VaBeach_Eagle

Black Monday: Who's on the hot seat in 2017? Who gets fired?

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I haven't seen a lot of him since he's been in the league, so I don't have a fully formed opinion of him yet. But my impression of him right now is that he's average to above average.

an issue is mike mularkey isnt exactly the guy you want to be coaching him up especially when you have guys like mcdaniels and deflippo available.

last year mariota from week 5 to week 16 had 22 tds and 4 interceptions. the kid has talent.

AR is getting fired if they lose. Either that or the OC becomes the scapegoat because AR "gave up playcalling" even though he was doing it in this game

25 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

AR is getting fired if they lose. Either that or the OC becomes the scapegoat because AR "gave up playcalling" even though he was doing it in this game

Maybe Doug will hire him as QB coach if DeFilippo gets hired away... :huh: 

On 12/31/2017 at 7:58 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I always think the same. The year goes by so damn quickly and we only have a few more weeks of football before months of nothingness. It feels like yesterday that I was in Florida watching our season opener whilst awaiting hurricane Irma. 

What do you mean months of nothingness?  We have after the Super Bowl:

The Daytona 500
March Madness
Baseball Season
NBA Playoffs
Stanley Cup Finals

and so forth before the NFL season gets going again (plus the draft and so forth). 

14 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

The Daytona 500
March Madness
Baseball Season
NBA Playoffs
Stanley Cup Finals

and so forth before the NFL season gets going again (plus the draft and so forth). 

That’s a lot of nothingness for those not interested in that stuff. 

5 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Well celebrities at the rams games!!

33 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

The Daytona 500
March Madness
Baseball Season
NBA Playoffs
Stanley Cup Finals

You mean:

The Combine
The Draft
Mini Camps
OTA's
Training Camp

I think KC needs to consider firing AR after this debacle. To totally abandon both the run and the deep ball in the 2nd half is totally absurd. AR can't get out of his own way. 

3 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

The Daytona 500
March Madness
Baseball Season
NBA Playoffs
Stanley Cup Finals

Yep I'll echo another post... I'm not interested in any of those. I'm trying to get in to the NBA but it's nothing something I personally am in to get. 

11 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Well some of us have interest in sports that go WAY beyond football. 

35 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Well some of us have interest in sports that go WAY beyond football. 

Right, and for the rest of us, it's a lot of nothingness.

10 hours ago, The_Talon said:

I think KC needs to consider firing AR after this debacle. To totally abandon both the run and the deep ball in the 2nd half is totally absurd. AR can't get out of his own way. 

Andy abandoning the run - who'da thunk it?   Isn't it funny how casual fans realize the necessity for a balanced attack but professional coaches can't figure it out?

16 hours ago, mike030270 said:

I don't think they are so quick to fire AR because before AR the Chiefs had fallen into the pits and were 2-14 the season before he took over.  He did fix a lot of problems in KC and their playoff drought goes much further back.  Plus, AR I think gets at least two years to work with Pat Mahomes, who likely will be the Chiefs QB next season.  

33 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

I don't think they are so quick to fire AR because before AR the Chiefs had fallen into the pits and were 2-14 the season before he took over.  He did fix a lot of problems in KC and their playoff drought goes much further back.  Plus, AR I think gets at least two years to work with Pat Mahomes, who likely will be the Chiefs QB next season.  

Until everyone sees that Mahomes was a huge reach where they drafted him and he ends up being a major bust. 

3 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

i said the same thing last night. even if they fire reid tomorrow you still have to groom mahomes and hope he turns into a player cause smith is gone. would you rather have someone who didnt draft him work with him or andy? and is a lot of things, but he is generally pretty good at getting the best out of his QBs that he has more than a season to work with outside of kolb. feeley, mcnabb, vick and even had foles playing OK for a rookie when we were really bad.

that said, i predicted mahomes would be taken as the second QB in that draft in February. however i thought watson would go 3rd and wind up being the best, he just had the makeup you love from your qb. loves the game, plays bigger as the stage gets bigger and he is just a great leader. not something that could be said yet for trubisky and mahomes.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 10:11 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I expect a fuss to be made because the Looney Rule wasn't 'honored'.

Fritz Pollard Alliance wants NFL to investigate Raiders

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/10/fritz-pollard-alliance-wants-nfl-to-investigate-raiders/

The Fritz Pollard Alliance has changed its tune regarding the compliance of the Raiders with the Rooney Rule.

"We are deeply concerned by reports that the Oakland Raiders’ owner, Mark Davis, came to an agreement with Jon Gruden about him becoming the Raiders’ next head coach before interviewing any candidates of color,” the group said in a statement issued on Wednesday night. "If so, the Club violated the Rooney Rule, which was instituted by the NFL in 2003 and requires teams to interview at least one candidate of color for open head coaching and general manager positions.

"As soon as we learned of the reports, we formally requested that the NFL thoroughly investigate the matter to conclusively determine whether the Rooney Rule was violated — and if it was violated, to impose an appropriate punishment.”

The news of a potential violation didn’t come from "reports,” however. The news came from an admission by Raiders owner Mark Davis that, as many suspected, the Raiders reached an agreement in principle with Gruden before firing Jack Del Rio. Which, as PFT explained when it was merely suspected that the Raiders struck a deal with Gruden before firing Del Rio, means that the job was never vacant. Which means that there was no way of complying with the Rooney Rule, no matter how many minority candidates were interviewed after Del Rio was fired.

As noted earlier today, PFT asked the league during a recent media briefing whether it’s permissible to reach an agreement in principle with a new coach before firing the current coach. The league still hasn’t provided an answer, quite possibly because there is no good answer.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Mike Mularkey is out in Tennessee, add one more to the list.

By this point I would think he is officially done as a head coach. He is dreadful

10 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

By this point I would think he is officially done as a head coach. He is dreadful

You never know, he got the Titans into the Divisional Round. When Hugh is fired next year, I wouldn't be shocked to see him interviewed in Cleveland.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You never know, he got the Titans into the Divisional Round. When Hugh is fired next year, I wouldn't be shocked to see him interviewed in Cleveland.

Yes but he has had 2 stints before this that were terrible and also as a offensive coordinator and has been demoted . I think even last year they were thinking about ditching him but, gave him another year because of Mariota being injured. 

On 1/7/2018 at 1:19 AM, The_Talon said:

Alex Smith will be scapegoated for that loss, although I thought he played well enough to win that game. 

2 hours ago, EccentricGreen said:

Alex Smith will be scapegoated for that loss, although I thought he played well enough to win that game. 

which would be too bad. It's not his fault the game plan changed. That's on the OC/HC