VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

4 hours ago, Objective Truth said:

Oh, Blandino. I remember that.

Tell me again, what does this have to do with Zeke being railroaded? Oh yea, nothing.

You don't care about right or wrong. Only that you hate the Cowboys. And the fact that this is literally have to offer just shows it. Seriously. Posting that was no different than posting, "I'm a moron who don't care about being fair, only about hating Dallas. I'm a real dope."

Refusing to be objective due to implicit bias in the face of such incontrovertible evidence to the contrary is the realm of either the wicked or weak minded.

Either way, you disgust me.

I think Vabeach has been pretty up front and honest about that

29 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

VaBeach, if you don't stop behaving like a petulant child right now, I'm putting you in timeout!!

I personally like when he is a petulant child. 

5 hours ago, Objective Truth said:

Oh, Blandino. I remember that.

Tell me again, what does this have to do with Zeke being railroaded? Oh yea, nothing.

You don't care about right or wrong. Only that you hate the Cowboys. And the fact that this is literally have to offer just shows it. Seriously. Posting that was no different than posting, "I'm a moron who don't care about being fair, only about hating Dallas. I'm a real dope."

Refusing to be objective due to implicit bias in the face of such incontrovertible evidence to the contrary is the realm of either the wicked or weak minded.

Either way, you disgust me.

Evidence is not needed. This isn't a criminal trial. The cowboys contractually employ Zeke, they don't owe him anything. Even if he didn't hit that girl, he showed very poor judgement in continuing to going back to her house and having the police caled three times in five days. You think he would have learned to stay away after she accused him falsely the first time (and I'm not saying it was a false accusation either, I believe there was some fire in that smoke.)

Put yourself in bad situations, pay the price. Ask Iverson.

1 hour ago, Stephen1 said:

I think Vabeach has been pretty up front and honest about that

No doubt.  And it's not like this is the Philadelphia Eagles message board.

I say suspend em all for associating with that Ewok looking, Buckeye wearing Brokeback Cowboy.

Yea Truth let's all relax and the Zeke deal will work out without our help. 

Any NFL fan should be concerned about how this has been handled. It's an embarrassment and this is the closest I've seen somebody being railroaded since....well, since Brady. This could very well happen to one of our players next.

Here's the bottom line. 

GODdell still has egg on his face from the Ray Rice mess and doesn't want to look soft on domestic violence so Zeke is paying the price. 

21 hours ago, cowboy_ron said:

In the NFL evidence is not needed......they've taken 13 months to try and drum up a case that even law enforcement said was too weak to pursue. Have they spent 13 months on any case before? Goodell is inconsistent in his rulings.

I definitely agree with that. NFL is all over the place with its punishments

42 minutes ago, MERK said:

Here's the bottom line. 

GODdell still has egg on his face from the Ray Rice mess and doesn't want to look soft on domestic violence so Zeke is paying the price. 

yeah, and just because jerruh said he didn't see any evidence means nothing to me. Jerruh visits Glory Holes for Fs sake. Maybe Zekke did get railroaded though which sucks. Roger is always playing catchup with his ruling it seems to me. Like it's always well I'll rule on this after I consider my last five and make sure I even it out.

1 hour ago, MERK said:

Here's the bottom line. 

Uhh, it wasn't egg...it was dried Mara jelly.

The whole things been a scam.  From Goodell initially suspending Zeke to the NFLPA filing it's appeal to all these accusations about the NFL withholding bla bla bla.   

Goodell needed to appear tough after the AP and Ray Rice incidents.  So he appeared to hand down Zeke a 6 game suspension.  He knew all along the NFLPA would file it's appeal with smoke and mirrors to confuse the masses into thinking that the NFL had somehow wronged Zeke by withholding information.  The Cowboys mean too much to the NFL and it's safe to say this team doesn't make the playoffs or contend for the playoffs without this guy.  Cowboys in the playoffs = more money for the NFL.  Zeke will be the starting running back for the Cowboys in week 1.  

Doesn't it seem a little funny how the NFL pushes the Lane Johnson appeal back over and over again last season then when the time was right upheld his suspension and finishes his season.  No coincidence this teams chances go down the crapper at that point.  Now flash forward to this season when somehow miraculously the Zeke hearing is pushed forward to August 29.  Coincidentally before the season even starts.  

You can spin the rest of this however you want but there's no denying the suspicious nature of the timing of the appeal in both cases.  One gets pushed back and one gets pushed forward.  

18 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I hope they add 6 additional games for two reasons:

1 - He's a Cowboy

2 - He plays with a star on his helmet

Don't give Goodell any ideas! You know how he loves to push around the Cowboys organisation.

35 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Absolute comedy, they should double his suspension.

DIqosJ_UMAAoYqq.jpg:large

Really? Zeke's suspension should be doubled on the basis that he's valuable to his team? 

19 hours ago, ilikepargo said:

This is exactly why Fantasy Football is stupid.  It makes you weak.

If you want the Cowboys or any Cowboys player to do well, you are a traitor to the Eagles.

GTFO.  We don't need you.

Aww someone is butt hurt. Relax. You're acting as if I would root for him if he were playing the eagles or if we needed them to lose a game. Obviously not. So just take a chill pill keyboard warrior. 

