bobbywizdum

Making the Linc a place to fear again

9 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

The things you speak of represent some of the worst possible human deficiencies:

drunkenness, debauchery, extreme violence, extreme disrespect, non-sportsmanship and voyeurism.

This is borderline anarchy. There's nothing honorable in any of that.

What you relate is exactly the things that the national media has crucified this town and this fan-base for decades.

Exactly what is it that we should be longing for??? 

That is what used to go on though, and that is what the NFL and the Eagles try to clean up. It's why my wife and sister never went to a game until the linc was built. They could make the Linc louder and meaner though, but it will never get to what the Vet was and they don't want it to be that way. I acknowledge that and understand that. But for anyone that says they want the Linc to be like the Vet, it can't , won't and will never be, and at this point after you realize what really went on up there in the 700 level do you really want it to be?

5 hours ago, theJesterr said:

That is what used to go on though, and that is what the NFL and the Eagles try to clean up. It's why my wife and sister never went to a game until the linc was built. They could make the Linc louder and meaner though, but it will never get to what the Vet was and they don't want it to be that way. I acknowledge that and understand that. But for anyone that says they want the Linc to be like the Vet, it can't , won't and will never be, and at this point after you realize what really went on up there in the 700 level do you really want it to be?

Hell no I don't know how many times I almost got thrown down those 700 level steps just waiting to go down them at the end of the game. 

6 hours ago, theJesterr said:

Everyone focuses on the wild stories of the old 700 level and yes, plenty of shenanigans went on, but tens of thousands of Eagles fans spent Sundays at the Vet and had a great time. I think that's what people miss - a stadium environment that reflects the community.

The NFL has gone totally corporate and has basically turned into the new Times Square - a big-box, expensive, touristy, sterile experience.  It's all the same. You could be in Cincinnati or New England or Carolina.  The stadium experience is all the same. 

The fans don't instill fear in the other team...but this does: Pepper Johnson launch in 3...2...1...

14 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

You have good points on some stuff, but the women flashers were always appreciated and welcomed. 

Hey, look . . . I 'Get' it. I'm a normal guy who loves boobs 'n beavers.

I'm just trying to look at it the way the National media would if they took issue with any of that stuff. 

OP is a stoon.  I had season tickets at the Vet and the Linc.  The Vet was when we were feared and for good reason.  The cost of season tickets at the linc weeded out most of the rowdy locals and went to corporations instead.  We have chunks of our section filled with sales guys taking opposing team clients to the game to close a deal.  It's definately not like the old days.   

If the team developed a nasty, top 3 D and the offense was killing it, it would carry over to the fans, it would naturally get louder and that would be the norm for as long as that type of team was together. Opposing teams would not enjoy coming to Philly to fave that type of team. When a team sucks or is in rebuild mode, it's just not going to have that atmosphere. Kicking a** and winning creates that atmosphere.

On 7/1/2017 at 3:20 PM, TalonBlood said:

If the team developed a nasty, top 3 D and the offense was killing it, it would carry over to the fans, it would naturally get louder and that would be the norm for as long as that type of team was together. Opposing teams would not enjoy coming to Philly to fave that type of team. When a team sucks or is in rebuild mode, it's just not going to have that atmosphere. Kicking a** and winning creates that atmosphere.

This years defense looks a lot like '91 in the way that it's built. Strong at the line and both safety positions, aggressive at LB and young on the corners. If it can stay healthy long enough to welcome Jones into the mix this D will be top notch. Resign a few guys, draft smart(defense) and then they should be legit contenders on the strength of the defense alone...of course all of this coming from an optimistic fan

What the heck does being belligerent to opposing fans have to do with the team on the field? You can beat up every Cowboys fan there is, doesn't mean the team is going to win the game. Makes me sick seeing this sentiment. I go to a road game every year and I'd rather not feel threatened and miserable. I hope anyone who verbally assaults opposing fans loses their right to go to games. Yes, say "your team sucks" a few times. But harrassing someone just because they are a fan of another team is downright Trumpian. 

36 minutes ago, skoods said:

What the heck does being belligerent to opposing fans have to do with the team on the field? You can beat up every Cowboys fan there is, doesn't mean the team is going to win the game. Makes me sick seeing this sentiment. I go to a road game every year and I'd rather not feel threatened and miserable. I hope anyone who verbally assaults opposing fans loses their right to go to games. Yes, say "your team sucks" a few times. But harrassing someone just because they are a fan of another team is downright Trumpian. 

