Sign in to follow this  
DaveSpadaro

[News] Lawlor: Jim Johnson Was The Mastermind

The Eagles have had some great defensive coaches over the years. Buddy Ryan drafted and developed linebacker Seth Joyner, defensive tackle Jerome Brown, defensive end Clyde Simmons, linebacker Byr...

View the full article

Great coaches don't just have a scheme. They know how to put together specific game plans.

Great coaches don't just have a scheme. They know how to put together specific game plans.

I agree with Tom's article. JJ was a great defensive mind and had lots of success here. I loved the defense he putouyt thewre. BUT He tended to get out coached in the NFC Championship games. We should never have lost the Cardinals and Bucs game, in both games the defense let us down.

He was the best to bad we didn't have the O to match.

U my friend never saw an eagles game ever!! if the O wasnt on point the d would get toasted

When I think of Jim Johnson I think of this...
It seemed to me like at least once in every game he could find a weakness in an offense that he knew he could exploit, that had his name written all over it.
I would be watching a game then see some blitz or something that worked perfectly then I'd say to myself, That's Jim Johnson.
He seemed to always find something he could exploit, he had that special ability.
He deserved more credit for what he did for the Eagles, with there success during his time.
Truth knowledge and love is needed for all, Michael

When I think of Jim Johnson I think of this...
It seemed to me like at least once in every game he could find a weakness in an offense that he knew he could exploit, that had his name written all over it.
I would be watching a game then see some blitz or something that worked perfectly then I'd say to myself, That's Jim Johnson.
He seemed to always find something he could exploit, he had that special ability.
He deserved more credit for what he did for the Eagles, with there success during his time.
Truth knowledge and love is needed for all, Michael

On July 16, 2017 at 6:51 PM, bagger90 said:

He was the best to bad we didn't have the O to match.

U my friend never saw an eagles game ever!! if the O wasnt on point the d would get toasted

When Donavan was throwing into the dirt 5 yards before his receivers? Is that the games you talk of???

On 7/20/2017 at 5:12 AM, bagger90 said:

When Donavan was throwing into the dirt 5 yards before his receivers? Is that the games you talk of???

No I am talking about games where if the O didnt move the ball, we lost those games which were quite often...