VaBeach_Eagle

Ezekiel Elliott Suspended for 6 games

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, ckudrick said:

If Huff had the talent that Zeke does, he wouldn't be gone.  I hate the Cowboys but that is just how the NFL works.

Distractions/issues from good to great players = worth it.  They stay.

From bad to medicore players = not worth it. They're gone.

See: Kaepernick, Colin

Huff's not near the idiot Zeke is....  Dont get me wrong Huff's an idiot, but he's not a woman beating tube top pullin druggy like Zeke is... or if he is, he's much smarter and much better at hiding it, Zeke has to be a complete idiot.  He's clueless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picture that .gif with the guy at his office tossing around papers and throwing things around when I think of Henderson reading through all the evidence and saying "F this."

No way Goodell's buddy overturns this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

I picture that .gif with the guy at his office tossing around papers and throwing things around when I think of Henderson reading through all the evidence and saying "F this."

No way Goodell's buddy overturns this. 

I agree! The NFL is going to guarantee itself a long protracted labor battle in two years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think his suspension will get reduced from 6 to 4. Of course I don't hope that happens and it somehow increases from 6 to the season but that's just wishful thinking.

Bias aside because he's for the Cowboys, I can see the tough predicament Goodell is/was in. At some point, punishments need to be handed out hard to players. The NFL and it's players in general need to clean up their act. There seems to be no system in place for any of this at all and is very random, and stuff seems to always get appealed because of this delaying everything even further.

The next labor battle will interesting. They need better definitions to what causes a suspension so the players have a good set of rules.  If I was the NFL, I'd structure it that it makes it easy for them to hand out 2 game suspensions, then add a repeater penalty on top of that.  If Elliot was handed a 2-game suspension for example, likely he takes it and hopefully smartens up.  But then consequently when players are found guilty/charged, the NFL needs to come down much harder on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Northern Green Wings said:

I think his suspension will get reduced from 6 to 4. Of course I don't hope that happens and it somehow increases from 6 to the season but that's just wishful thinking.

Bias aside because he's for the Cowboys, I can see the tough predicament Goodell is/was in. At some point, punishments need to be handed out hard to players. The NFL and it's players in general need to clean up their act. There seems to be no system in place for any of this at all and is very random, and stuff seems to always get appealed because of this delaying everything even further.

The next labor battle will interesting. They need better definitions to what causes a suspension so the players have a good set of rules.  If I was the NFL, I'd structure it that it makes it easy for them to hand out 2 game suspensions, then add a repeater penalty on top of that.  If Elliot was handed a 2-game suspension for example, likely he takes it and hopefully smartens up.  But then consequently when players are found guilty/charged, the NFL needs to come down much harder on them.

agreed...that's the problem...everything looks like it's by the seat of their pants, nothing is consistent. people have done way more, and gotten way less suspension wise.

I think they should have suspended him for conduct detrimental to the league, make it 2-4 games, lump the shirt pulling down, fight, speeding ticket into it, then make it clear any other incidents of any kind would be met harshly. But not having any evidence of DV and giving him 6 games was overboard. 

Goodell is going to lose a lot of power during the next CBA, and he has nobody to blame but himself 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

agreed...that's the problem...everything looks like it's by the seat of their pants, nothing is consistent. people have done way more, and gotten way less suspension wise.

I think they should have suspended him for conduct detrimental to the league, make it 2-4 games, lump the shirt pulling down, fight, speeding ticket into it, then make it clear any other incidents of any kind would be met harshly. But not having any evidence of DV and giving him 6 games was overboard. 

Goodell is going to lose a lot of power during the next CBA, and he has nobody to blame but himself 

That would of been the approach I would have taken with it.  There's enough smoke that there is fire with Elliot.  Suspend him for less games and give a warning.  Then when the new CBA is being negotiated, start adding in harsher punishments with clearly defined language that makes it hard for players to appeal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it gets reduced to 4 or maybe 3. Even throwing out the DV charge, his conduct has been pretty bad for the year he has been in the league. As much as I wish for Dallas to fail I also want to watch the best players play every Sunday and hope he cleans up his behavior. 

 

To be honest it would probably be better for his career if it stayed 6 games. Maybe that slap in the face, a "these mofos don't play around" idea would be a way of nudging him in the right direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's either dropped to two games or completely vacated. I honestly think Henderson might shock everyone and just toss it.

But assuming he won't, as people smarter than me seem to believe he will keep it at 6 or drop to 4, I think Elliott will end up having to serve the suspension now that I have a bit more knowledge of the CBA and some of the stuff outlined in the NFL's counter-dismissal suit. Arbitrary or not, it seems the NFL pretty much has free reign here. I don't know that the federal courts have ever ruled in favor of the NFLPA and I think like Brady, Zeke will end up having to take a seat. I mean, the NFL has all the legal mumbo-jumbo on their side in this case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, boogyman said:

I think it gets reduced to 4 or maybe 3. Even throwing out the DV charge, his conduct has been pretty bad for the year he has been in the league. As much as I wish for Dallas to fail I also want to watch the best players play every Sunday and hope he cleans up his behavior. 

 

To be honest it would probably be better for his career if it stayed 6 games. Maybe that slap in the face, a "these mofos don't play around" idea would be a way of nudging him in the right direction.

Agree that a 6 games timeout would reach him pretty hard and that what he needs. I don't think that Goodell will lose much power with the CBA. Players want money and if you look at the amount of players who have falling into these problems it's a very small average and do the players want to give up money to get this corrected I don't think so. 

If he does get power taken away it would come from JJ and a few other owners who run most of the NFL anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL  He wants restraining order on the NFL   ,  I hope the NFL puts him on exempt list and let his lawsuit get dragged out in court and him miss more than the 6 games.  The kid has the attitude he can do whatever he wants and there is no consequences.   The Cowboys should tell him to sit down shut up and learn from all of it .   I can see it getting ugly    

 

On a side note it would be funny  is the restraining order went through but prevent him from being at stadiums or games because of it .... Some kind of stupid mistake in paper work or something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Ezekiel Elliott will play week 1. Suspension may start week 2.

The NFL is still looking so bad that it wouldn't surprise me if they ultimately ends up being a 6 game "fine" rather than game suspensions just to save face. Rappaport is saying the judge is even having doubts about the NFL's side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, cowboy_ron said:

The NFL is still looking so bad that it wouldn't surprise me if they ultimately ends up being a 6 game "fine" rather than game suspensions just to save face. Rappaport is saying the judge is even having doubts about the NFL's side.

I heard it was upheld what face is the nfl saving? Zeke cant keep his nose clean. Not the "nfls" fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, texasgiantfan said:

Zeke will play vs Giants.  I was hoping he would play to keep the Giants defense upbeat and on their P's & Q's.  

Win win for us. One of you guys will be a game back of us after sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, texasgiantfan said:

Zeke will play vs Giants.  I was hoping he would play to keep the Giants defense upbeat and on their P's & Q's.  

The longer he waits to serve the more it could hurt the team .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bobbywizdum said:

Win win for us. One of you guys will be a game back of us after sunday.

Now let's not get ahead of yourselves your team win seven games last year. You have been listening to Adam Shein to much. He also said Philly and Chip Kelly will change the way the game is played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't surprise me. I would very surprised if they had any luck in the courts as well. Zeke has his issues but this whole thing has been a trainwrech for Goodell and the way they handle these cases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now