Why do u fools continue to bring your political views into a foot ball board? For the record your vote is an always has been meaningless. USA is not a democracy. Its a coropration backed by the "federal reserve" in israel since 1890. We werexall born literally "in debt" to our govrernment of elitists and our elections are a puppet show. Pure entertainment and pury predetermined outcomes. Even if youd like to try ti debunk these facts just look at the set up. Candidates are elected based on electoral votes not "popular". The electorals are under no obligation to reflect the populas opinion. Its a trick and a stage show. Wake up little lamb. Your world view (which is shaped by propaganda anyways) means absolutely nothing under the hands that rule us.

Hmm. Doesn't want politics brought into TATE. Then makes a political post following. ?

1 hour ago, bobbywizdum said:

Why do u fools continue to bring your political views into a foot ball board? For the record your vote is an always has been meaningless. USA is not a democracy. Its a coropration backed by the "federal reserve" in israel since 1890. We werexall born literally "in debt" to our govrernment of elitists and our elections are a puppet show. Pure entertainment and pury predetermined outcomes. Even if youd like to try ti debunk these facts just look at the set up. Candidates are elected based on electoral votes not "popular". The electorals are under no obligation to reflect the populas opinion. Its a trick and a stage show. Wake up little lamb. Your world view (which is shaped by propaganda anyways) means absolutely nothing under the hands that rule us.

2FABA0FC00000578-3377831-image-a-14_1451

3 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Hmm. Doesn't want politics brought into TATE. Then makes a political post following. ?

Well he opened pandoras box to somehow connect this thread to donald trump ! I can assure you neither trump hillary obama or bush have anything to do with my passion for eagles football or dislike of visiting fans feeling cozy at the linc !

2 hours ago, leanmeangreenmachine said:

2FABA0FC00000578-3377831-image-a-14_1451

Jim carey is the man

22 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Well he opened pandoras box to somehow connect this thread to donald trump ! I can assure you neither trump hillary obama or bush have anything to do with my passion for eagles football or dislike of visiting fans feeling cozy at the linc !

Jim carey is the man

Where is Jim Carey?

To fear the Linc, they'd have to put a courtroom in the basement like the Vet. People need a reason to act a fool.

The Linc will never be the Vet. Eagles fans aren't even the same as the old Vet fans. We were rabid dogs back then. Now you go to an Eagles game and all you hear is Wives/GFs/or Mistresses complaining how cold they are. Fans singing kumbaya, or when asked someone if they think the Eagles will win today and they respond with "you betcha we will, good golly gee" Plus the place is built wrong. No matter how much noise you try to make, for some reason, it's never loud.   What you never saw at the vet that you see at the Linc is. Eagles fans inviting other teams fans to their tailgate thinking it's the perfect time to give them a good ribbing, but instead you see them together like they are best buds. 

A pictorial comparison, believe me I know this stuff....like manganese...some people don't even know what that is.

Lincoln Financial Field

hqdefault.jpg

Veterans Stadium

giphy-facebook_s.jpg?t=1

Still annoyed no one likes my earlier suggestion :rolleyes:

13 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

Still annoyed no one likes my earlier suggestion :rolleyes:

now I'm annoyed you made me scroll back for that.

1 hour ago, voodoochile75 said:

now I'm annoyed you made me scroll back for that.

:lol:..... Yep...I MADE ya do that.... I have ESPN..... still think it's a good idea tho

2 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

:lol:..... Yep...I MADE ya do that.... I have ESPN..... still think it's a good idea tho

I'm a fan of firepower

13 minutes ago, voodoochile75 said:

I'm a fan of firepower

Cool... Imma gonna see if we can get RTK to test out the catapult :blink:

On ‎2017‎-‎07‎-‎05 at 11:27 AM, bobbywizdum said:

Football is politics. The Patriots aren't even a good team on paper but win it pretty much every year unless Eli Manning is the QB on the opposite team???? The NFL is the equivalent of the WWE. Pure entertainment. Way too much money in gambling to ever come clean on this though.

24 minutes ago, eephraim said:

Football is politics. The Patriots aren't even a good team on paper but win it pretty much every year unless Eli Manning is the QB on the opposite team???? The NFL is the equivalent of the WWE. Pure entertainment. Way too much money in gambling to ever come clean on this though.

I like to believe that the nfl is pure but with the amount of money involved in it ...it gets very hard to hold onto that belief. Ive seen too many games where officiating seemed to be in a teams pocket.

Last years superbowl was very bizzare as was our game at dallas. I really have a hard time believing pederson could be that dumb and have an nfl job. 

Well, it's gonna take the fans to start acting a fool first, me myself talk smack to opposing teams like it's my last days living on earth, cowboys sucks, redskins are some hot a** garbage and the freaking Giants are our on Bangkok Betty prostitute, we treat them bastids anyway we wanna cus we own the Giants period. Eagles all day!!!!! screw the rest!!!!