SBorBust

Reuben Foster

thats what 2 x like a month  he got busted .... Oh ya he was the steal of the draft :whistle:

10 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Yup, thankful the Eagles didn't draft this guy.

Yes and this doesn't even include the injury concerns

Oh man.  This was a guy I wanted to, his play at the linebacker position would of been huge.

But clearly the draft scouts did their homework and he dropped for character and injury reasons... and they were right.  A player can't help you if he's injured... or suspended.  

On 7/21/2017 at 8:16 PM, cowboy_ron said:

I wonder how he slipped by Jerry.

...even moreso now.

Reuben Foster physically dragged his girlfriend during an argument in an attempt to remove her from a California home, she claims.

The details have begun to emerge following the Sunday arrest of the 49ers linebacker. According to the Mercury News, a woman who has been in a long-term relationship with Foster called police after the couple quarreled in a Los Gatos home, and she told the cops that he owned multiple semiautomatic rifles.

The woman was injured, but the severity is unknown. Foster was booked for suspicion of domestic violence, making criminal threats and possessing an assault weapon after one — a SIG Sauer 516 short-barreled rifle — was located. He was released Sunday night after posting $75,000 bail.

Foster met with the 49ers on Monday, NFL Network reported.

"The San Francisco 49ers organization is aware of the report regarding Reuben Foster,” the team said Sunday in a statement. "We take matters of this nature seriously and are gathering all pertinent information.”

This is the second arrest in as many months for the 31st-overall pick in the 2017 draft. In January, Foster was charged with second-degree marijuana possession in Alabama. The former Crimson Tide star already had been in the league’s substance abuse program after his urine sample at last year’s combine came back as diluted.

When he was on the field, the 23-year-old impressed in his rookie season, in which he fought injuries but recorded 59 tackles in 10 games. Foster could be looking at an abbreviated season next year; the baseline suspension for domestic violence cases is six games.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/13/49ers-star-dragged-me-out-of-home-girlfriend/

Curious to know if his rifle(s) were CA Compliant or not.

This would suck for the 9ers they have been in complete misery since Harbaugh left. They look to be in better shape then the last few years but still. 

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:40 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

I'll admit, he is who I wanted the Eagles to take.   I think a lot of teams knew what was going on with him behind the scenes.    And I am so glad we have Barnett now and he is just going to get better in the coming seasons.   Sadly, Foster's career will probably be short if he doesn't straighten his life out.

San Francisco 49ers linebacker Reuben Foster has been charged with felony domestic violence, prosecutors announced today.

"Foster, 24, physically attacked the 28-year-old woman during a February argument at their Los Gatos home, leaving her bruised and with a ruptured ear drum,” the Santa Clara District Attorney’s office said in a statement.

Prosecutors charged Foster with one felony for that violent act, another felony for forcefully attempting to prevent the victim from reporting the crime, and a third felony for possessing an assault weapon. Foster is also charged with a misdemeanor for possessing a large capacity magazine. The charges could carry up to 11 years in prison.

The 49ers drafted Foster in the first round last year despite questions about character issues that had some teams reportedly taking him off their draft boards. Team owner Jed York was noncommittal last month about whether Foster has a future with the team. Foster will also be subject to league discipline, with the NFL conducting its own investigation that could find him in violation of the league’s personal conduct policy even if he is acquitted.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/12/49ers-reuben-foster-charged-with-three-felonies-in-domestic-violence-case/

Appears his rifle(s) weren't CA compliant and I'll say it again, I'm so thankful the Eagles didn't draft this guy.

9 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/12/49ers-reuben-foster-charged-with-three-felonies-in-domestic-violence-case/

Appears his rifle(s) weren't CA compliant and I'll say it again, I'm so thankful the Eagles didn't draft this guy.

Me to but I got crucified when I said he is a waste

18 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Me to but I got crucified when I said he is a waste

Crucified? 

Better than being blood eagled, I guess.

:blink: Dang, I just saw this 2013 article on his dad... sad smh

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2013/02/randolph_county_fugitive_nabbe.html

Alabama signee Reuben Foster's dad nabbed in Miami after 16 years on the run

Foster, lawmen said, shot his estranged wife, Inita Berry Paige, in the back multiple times while she was holding their 18-month child, Reuben. Reuben was also wounded in the gunfire. A Randolph County grand jury indicted Foster in February 1996, but by then Foster had fled to California.

I am sorry, but when a guy who was shot with his mom by his dad when he was 18 months old and grew up without that mom and with his scumbag dad on the run his whole life ALSO freaks out at the nurse trying to get his vitals at the combine... He goes off the draft board.

You don't invite crazy and pay crazy millions of dollars.

BTW, Joe Mixon or Jeremy Hill would never be on my team either.

It fits that it's the 49ers after Aldon Smith and Larry 'ended Young's career because he was too lazy to block' Phillips.

I think he is still technically on the team until the legal process works itself out, but it would be insane if he ever plays for them again.

I could see the Cowboys signing him in 5 years when he gets out of prison.

On 14/04/2018 at 6:04 PM, skippyx said:

I am sorry, but when a guy who was shot with his mom by his dad when he was 18 months old and grew up without that mom and with his scumbag dad on the run his whole life ALSO freaks out at the nurse trying to get his vitals at the combine... He goes off the draft board.

I get your point bud but I'm not sure I agree. I mean sure it's a risk and sure there's a good chance he grows up to be crazy... And so far yes Foster is proving your point. But I do think there are a lot of individuals out there who grow up with troubled childhoods and yet go on to live very normal and even successful lives. I think you've got to do your research and due diligence and ultimately take it case by case. 

On 4/14/2018 at 11:04 AM, skippyx said:

Minus the last part that's not really fair. See: Jon Dorenbos.

1 hour ago, paco said:

Minus the last part; That's not really fair. See: Jon Dorenbos.

Yeah I'm with you paco. You can't just every person and player by their upbringing. You have to base it off the person they become. In some cases individuals will make damn sure they don't turn out like their parents. 

10 hours ago, paco said:

Minus the last part that's not really fair. See: Jon Dorenbos.

The last part is what proves he is mentally unfit.

This has nothing to do with stable human beings who have gone through adversity.

Then why bring it up?

2 minutes ago, skippyx said:

The last part is what proves he is mentally unfit.

This has nothing to do with stable human beings who have gone through adversity.