and officials can be heard above the stadium noise right?

 

Ive never been to quest or arrowhead to compare but both of those are reportadly very loud. Enclosed domes will always be the "loudest". The linc is certainly louder than the redskins, dolphins, and titans by far. Its on par with m&t in baltimore. Ive heard both stadiums be very loud.

Yep. Its absolutely the crowd. Not the stadium.

You make excuses for a stadiums loudness about as much as you do for Foles. It's not a loud stadium. Sure, ticket prices going up can and probably did lead to a more passive crowd, but even with a rabid fan base the stadium was not built to contain noise.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, leanmeangreenmachine said:

You make excuses for a stadiums loudness about as much as you do for Foles. It's not a loud stadium. Sure, ticket prices going up can and probably did lead to a more passive crowd, but even with a rabid fan base the stadium was not built to contain noise.

Ive heard the stadium loud.. Thats why im not sure what you guys are reffering to. Foles doesnt need excuses. ..only defense from ridiculous slanderers who try ti strip him of the credit for any good hes ever done. Carry on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, leanmeangreenmachine said:

You make excuses for a stadiums loudness about as much as you do for Foles. It's not a loud stadium. Sure, ticket prices going up can and probably did lead to a more passive crowd, but even with a rabid fan base the stadium was not built to contain noise.

Also who os making excuses about crowd noise? I simply have a high understanding of audio production and broadcasting and the spund you hear on tv is not a direct reflection of the stadium. Hence out of my audio system the linc probably sounds much louder out of my tv than yours lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobbywizdum said:

Also who os making excuses about crowd noise? I simply have a high understanding of audio production and broadcasting and the spund you hear on tv is not a direct reflection of the stadium. Hence out of my audio system the linc probably sounds much louder out of my tv than yours lmao

No kidding its not a direct reflection but you can still get a general idea if a stadium is loud or not. Centurylink and US Bank all come off as head and shoulders louder than Linc while both have less capacity. Mainly because of how the stadium is constructed. Just because you heard the stadium loud when you were there doesn't mean its loud compared to other stadiums around the league or even loud on the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, leanmeangreenmachine said:

Linc has never been loud

lol what? :huh:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bram Sadford said:

lol what? :huh:

i was mostly comparing it to the Vet which is what OP was basically doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, leanmeangreenmachine said:

No kidding its not a direct reflection but you can still get a general idea if a stadium is loud or not. Centurylink and US Bank all come off as head and shoulders louder than Linc while both have less capacity. Mainly because of how the stadium is constructed. Just because you heard the stadium loud when you were there doesn't mean its loud compared to other stadiums around the league or even loud on the field. 

Ive been to many stadiums..."the linc doesnt get loud is a freakin myth". Fed ex is enclosed yet never sounds near as loud as the linc...m &t is designed very similar to the linc ...its also very loud. Hell citizens is far more "open" than the linc are you trying to tell me that it wasnt loud in the sell out days? Im simply saying you cant tell crowd decibels from a tv broadcast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Ive been to many stadiums..."the linc doesnt get loud is a freakin myth". Fed ex is enclosed yet never sounds near as loud as the linc...m &t is designed very similar to the linc ...its also very loud. Hell citizens is far more "open" than the linc are you trying to tell me that it wasnt loud in the sell out days? Im simply saying you cant tell crowd decibels from a tv broadcast. 

Good for you. So have I. I dont think it gets loud. Move on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, leanmeangreenmachine said:

i was mostly comparing it to the Vet which is what OP was basically doing

My post is about scaring off opposing fans not crowd noise. At the last flyers playoff home game the stadium had maybe 2% capitals fans and believe me when i tell you they were booed, harrassed, cursed, and heckled everywhere they walked. It was great. We may have lost 1-0 but those few brave fans walked im silence with there heads down back to their vehicles. It was true philly home ice advantage. The eagles crowd used to be just as rowdy. Its that heart and spirit im trying to invoke...yet instead im getting ripped for it and people are blaming our stadium lol we were the first to have a holding cell in the country for a reason ! Thats something to be proud of 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

My post is about scaring off opposing fans not crowd noise. At the last flyers playoff home game the stadium had maybe 2% capitals fans and believe me when i tell you they were booed, harrassed, cursed, and heckled everywhere they walked. It was great. We may have lost 1-0 but those few brave fans walked im silence with there heads down back to their vehicles. It was true philly home ice advantage. The eagles crowd used to be just as rowdy. Its that heart and spirit im trying to invoke...yet instead im getting ripped for it and people are blaming our stadium lol we were the first to have a holding cell in the country for a reason ! Thats something to be proud of 

You kind of went against your point. The flyers fans were abnoxious and arrogant and still lost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bobbywizdum said:

My post is about scaring off opposing fans not crowd noise. At the last flyers playoff home game the stadium had maybe 2% capitals fans and believe me when i tell you they were booed, harrassed, cursed, and heckled everywhere they walked. It was great. We may have lost 1-0 but those few brave fans walked im silence with there heads down back to their vehicles. It was true philly home ice advantage. The eagles crowd used to be just as rowdy. Its that heart and spirit im trying to invoke...yet instead im getting ripped for it and people are blaming our stadium lol we were the first to have a holding cell in the country for a reason ! Thats something to be proud of 

No. No it's not.

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when I was younger, I agreed about creating a hostile environment. Now that I'm in my 40's, a father, a husband, I don't like that kind of stuff. I would prefer to go to a game where I can enjoy myself, maybe talk a little trash with an opposing fan, but no one takes it so personally that someone has to get hurt. I guess I'm old, but I'd like to think I just matured. 

8 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now