Dcfan00

Eagles at Redskins 9/10/17

I'm thinking of going to FedEx field for this game. I've never been and I've heard bad things about getting to the stadium. Can anyone confirm whether public transportation can get you there?

Also, more importantly, does anyone know where Eagles fans sit at FedEx?  I have not bought my tickets yet and want to sit with fellow Eagles fans if possible. 

There is no public transportation there . . .like the Metro or anything.  Traffic is HORRENDOUS.  If you don't get to the stadium by 9AM for a 1PM game, prepare to sit in traffic.

As for where Eagles fans sit . . .where they buy their tickets, normally.

Thanks for the transportation tips. And to clarify, I was wondering if eagles fans sit in any particular section. If so I would like to get tickets in that section. 

one of the worst stadiums in the league... it reminds me of the vet as far as the concourse...

The Morgan Boulevard station on the DC Metrorail Blue Line is a little less than a mile from FedEx Field.  I've attended the Eagles/Redskins game at FedEx every year since 2011 and have always used the Metrorail to get there; many, many other people do the same thing.  It's not a bad walk, though I'm a little concerned this year that it will hot on the day of the game and I'll be a sweaty mess all day.  I recommend using Metrorail, because access to FedEx by car is a pain on game days and Dan Snyder charges an arm and a leg for parking.

Be aware that if you use Metrorail, they do charge event parking rates at Largo Town Center when the Redskins play at home.  Using a station like Greenbelt is probably a better bet; using Amtrak between Philadelphia and Washington and then using the WMATA Red and Blue Lines is also a good option.

On 7/25/2017 at 11:33 AM, Dcfan00 said:

Thanks for the transportation tips. And to clarify, I was wondering if eagles fans sit in any particular section. If so I would like to get tickets in that section. 

There are usually a lot of Eagles fans when they play the Redskins at FedEx, due to the high number of Eagles fans in the DC area and relatively close proximity to Philadelphia and south central PA.  I'd estimate the crowd will be roughly 20-25% Eagles fans and possibly a little higher, so there will Eagles fans in every section.

I really want to go to the game, but have no one to go with.  I usually don't mind doing things by myself, but I'm unsure in this case partly because I don't know if it's safe to be a solo female. Any thoughts on going alone to an away game as a female Eagles fan?

The green legion is running a trip there, you can sit with them if you buy your ticket through them.

I will warn you, unless you live near there or have some other reason to go, the Redskins stadium is terrible. The upper level views are horrendous, some of the lower level sections are obstructed view. The traffic is terrible, the stadium is run down, and I would never go see a game there again.

I'd estimate the crowd at the game was probably 30% Eagles fans, a stronger than usual turnout for Eagles fans at FedEx Field.  Also, I probably heard more E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!! chants during the game than any other Eagles game I've attended, including games in Philadelphia.  (I've attended 36 Eagles regular season or playoff games, including 22 home games, 5 of which were playoff games, in my lifetime.)