Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coach5

Eagles 8 and 8

3 posts in this topic

Peters and Sproles will not last the season at high level. They have 26 years of playing NFL football, too much. Their WOs are Okay, but not great. The Oline, RBs, are LBs  are average. The Dline is good/above average and the Secondary is very average.  If the Coaching is great (ie., Vermeil (Hall of Fame Coach), Reid, etc.) this year, they may get the team in the playoffs. 

Coach5

On 7/16/2017 at 1:35 PM, Coach5 said:

Peters and Sproles will not last the season at high level. They have 26 years of playing NFL football, too much. Their WOs are Okay, but not great. The Oline, RBs, are LBs  are average. The Dline is good/above average and the Secondary is very average.  If the Coaching is great (ie., Vermeil (Hall of Fame Coach), Reid, etc.) this year, they may get the team in the playoffs. 

Coach5

Your concerns are possible. Injuries and/or defensive let-downs can really change things of course. But I hope and do believe they will get into the playoffs. Carson will be under a lot of scrutiny in 2017 and he will make mistakes. But he will be expected, like everyone on the team, to keep them to a minimum. A lot will depend on him and the team keeping the faith in their collective abilities and their effort, even after a costly slip-up. Their opponents will make mistakes too. So I sure hope they don't  ever give up nor get shy about taking risk. Many games will be close and decided late. When it gets late into a game, defenses start to wear down and I like to believe that that is where a mobile and strong armed QB can have the most impact, especially now with so many speedy teammates who can catch the ball. We will soon enough find out. It should be very exciting.

Head coach is the weakness. I think OP is a little negative on the talent. O line above average, receivers average to above average, running backs above average, tight ends above average, QB average. 

D line above average, linebackers above average, secondary average or below average.

Special Teams best in the league.

A stud coach gets this team in the playoffs. That Doug had to remind himself a couple of games into the preseason to focus on D too is a concern to me. Sounds very Reid-esque in his obsession over calling plays.