5 hours ago, Baynit said:

The whole things been a scam.  From Goodell initially suspending Zeke to the NFLPA filing it's appeal to all these accusations about the NFL withholding bla bla bla.   

Goodell needed to appear tough after the AP and Ray Rice incidents.  So he appeared to hand down Zeke a 6 game suspension.  He knew all along the NFLPA would file it's appeal with smoke and mirrors to confuse the masses into thinking that the NFL had somehow wronged Zeke by withholding information.  The Cowboys mean too much to the NFL and it's safe to say this team doesn't make the playoffs or contend for the playoffs without this guy.  Cowboys in the playoffs = more money for the NFL.  Zeke will be the starting running back for the Cowboys in week 1.  

Doesn't it seem a little funny how the NFL pushes the Lane Johnson appeal back over and over again last season then when the time was right upheld his suspension and finishes his season.  No coincidence this teams chances go down the crapper at that point.  Now flash forward to this season when somehow miraculously the Zeke hearing is pushed forward to August 29.  Coincidentally before the season even starts.  

You can spin the rest of this however you want but there's no denying the suspicious nature of the timing of the appeal in both cases.  One gets pushed back and one gets pushed forward.  

Goodell should actually win this won because after 10 years the dude FINALLY put in writing what the guidelines for specific suspensions are.  It still has to go through court because he has handled all the other ones in such absurd manner, but he should finally win this one.

10 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Goodell should actually win this won because after 10 years the dude FINALLY put in writing what the guidelines for specific suspensions are.  It still has to go through court because he has handled all the other ones in such absurd manner, but he should finally win this one.

Problem is he signed those guidelines last year and then promptly suspended Josh Brown for 2 games for DV. So Zeke can show that it's still arbitrary. Goodell may very well win the case because of the language of the CBA. I've never argued Goodell didn't have the authority to suspend him. It still doesn't mean he was right to suspend him, it's pretty obvious this whole investigation was a sham

8 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

Problem is he signed those guidelines last year and then promptly suspended Josh Brown for 2 games for DV. So Zeke can show that it's still arbitrary. Goodell may very well win the case because of the language of the CBA. I've never argued Goodell didn't have the authority to suspend him. It still doesn't mean he was right to suspend him, it's pretty obvious this whole investigation was a sham

I think Zeke is toast.  Goodell is a really, really slow freaking learner, but he's learned enough from Saints & Brady and this case is a lazy fly ball.

16 hours ago, Sportsdude360 said:

Really? Zeke's suspension should be doubled on the basis that he's valuable to his team? 

Really? Whoever wrote thinks that Zekes value to the team should influence his suspension? That's as dumb as thinking that primetime games have anything to do with league punishments.

Works for politicians.  To big to fail.

On 9/1/2017 at 4:50 PM, downundermike said:

Absolute comedy, they should double his suspension.

DIqosJ_UMAAoYqq.jpg:large

I'm surprised they didn't write in how the Hurricane has affected the community and they need a feel good win here in Texas. 

On 8/31/2017 at 11:50 PM, Objective Truth said:

THE LEAD INVESTIGATOR AND THE ONLY PERSON TO INTERVIEW THE ACCUSER WAS PREPARED TO RECOMMEND NO SUSPENSION, BUT WAS BARRED FROM OFFERING HER REPORT BY LISA FRIEL, A LIFELONG GIANTS FAN.

Elliott's suspension will, at this point, most likely be completely vacated. But I would expect him to file suit for defamation of character. This is turning into an absolute nightmare for the league. I don't see how Goodell isn't finished.

Is this based on all the evidence? The early reports was that the NFL has evidence that is not public, stuff the Police did not have as well. So do we know that all the evidence has now been released to the public? or is this just speculation?

As usual, we here what one side wants us to hear. IN this case Elliots side. I will wait till everything is hashed out before making any opinion or statements about such cases. 

You being a Cowboy fan are heavily invested ... so forgive me not to take your word for it. 

On 9/1/2017 at 11:26 AM, Paul852 said:

Any NFL fan should be concerned about how this has been handled. It's an embarrassment and this is the closest I've seen somebody being railroaded since....well, since Brady. This could very well happen to one of our players next.

Except.... we are not the Cowboys, we dont draft, sign or keep players who are as big of degenerates.  Huff caught at the Airport with a Gun- outta here. 

The Cowboys have guys like Elliot and Gregory on a regular basis. So no it's not likely to happen to one of our guys

On 9/1/2017 at 1:18 PM, MERK said:

Here's the bottom line. 

Very close to the truth here. 

2 hours ago, Ialone said:

Except.... we are not the Cowboys, we dont draft, sign or keep players who are as big of degenerates.  Huff caught at the Airport with a Gun- outta here. 

The Cowboys have guys like Elliot and Gregory on a regular basis. So no it's not likely to happen to one of our guys

Very close to the truth here. 

If Huff had the talent that Zeke does, he wouldn't be gone.  I hate the Cowboys but that is just how the NFL works.

Distractions/issues from good to great players = worth it.  They stay.

From bad to medicore players = not worth it. They're gone.

See: Kaepernick, Colin